User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down TA Resturant

I guess they are now some sort of order as much as you want type of deal. I usually order the pork chop dinner and I would receive two healthy pieces of pork. Now they give 3 much smaller pieces and I guess you can just keep 'em coming.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
I guess they are now some sort of order as much as you want type of deal. I usually order the pork chop dinner and I would receive two healthy pieces of pork. Now they give 3 much smaller pieces and I guess you can just keep 'em coming.
Some locations have an All You Can Eat Menu, where everything on the menu is all you can eat, not just the Buffet.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member

and after my dinner I walk out into a nice sand storm...........

Old 07-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Board Regular

Not a bad deal. I really don't like TA(some of their restaurants are crap) but there is one on i 295 in nj exit 18, i think that really impressed me.I had a gggggggggoooooooodddddd stake and wanted to have another one ,but just couldn't fit it in:lol::lol::lol::lol:.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Board Icon

IMO, the "all you can eat" menu sucks. They seem to take their good sweet nature time bringing you food. I've had to wait upwards of 15 minutes between servings of something as simple as eggs and toast. And you can't order another serving until you've finished the first one. So it quickly becomes less "all you can eat" and more "all you can wait around for."
Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00m View Post
Not a bad deal. I really don't like TA(some of their restaurants are crap) but there is one on i 295 in nj exit 18, i think that really impressed me.I had a gggggggggoooooooodddddd stake and wanted to have another one ,but just couldn't fit it in:lol::lol::lol::lol:.
That restaurant caught fire and burned some years ago. Was shut down and rebuilt back then. I don't stop in there much because of the Idle-Aire in the lot.

The T/A at exit 26 of I-94 in IN is one that my wife and I waited 45 minutes for the waitress to come and take our order. We left and paid for a glass of milk and a cup of coffee. A couple of weeks later, I stopped in and the manager made the mistake of asking me how everything was... I TOLD HIM. I really don't think he wanted to hear what I had to say. But, I was honest. If you can afford 30 minutes to eat, and have to wait 45 just to have someone come back and take your order, you can not afford to stop and eat. Might as well close up the restaurant. I've been back there since, and they did seem to make an effort to improve the service.

And, if the place does not have a restaurant, I won't stop to fuel... I won't even slow down.