User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A Conspiracy Theorist's

Dream come true!!

Homeland Security drone patrolling NNY - Newswatch50.com... We're Always On!

:hellno:
Old 06-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Kind of makes you wonder... WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG??? They could use it along the Mexican Boarder too.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Kind of makes you wonder... WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG??? They could use it along the Mexican Boarder too.
Now....I agree with using those things for "Border Patrol"! Maybe even arm them and shoot a few fools!

But that is where it should end...at patroling the BORDERS!!
Old 06-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The thing is whether we can trust them to ONLY use these along the border? Another concern is whether these could be used against U.S. citizens? The technology looks great. This would be an inexpensive and efficient way to patrol our borders.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Board Icon

Love your lead into that Stan. Will get the theory nuts all happy, then they read the story and it's a bust for them seeing as how it's only a 3 week test program. I agree, put them at the southern border moreso than the north but all in all, this could be a smart move to protect our borders. The drones can cover much more ground a day.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Actually, protecting the southern border would be far easier than even meets the eye.

When I was in Vietnam...we used these:

AN/PPS-5B Ground Surveillance Radar Set It was the AN/PPS-5A anti-personnel radar...range of 6 miles for personnel, and 10 miles for vehicles. The newer versions have more than double the range.

We literally sat on 1000 meters back from the Cambodian border on the Vietnamese side and controlled a sector with the radar.... it will pick up a lizard walking on the ground....

A few of these at the key entry points....and the border is closed.

In 1972 I was supposed to go to work for the Border Patrol...and run a team with these, but Nixon froze federal hiring....

But you gotta remember...."big business needs cheap labor", and until that changes....nothing is really going to change...issedoff:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Board Icon

They've been talking about this on CNN and Fox for awhile now, Sky! The cost savings is enormous over fence building and other methods.

Border Beat | Border Patrol debuts mobile surveillance system

For more related articles, check out my google results:

ground radar border patrol - Google Search=

I saw many of these (an advanced version) around the Imperial dunes area near Yuma for the last several years.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Board Regular

why not use it on the border between America and the Evil Empire "aka California"

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
They've been talking about this on CNN and Fox for awhile now, Sky! The cost savings is enormous over fence building and other methods.

Border Beat | Border Patrol debuts mobile surveillance system

For more related articles, check out my google results:

ground radar border patrol - Google Search=

I saw many of these (an advanced version) around the Imperial dunes area near Yuma for the last several years.
They've apparently made some strides in advancing the technology..... though the one unit looks tricky to "hide".... ours were hard to spot.

But one comment that struck me as odd....was this one:

The units have already been a deterrent, said Scioli. For the first months of the current fiscal year 2009 — beginning in Oct.1 through Jan.15 — apprehensions decreased by more than 10,000 people from the same period the previous year, agency figures show.

Does that mean that the "illegals" know its harder to get over, or does that mean that the BP is not that good at operating the radars? But then it may also have something to do with the state of the economy..... There have been articles in the paper about the Mexican authorities complaining about all of there people who are going back there and straining their infrastructure due to the lack of jobs here....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Board Icon

Get the war out of your mind, SkY! We're not TRYING to hide them! No incoming missiles to take us out (at least not YET!)

Yeah.... I got doubletaked on that SAME statistic. But, I think the point is that, it is so successfull, that the illegals are getting the word about it, and staying home.

I've heard some of the reports of the voluntry repatriation of illegals due to our economy. But, I BELIEVE the stats are from BEFORE our economy took a nose dive!

So, the point is that this CHEAP alternative is SO effective that it is reducing the numbers of illegals crossing the border in the area it is being used. They are caught almost IMMEDIATELY. As a result, many of them, when they see us coming, retreat and are never caught!

This is much better than the old system where we would find them 60 miles into America, out of water, and dying on the ground.

When I FIRST heard the article on Lou Dobbs.... the disparency in cost was AMAZING! Such a SIMPLE answer to such a complicated question! :roll:

I HOPE our new administration will LEARN from this and do the RATIONAL thing! It's NOT about a "cheap" labor force.... it's about National Security! WHY should Al Queida pay to have people learn to fly an airplane when they can just sneak them across our borders with dirty bombs?

You mentioned that you were "turned away" at some time when you tried to help. Most Vietnam Vets WERE! But, this is NOT your Daddy's Homeland Security Force / Border Patrol anymore. They NEED people like YOU! If you get tired of hauling hazmat.... look into it! You already HAVE the background clearance.... AND experience with the systems they are using!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.