Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

From the Texan 10 Commandments:

(3) No telling tales . ....

Well.... I guess that means all Texans are goin' to Hell! :clap:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Wait - I was always told that Wisconsin is God's country. I think we need to have a battle royale to figure out who wins.
Nope. Wisconsin is CHEESE country!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Texas is much nicer when you get away from the larger cities. There is some beautiful country in the state.
Not really! Sorry, but most of it is as FLAT as my ex-girlfriend and twice as barren!

The sagebrushed Western part of Texas is just boring. Hardly even a hill or mountain to break the monotony. The "grassy" East is just flat and speckled with only a few trees. Even the green grass of the Oklahoma panhandle STOPS at the border of Texas! :lol:

Only Texans would make a mountain out of the mole-HILL country. :hellno:

Sure, the coastline is pretty.... when not covered in oil.... but there's no WAVE action! A coastline of a big LAKE (the Gulf) as opposed to the open ocean! :thumbsdown:

Maybe I missed something in all these years.... but, I can't recall ever seeing acres of "amber waving grain," nor purple mountain majesty. nor fruited plains. And for the most part.... even the SKY seems to be boring itself to sleep.

I can't say exactly where God's Country IS.... it's a tough call between Colorado, Montana and the Pacific Northwest.... but, I'm pretty sure Texas was created on one of his "down" days! No inspiration... no miracles... no desire to impress.

Even the American Indians steered clear of it for the most part.... settling instead in the lands of New Mexico/Arizona... or Oklahoma.... the Dakotas... and even the Southeast. Others, of course, preferred the Northeast, the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys and the Northwest. Note: American Indians are renowned for their love and appreciation for the LAND.

Quote:
The state name derives from a Caddo word, tayshas, meaning friends or allies, and was mistakenly applied to the people and their location by Spanish explorers.
The SPANISH form of the word was TEJAS.

The Caddo indians mostly inhabited western Oklahoma and Louisiana because they were "semi-sedimentary" That means they cultivated and lived off the land. For that.... they needed fertile soil... something found ONLY near the borders of Oklahoma and Louisianna.

The rest of the state is a wasteland.

Interesting fact for truckers: It is 822 miles from the border near Shreveport on I-20 to the border just west of El Paso. You can travel ALL day and never get OUT of that state! (under HOS rules.) :hellno::lol2:

Texans are know for their "grit." I'll give them THAT! Because it TAKES alot of grit to live in the ugliest part of America and STILL have the bravado to claim "superiority." They never learned "humility." :roll: :lol2:

We are "in" Texas for the same reason we are "in" Iraq.... OIL! (and for geographical expedience.) Our military trains in Texas for deployment to the deserts of Iraq! Does THAT tell you something?

Okay GMAN.... Y'all can FIRE BACK now! I'm through trashing Tejas! :lol2::clap:

Old 07-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Texas is the only state to enter the U.S. by TREATY, instead of by annexation.

(This allows the Texas flag to fly at the same height as the US flag.)

NOT according to snopes.

snopes.com: High Flier

Sit DOWN, Young'un.... and quit spouting off everything you read on the internet. :roll:

:rofl::rofl:

Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Board Icon

Thank you for lumping all four of your responses together, golfhobo. It makes it easier for me to ignore them.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Texans are know for their "grit." I'll give them THAT! Because it TAKES alot of grit to live in the ugliest part of America and STILL have the bravado to claim "superiority." They never learned "humility." :roll: :lol2:

We are "in" Texas for the same reason we are "in" Iraq.... OIL! (and for geographical expedience.) Our military trains in Texas for deployment to the deserts of Iraq! Does THAT tell you something?

Okay GMAN.... Y'all can FIRE BACK now! I'm through trashing Tejas! :lol2::clap:

Texans take pride in their state. They sacrificed much to be free from tyranny. Just so you know, Texas is actually pretty fertile. They grow a lot of produce in the valley. By the way, that is in south Texas. Texas is one of the few states that can pretty much be self sufficient. They grow their own food, raise their own meat and drill their own oil. They also have their own military to defend themselves. In reality, the U.S. would sorely miss Texas should they actually decide to secede. :smokin:
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Thank you for lumping all four of your responses together, golfhobo. It makes it easier for me to ignore them.
That would have been more difficult for me thanks to the current software. But, I noticed that I CAN now quote and paste a single statement from a post. I thank IBADMIN for that. See... it WASN'T AOL software.... it was the SITE!

As for making YOUR job easier? Not really concerned. YOU took the job. Deal with it. By your OWN testimony, I am not one that you have to "watch" all the time. I push the envelope (according to you) but don't cross the lines. The only one that caused that problem is no longer here, so you don't REALLY have to "watch me" so closely. YOUR choice.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Board Icon

I didn't say it was for moderating purposes that I was ignoring your posts.:lol:
Old 07-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Board Icon

GMAN said:

Quote:
Texans take pride in their state.
AS THEY SHOULD! But, so do ALL Americans in any state!

Quote:
They sacrificed much to be free from tyranny.
Really? MORESO than the Colonialists did to win America's freedom from Britain? .... WITHOUT the help of Texans? In actuality, Texans would have LOST their fight for freedom without the help of other Americans.

Quote:
Just so you know, Texas is actually pretty fertile. They grow a lot of produce in the valley. By the way, that is in south Texas.
Well.... I've yet to make it to the McAllen area. I'm quite sure that, with the help of American funding for irrigation, they've made a garden down there. But.... that is NOT representative of West Texas. I lived for 4-5 years in Texas [ IN the fertile part ] and spent a few more months in training in different places. I know SAND when I see it!

Quote:
Texas is one of the few states that can pretty much be self sufficient.
More propaganda. No WONDER you like Palin so much. She says the same about Alaska! Any state, under the economies of 100 years ago could be self-sufficient. But, without a MARKET for your oil or your beef, you'd DROWN in the excess!

Quote:
They grow their own food, raise their own meat and drill their own oil.
Same as above. And please CHECK the state of registration on MOST oil companies in Texas. Where do you think the investment money came from to DRILL that oil? Even YOU must agree that the original Texans were poor by contrast. I'm quite SURE that they didn't find and exploit that oil on their own!

Quote:
They also have their own military to defend themselves.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They have nothing MORE than a "National Guard" like ALL OTHER states! They couldn't even defend their OWN territory without help from other states during their fight for "independence." There's not a STATE in this "UNION" that could defend itself against an invasion by a COUNTRY like Mexico or Canada.... or even a few states combined.... without HELP from the U.S. Military! THAT was one of the foremost reasons for the foundation of our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT..... that you so DESPISE!

Quote:
In reality, the U.S. would sorely miss Texas should they actually decide to secede. :smokin:
You don't GET IT, do you? You CAN'T "secede." A few Southern states tried that once, and they were beaten! YOU Texans "cast your lots" along time ago with America, and now.... like all of us... you are OWNED by it! We've invested TOO much into your infrastructure. We NEED the roadways that cross your barren state to effect interstate commerce with the West. We even get SOME of our oil from you. We don't REALLY "need" your Gulf water ports, we have OTHERS. But, we cannot allow such an expansive border with Mexico.... especially one accessible by SEA!

I wasn't around when we "purchased" Louisianna, or "entreated" with Mexico and the Republic of Texas to make them part of America. But, I'm quite sure that there were geographical concerns that ruled the decisions made. We did the same with Russia and Spain to get the REST of our country.... including Alaska! I believe they were smart decisions. We NOW have a country that is bordered on THREE parts MOSTLY by water, upon which we RULE (as Britain once did)

It should be evident by the fact that we invaded Europe by SEA, that such a "frontier" is the hardest to defend. We now control EVERY border with the SEA. And with the "purchase" or whatever of Alaska... we put at least the Bering Sea between us and Russia.

The expansion of our country, for the protection of its citizens, necessarily demanded an expansion of government AND the expense to maintain that security. I doubt that ANY of us would begrudge the cost of the greatest military in the World.... as long as it is DEFENSIVE and not "Imperialistic."

I believe it was COMMERCE and the treaties engaged in for that purpose that bogged us down. And WHO lobbies our Congress for such commercial protections and advantages? The OWNERS of those "big" businesses! Which brings us back to the REPUBLICAN party.... and their REAL "agenda." Which is the Class warfare we left England to defy!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I didn't say it was for moderating purposes that I was ignoring your posts.:lol:
Well... SOUNDS like a true point. But then.... if you were ignoring them... why did you read them and respond? :lol2:

Okay... dont' SAY it! I KNOW you didn't have to READ them in order to respond!

YOUR loss! Have a nice day, Rev! :thumbsup: