User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
I's training that week Dad. He's off to the left!

North in less than 30 days! North big time! All done on this end!

Passport will be here Thursday.....:thumbsup: AK residency issues already taken care of. Have to go to Anchorage from Valdez for HazMat recert. Not a problem........

I'm ready to see my first salmon run.............
LOL........Really.........Comon now! You didn't need the passport! It's still one of 50 states up there in Alaska.....until the "lefties" decide we "Hosed" Russia and give it back!

When that happens...we'uns expects the "Belpre" to start speakun Russka!!

Salmon and Halibut...that is what I expect you to serve....when an invitation arrives to visit!!! King crab too! None of them "Snow Crab" suckers...those are fer city folks!

I'll bring the lemon for the fish and crab......you provide the bear meat fer breakfast steak and eggs!! :rofl: :clap:
Old 07-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
I'll bring the lemon for the fish and crab......you provide the bear meat fer breakfast steak and eggs!! :rofl: :clap:
LOL Anytime Stan! I'm gonna find out real quick if I can still read a map.

This pic was taken last Friday in the backyard next door to my new home in AK.

Cute little guy. Definitely that clueless look on his face. I say we call him Golfhobo!?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
LOL Anytime Stan! I'm gonna find out real quick if I can still read a map.

This pic was taken last Friday in the backyard next door to my new home in AK.

Cute little guy. Definitely that clueless look on his face. I say we call him Golfhobo!?

Now thats what I'm talkin about!! Nothing better for the heart than fresh bear meat!! All natural you know!! :clap: :clap:

Little bit of salmon and halibut to go with it....hawg heaven dining!!

But what is with that "modular housing"??

You know them things are tornado bait....right?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(How long do ya suppose it would take a bear to get through the wall??)

That growling under the floor is gonna be Mamma and Pappa bear, gettting it on while HiberMating!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Eat enough of those crab-legs, and you'll REALLY be able to attach yourself to a rock while surf-casting:thumbsup:

Let's see... Moose burgers, Caribu steaks... But stay away from the seal blubber, very high in cholestrol. And, there's still some YELLOW GOLD left in some of them mountains up there.
Thanks WW! I know that I can sustain for at least a month or two if need be and just hobo around for a while before going back to work.

We used to pan for that "fools gold" over in WVA when growing up. Always a good time even though it was worth zero! LOL Maybe I'll get a chance to try my hand at the real stuff finally......

Heh heh, yeah at 45 years I gotta really watch that cholesterol/fat situation. Seems like yesterday that I could eat all of that stuff and not even pack a pound on...................

33 days now. Not like I'm counting or anything! LOL Short-timers calendar in use for sure........

Gary