-"Ya gotta blend into your environment, like a Ninja."

-"Where's the big, bad decepticon who wants his azz whipped!"

-"You'll see a lot of that in college too."

-"You dare point a weapon at me? I'll tear you to pieces!"

-"Yeah check that out.....Kung Fu grip!"

-"....in one day everything we've worked for will be lost."

-"I want your face!"

-"I rise.....You fall."

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I went with my youngest girl on Friday! We want to see it again. My son went with his cousin in Hobbs on Friday, too. My oldest girl hasn't seen it yet....that's as good of an excuse as any for us all to head back to see it!!

Humphry Davy
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Senior Board Member

I am taking my son to see it tonight. First time I went to see it was to make sure it was appropriate for a 5 year old. That and to just be able to have a date were it was just my Wife and I out without the kids.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Talking

:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Took my son to the first showing in IMAX on official release day and then again Monday (IMAX again), and were the first ones in the theater both times! Don't think I'll see this 5x in the theater like the first, but will definitely see it at least once more again. And then of course, once it's released on DVD.....

And what's so funny is all the critics who bashed it. Hmmmm..... $201,000,000 in the first five days speaks volumes (eclipsed only by "The Dark Knight" at $203,000,000)! Some people just can't think outside of the box that some of us simply want to see and enjoy a movie for the sheer pleasure of it, regardless if the storyline sux or because of what it depicts!!!

:lol2:

Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Default (SPOILERS) Revenge of The Fallen....

I loved it and will be seeing many more times!

Warning, SPOILERS BELOW if you still haven't seen it.......
-What surprised y'all the most? I knew about The Fallen and his background (though it was modified for the movie slightly), that Prime and Jetfire could/would combine (they did that in one of the many comic book story lines), and that Megs was coming back.

-I was not expecting Prime to die, even temporarily. But I thought it was a nice add to the story line and worked very well. I remember that very first showing when Megs stabbed through him and then literally blew his spark out, the entire theater was overcome by a very ominous "OH ****!" silent reaction. Definitely got everyone's attention!

-IMO you can tell that there was an effect from the writers' strike of the last year. Don't get me wrong, MB (Michael Bay) put out a definite winner for the fans with this, and I'm sure he will with the last one as well, but there was a definite aura that after Prime's death the story switched gears leading up to the final battle.

-Loved that we got more robots and less human attention, and the plot of Sam's discovery of the Cybertronian language and history was well done. Lennox and Eppes returning was great!

-Action sequences were excellent. Seems MB learned to slow down his up-close fighting and with less camera shaking. Good job!

-Loved how we finally got to see more of the traditional Megs and Starscream bickering! Wonder if in the final installment Starscream will get waxed by the Autobots (preferably by Ironhide or Sideways), or is Megs going to finally have grown tired of him and just waste him! lol

As for the characters:
-Loved how we finally got to see Optimus the way many of us have always wanted to; the decisive, assertive leader who is an absolute bad-azz fighter doing what he must in order to achieve his goal of protecting the human race from the Decepticons. I had no issues whatsoever and applaud showing him as they did, using methods some have called "cold", "brutal", and "unforgiving" in how he dealt with the Decpticon threat (read: kill/maim). The 3-on-1 fight as well as the Shanghai scene and of course, the final battle was excellent. Though his fight with Megs and The Fallen could've been a few minutes longer!!! Though I loved when he turned Megs's arm cannon back into his own face! Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!!!

-Revived Megatron was ab****ely what I expected... Much more evil and colder than in the first. Considering what he planned on doing to Sam should leave no doubts as to his intentions for the entire human race! Perfect!!! Though I did have a small issue with the whole "Master/Apprentice" thing going on with The Fallen (too closely related to Star Wars IMO), it does fit a little but would have been much better had they shown what happens from the novelization. That being where The Fallen has basically promised Megs that he will make him a Prime and then leading into the final battle informs him that that is only bestowed by lineage and cannot be given away. So in traditional Megatron (I serve nobody) fashion, when The Fallen is getting pwned by Optimus and calls for help Megs basically tells him to FOAD before retreating with Starscream!!! Also, loved how they used less effects on Hugo Weaving's voice and let him be more natural.

-Soundwave... We begged and pleaded for him, and MB and crew delivered (since his role in the first movie was filled partially between Blackout and Frenzy)! Loved how they depicted him as the satellite, gathering intel and helping direct operations. But eventually he's going to have to actually have to join the battle. Having Frank Welker reprise his voice was top-notch as well, even w/o the synthesizer added on. For those that don't know, he was the original cartoon Megatron and Soundwave (along with many others), and also does numerous voices for other cartoons; Dr. Claw on Inspector Gadget, Fred and Scooby on Scooby Doo, etc.

-The Fallen... I was hoping to see a lot more of him and showing why it takes a Prime to kill him since he's such a bad azz. Considering the way Optimus/Jetfire combo beat him so easily, it makes you wonder WTF?!

-Ravage... In one word, PERFECT! 'Nuff said. Too bad he was tore apart by Bumblebee in the climax! Naw, served him right. Hahahahahaha.

-Demolisher... Very well depicted in his brief appearance, and definitely wreaked havoc, death, and destruction in Shanghai. Can you imagine if Optimus wouldn't have disabled and subsequently killed him???

-Starscream... Loved the redo of his external appearance with all of the Cybertronian tatts, though I'm sure Megs was not impressed! Still done up right with being a great combatant and assistant. That is, until schitt starts going the other way.

-Sideways... Depicted perfectly. When he noticed that things weren't going well for his big buddy (Demolisher), he tried hauling azz. What did you expect, he's a courier and actually doesn't like fighting!

-Sideswipe... Need to see more of him. In addition to being a bad azz car, they did him right. A relentless hard-azz fighter who like getting in close and personal with his arm blades (sorry Sideways lol). Hope they show more in the next one.

-Arcee... Nicely done and didn't make her real "girlie". Just wish they would've shown her three components combining as in the novel.

-Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Ratchet... Carried over well from the first movie, though the latter two were given minimal screen time. Of course can't show Sam w/o 'Bee around! Loved when he damn near destroyed the house when dealing with the Kitchenbots, and also shutting the Twins up at the Tomb of The Primes!

-The Twins, Skids and Mudflap... Personally I liked them, though they could've toned them down a bit. Liked their young, take-on-anything attitude and never, ever thought I would've heard "Spongebob" cursing (Skids).

-Wheelie... Done much better than his cartoon creation from the original Transformers, The Movie in 1986 (yeah, I saw that in the theaters!). Would've been better w/o the leg humping scene on Mikela. Don't like however, how he just disappeared ala Barricade after they discovered the tomb.

-Alice (The Pretender)... That as a very nice transferal of this concept from the TF Universe to screen but I didn't think that it was done at the right time. Far too many people have no idea about this being in the TFU whatsoever and think it's merely a rip off of the Terminator series, though the "Pretenders" have been around since 1988 (between the original Terminator '84 and Terminator 2 Judgement Day '91)!

-Jetfire... Loved how they had him as the crotchety old geezer, Old English style! His brief battle scene was done well "Let me show you how we brought the pain back in my day!", though Skorponok fawked him up pretty good as well.

-Constructicons... Done very nicely. I personally like how they had the "clones" with the sole purpose of forming Devastator, as well as their actual robot modes for joining the battle. And loved the Decepticon head on the Mack bulldog! I've got to get me one of those!!!

-Devastator... Was exactly as I had heard about and imagined; a lumbering beast of carnage that should've had more involvement. Though since they focused primarily on his role being to gain easier access to the Sun Harvester he did well, and the merging sequence was awesome. I was expecting him to tear some Autobot azz apart, so disappointed there. Wait, he did get to suck up Mudflap for a few moments...

-Reedman... He was the Decepticon formed from the balls that Ravage "puked" down into the bunker where the remaining Allspark shard was located. Evil-looking!!! But what became of him after retrieving the shard and retreating with Ravage?

-Scalpel (The Doctor)... Man was he creepy, along with his little slime bot that went into Sam's head! Gonna make a safe presumption that he was killed when Optimus and crew rescued Sam.

-Grindor (Blackout copy)... Would love to have seen more of him, though I enjoyed what I got. Great that we got to see him go down down the way he did. Kick azz!

-Leo... Good comic relief at times. I think we've all known a "Leo" type sometime in our lives!

-Simmons... John Turturro reprising his role as the over-zealous, obsessed former Sector 7 agent was classic. Loved how he kept Frenzy's head as a souvenir, and I enjoyed that he actually got to take part in helping to actually save the world! "One man, alone, betrayed by the country he loves..."

-Sam's parents... Loved 'em. Especially with Ron (Dad) trying to be tough when Sam's leaving for college while his mom is losing it, and then at the end showing simple, raw emotion that he doesn't want to let go and that he has to protect his son at all costs, whereas Judy (Mom) seems to have a much better understanding of what is going on. Sorry, guess it's an (older) parent thing, since I've seen two children off from childhood, and now have a two more halfway there (10 and 11)...

:thumbsup:

Last edited by Cyanide; 07-09-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I’m with you on pretty much everything, Cyanide. Absolutely brutal special effects…blew my socks off. I agree that Bay doesn’t do well in slowing things down and for that movie, it works well. It’s non-stop from start to finish. But in doing so, you miss some things. I also lost track of the twins…when they were doing Devastator, the whole theatre was cheering. But then it switched back to other action scenes and the next thing you saw was Devastator climbing the pyramid and the twins are nowhere to be seen. Did I blink and miss something?

Fantastic movie, though. But I’m not sure it’s for younger kids at all. I saw a couple smaller kids crying after the movie and had a friend tell me that some kid absolutely went hysterical when Optimus went down during the showing that he saw.

5 stars, easy! :thumbsup:

Harry Potter next week! :bow:

Old 07-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

TF I agree with you as well on the smaller kids. My son was like is Optimus OK when he went down at first I was like he will be fine. Then when he came back he was like he IS HE IS. That was the reasoon why I went to see it BEFORE I took him to see it was to see if he could handle it. Then I remembered that he loves Star Wars and has watched them all including Episode 3 were Darth Vader rises so that was nothing.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Board Icon

I will be the dissenting view, apparently. I didn't care for it. The entire movie felt like it had attention deficit disorder, and I wanted to throw Ritalin at the screen in hopes that it would slow down for a little bit and actually give me some story line, as opposed to just one gigantic action scene.

A friend of mine asked me what I thought of the movie after it was done, because she had heard that there was no plot. I told her, "There is definitely a plot. The plot is, a whole ton of Transformers fight. The end."
Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I will be the dissenting view, apparently. I didn't care for it. The entire movie felt like it had attention deficit disorder, and I wanted to throw Ritalin at the screen in hopes that it would slow down for a little bit and actually give me some story line, as opposed to just one gigantic action scene.

A friend of mine asked me what I thought of the movie after it was done, because she had heard that there was no plot. I told her, "There is definitely a plot. The plot is, a whole ton of Transformers fight. The end."

Rev,this reminds me of something a friend of mine posted on Facebook the other day.
He said "When Michael Bay has nothing to say,he says it louder" lol That seems to pretty much agree with what you are saying.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbomber3.0 View Post
Rev,this reminds me of something a friend of mine posted on Facebook the other day.
He said "When Michael Bay has nothing to say,he says it louder" lol That seems to pretty much agree with what you are saying.
That's a great way of putting it, and if that is the case, he was SCREAMING while making this film. Sure, it was fun to look at, but it lacked any sort of substance whatsoever. Never before have I seen a 2 1/2 hour movie which said absolutely nothing.