User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think your talking about the Quarles at Opal, VA Wind. It's actually 17 and 29 but yeah, that place seems to always be busy as it's the only real truck stop you will find if you come up 29 from say Lynchburg. Once you leave that town, there's not much that a truck can get pulled into. If your coming from 95, unless you can magically find a spot at the Hardee's, you again have no place for a truck until you get up to Opal to stop and eat. Servicetown was in a good location at the 133, last truck stop unless you could make it to Jessup, MD.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

If your heading north on 95 thats about it. The BBQ at Quarles on 29 is pretty good, I thought. That chrome shop is something else for sure.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Rookie

Been a while since I stopped at that J for breakfast..It was ok..Think I got something off the grill..You gotta come further south for some decent grub..Like the petro in SC(i95 ex 169) or the J in Brunswick,Ga
(ex 29)..or just stop at a waffle house..can't go wrong there..
Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
If your heading north on 95 thats about it. The BBQ at Quarles on 29 is pretty good, I thought. That chrome shop is something else for sure.
I've been wondering if their BBQ was any good. Last couple of weeks I was running 29 regularly. It's very hard to get me to stop but if the BBQ is good I might. I'm a BBQ fool.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Board Icon

Yes, try and plan a stop there Rosty and try that BBQ. Never heard a single complaint about it. The getting in and out of the lot is another story with the amount of traffic thru that area. Seen many a wreck there with trucks pulling out in front of traffic and not realizing just how fast those cars come flying thru there. There is a sandwich shop directly across from the Sheetz at the stoplight for 17 and 29, dad used to always stop there, said they made some great sandwich's. That was just over 10 years ago though.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Yes, try and plan a stop there Rosty and try that BBQ. Never heard a single complaint about it. The getting in and out of the lot is another story with the amount of traffic thru that area. Seen many a wreck there with trucks pulling out in front of traffic and not realizing just how fast those cars come flying thru there. There is a sandwich shop directly across from the Sheetz at the stoplight for 17 and 29, dad used to always stop there, said they made some great sandwich's. That was just over 10 years ago though.
ok, thanks. I'll look for that sandwich place also.