User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
If you want her you can bring her up for YOU!!

One last little thought for you here- you should really appreciate all that Alaskans import from you guys outside. We have more private pilot license, per capita, so therefor the planes are an import- cause we don't build them here. We eat more ice cream, per capita, and there are very few dairies here so some dairy farmers are lovin' us. But most importantly this State keeps a whole lot of trucks on the road bringing stuff to us welfare recipients and moving stuff around our state over bridges to nowhere!!

:bigthink:

Quote:
Ok- here's where I get to be a good Alaskan and educate the misinformed masses the live Outside (Outside meaning anywhere on the planet other that the State of Alaska). Aerial hunting is banned in Alaska with only one exception. The exception is for predator management by game officials. No private citizen can aerial hunt. So forgive us for using the most cost effective manner to manage our game. As a matter of law you can not hunt on a fly in until 3am the following day. The fines are high and the rules strictly enforced.
Personally I would not be bragging about anyone involved in the banking industy considering the recent financial debacles happening Outside. :lol: For the record-Alaska has the second lowest forclosure rate in the Nation. Not bad for a group with a Governor that you avow cannot put two sentences together. Our unemployment rate is also around only 8%- NC is around 12%. If I'm not careful here my houseboy will end up working full time because people keep offering him jobs that he hasn't even applied for. Having said all that since my State seems to be doing just fine while the rest of the country tanks- I'll stick with Caribou Barbie and her abilities to hunt, fish and ride.

Speaking again of educating people- The North Slope is owned by the State of Alaska and several regional Native Corporations. It is NOT BLM land, or any other Federal Agency for that matter. Check out the Department of Oil and Gas for the State of Alaska webpage for a map that shows who has rights/land ownership to what fields

:tears:She not be the "Gov" anymore....but she still be pretty!!! If she runs....I'll vote fer her again!!

:bigthink:

Quote:
Oh yes it is legal. For detailed information google "Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation" Therein lies all the pertinant (and correct) information on our funds. Really not my problem that your State chooses to keep all of the revenue from your non-renewable resources in the state coffers instead of distibuting it to the residents. Keep in mind that while Alaskans supply approximately 1/4 of the nations crude oil, it all goes to the West Coast- so if anyone is getting screwed it's primarily the Californians.

Nice to see that someone besides me understands that last part!! :rofl:

Nice to read you here Ms. Rhonda! Keep that "EX-Coolie-Driver" (CRST for those whom don't know!!:rofl: :rofl in line would you??

:bigthumbsup::bigclap:
Old 08-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Board Icon

belpre122's "woman" Rhonda said:

Quote:
If you want her you can bring her up for YOU!!
Well, I wasn't going to bring her for YOU! :rofl:

Quote:
I would love for the price of fuel to DROP to $2.50/gal here!!! (Would you like some cheese with that wine?)
Perhaps it WOULD if they didn't have to "build in" the overhead of your welfare check! :clap:

Quote:
Ok- here's where I get to be a good Alaskan and educate the misinformed masses that live Outside (Outside meaning anywhere on the planet other that the State of Alaska).
So, you're admitting that Palin lives in an "isolated" world? A "box" so to speak? Unaware and uninformed about the "Outside?"

Quote:
Aerial hunting is banned in Alaska with only one exception. The exception is for predator management by game officials. No private citizen can aerial hunt.

Not true, as I understand it. I believe they recently gave "permits" for private citizens to join the FUN.

I could be wrong. Don't really care. Not concerned with the wellbeing of wolves.

Quote:
As a matter of law you can not hunt on a fly in until 3am the following day. The fines are high and the rules strictly enforced.
So.... this applies ONLY to game officials? THEY "fly in?" Or is this a law for "outsiders?"

Quote:
Personally I would not be bragging about anyone involved in the banking industy considering the recent financial debacles happening Outside.
Good point, but I was pointing out the international dealings our governor deals with on a daily basis. NOT just a negotiation with Canadians for a pipeline that is YET to be built.

Quote:
For the record-Alaska has the second lowest forclosure rate in the Nation.
And, due to the population, probably the second lowest MORTGAGE rate in the nation! How much does an igloo COST? :lol2:

Quote:
Our unemployment rate is also around only 8%- NC is around 12%.
You have to HAVE an "industry" before you can have it "outsourced" overseas! NC was the textile center of the country... AND the furniture capital of the country. Both have been sent overseas. Also, high on the list of tobacco growers..... I bet you're one of those "nonsmoker" nuts, too! :moon::lol2:

Quote:
Having said all that since my State seems to be doing just fine while the rest of the country tanks- I'll stick with Caribou Barbie and her abilities to hunt, fish and ride.
And, you're WELCOME to her! Just.... PLEASE.... keep her up there and out of sight! The REST of the "outside" is concerned with bigger things than "leisure activities."

Quote:
Speaking again of educating people- The North Slope is owned by the State of Alaska and several regional Native Corporations. It is NOT BLM land, or any other Federal Agency for that matter. Check out the Department of Oil and Gas for the State of Alaska webpage for a map that shows who has rights/land ownership to what fields.
I thank you for that info. Even without a link, I'm SURE I can find what I am looking for.

Quote:
Really not my problem that your State chooses to keep all of the revenue from your non-renewable resources in the state coffers instead of distibuting it to the residents.
Are you trying to tell me that OIL is a "renewable resource?" TOBACCO is more "renewable" than OIL! :hellno:

Quote:
Think for a minute here- if you need a bridge to get there, and it doesn't exist- then aren't most bridges, bridges to nowhere until built. Then infrastucture developes and it becomes a bridge to "somewhere"
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I see you went to the same school as PALIN! :lol2: I'll have to think MORE than a minute to decipher THAT statement!

Nothwithstanding the obvious, that bridges are built from both ENDS towards the middle, the particular bridge was to connect an island with VERY few inhabitants.... who ALREADY had a road around the bay to get where they were going.... for NO GOOD REASON than comfort and JOBS.... and was to be PAID for by FEDERAL monies for a remote section of the world that no one HERE really cares about!

OH..... and wasn't Palin FOR it before she was AGAINST it? :rofl: (or was it the other way around.... like anyone cares?)

Quote:
One last little thought for you here- you should really appreciate all that Alaskans import from you guys outside. We have more private pilot license, per capita, so therefor the planes are an import- cause we don't build them here. We eat more ice cream, per capita, and there are very few dairies here so some dairy farmers are lovin' us. But most importantly this State keeps a whole lot of trucks on the road bringing stuff to us welfare recipients and moving stuff around our state over bridges to nowhere!!
So... you don't BUILD anything. You don't RAISE anything. And you need us to SHIP everything TO YOU? And you think you are "self-sufficient?" :hellno:

Hee hee, this is FUN! You KNOW (cuz Bel has told you) that I'm just having some FUN, right? Don't take it personal Rhonda! Welcome to CAD! Take care of my "houseboy" Bel! He's a little insecure, since HIS "truck" was only 1/4 the size of MINE! :lol2::lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member