User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What a bad week

Well Monday i went into work to find my truck was dead. So i had to go into the shop and get the battery charger out to get it going. I put the trolley brake on Friday and the brake lights stay on all weekend.

Tuesday I got into work and locked my keys in my pickup at 530am. My shop keys were in my truck as well. So i couldn't get into the shop or nothing. I was there by my self. I had to wait around 1 hour for the other driver to show up to let me in.

Today. Bossman called me and told me to get 18ton of TOP (type of blacktop.) To take up to are abington job. Well for the past 2 weeks i have been hauling binder(another type of blacktop) up to that job. When he called all i hared was 18ton. I didn't hear the TOP part. So i went to the job with 18ton of binder on. Bossman was not to happy. I was the only truck on the job and he had about 5 labors standing around with nothing to do since i had binder on the truck. He called up the other driver and he got the right blacktop. I had to go back to the yard and dump off the 18ton. Binder is about 42dollars a ton. (756.00 bucks wasted.) Plus the 5 labors were getting paid 23/hr (union labor) for about 2 hours waiting for the other truck to get there. I cost the company a good amount of money today.

Why did i even go to work this week.:banghead:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Sorry to hear that Mackman.

Last week I had to load in Chambursburg, PA to take to Fredericksburg, VA. then reload in Fredericksburg to come home. The load required a tarp if it was raining. It was raining :angryblue: Well the lock (the one on the bottom handle that you turn to open the box) had broken and was stuck in the locked position. It cost me an hour and a half, then after I got the box open and the load tarped, the girls in the office were out to lunch so I had to wait another half hour to get my bills. I didn't get home till 9pm that day. Trucking........gotta love it! :lol:

My recommendation to you...... At the end of the week..... drink heavily
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Well Monday i went into work to find my truck was dead. So i had to go into the shop and get the battery charger out to get it going. I put the trolley brake on Friday and the brake lights stay on all weekend.

Tuesday I got into work and locked my keys in my pickup at 530am. My shop keys were in my truck as well. So i couldn't get into the shop or nothing. I was there by my self. I had to wait around 1 hour for the other driver to show up to let me in.

Today. Bossman called me and told me to get 18ton of TOP (type of blacktop.) To take up to are abington job. Well for the past 2 weeks i have been hauling binder(another type of blacktop) up to that job. When he called all i hared was 18ton. I didn't hear the TOP part. So i went to the job with 18ton of binder on. Bossman was not to happy. I was the only truck on the job and he had about 5 labors standing around with nothing to do since i had binder on the truck. He called up the other driver and he got the right blacktop. I had to go back to the yard and dump off the 18ton. Binder is about 42dollars a ton. (756.00 bucks wasted.) Plus the 5 labors were getting paid 23/hr (union labor) for about 2 hours waiting for the other truck to get there. I cost the company a good amount of money today.

Why did i even go to work this week.:banghead:
Well, be careful,,,,, you still have two days to go.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member
Default You're having a good week . .

. . this guy is having a bad week:

TheCabin.net ·· Tractor trailer rig drives into Beaverfork 06/17/09

Nothing beats a cold drink and a refreshing swim on a hot day.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

If I send you two dollars will you run to Walmart and get a spare key made for your truck? When I get a new vehicle the first thing I do is get a spare key made. I have 3 spares for my semi. One hangs in the office, one is zip tied under the hood and one in my pickup.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
If I send you two dollars will you run to Walmart and get a spare key made for your truck? When I get a new vehicle the first thing I do is get a spare key made. I have 3 spares for my semi. One hangs in the office, one is zip tied under the hood and one in my pickup.
I had a spare key made for my pick-up. I locked my keys in my truck in state college pa. About 3 hours away from home. I had to throw a rock threw the window to get in.. After that i had one of them little black box's with the magnet on the frame. Well my truck is a F-350 so it rides real ruff. I went off roading about 3 months ago and i think the box came off. Cuz i went for it and it wasn't there. Now i have a key zip tied.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
. . this guy is having a bad week:

TheCabin.net ·· Tractor trailer rig drives into Beaverfork 06/17/09

Nothing beats a cold drink and a refreshing swim on a hot day.
What is funny after all this. I said to my boss this has been the week from hell. HE said it cant get any worse. I told him not to say that. The next call might be me calling him to tell him his truck is in the ditch. It can always get worse.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
What is funny after all this. I said to my boss this has been the week from hell. HE said it cant get any worse. I told him not to say that. The next call might be me calling him to tell him his truck is in the ditch. It can always get worse.
yeah, it could be worse. the next thing you hear is the phone ringing. you answer and it's your boss telling you that you've been replaced by somebody named pedro, and that he'll be paid much less than you, and saving the company more money that way.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Mackman don't feel to bad about what you cost the company it could have been worse.
We had a driver here drop 8800 gallons of ULSD into a regular tank, that mistake cost the company over $25,000.. and the driver his job as it was his second time mixing cocktails. All because his mind was else where and he did not follow his procedure.. Yellow = diesel and white = Regular...
It can happen to anyone at anytime.....

Timberwolf
Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I had to throw a rock threw the window to get in
I had an F-150 once and locked my keys in it. So I busted out the smallest window I could, the wing window, turned out to be the most expensive window in the truck. Glass guy said "man you should have busted out the rear window (which was solid) I could have have put in a tinted rear slider for 60.00"

Son of a .......... issedoff: