User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Graphic Audio stories?

Okay I've tried the traditional audio book and listening to 1 actor read a book is boring IMO. Also it could be that listening to one person play multiple parts seems weird to me. Yes some of them can change their speech and accent quite well but still don't care for it.

I have been tempted to try one of those Graphic Audio stories though because they're supposed be more like a radio play then just people sitting there reading a book to you. They have a cast instead of just 1 person.

Just wondered if anyone had tried them. I keep trying different things to pass the time while on the road. I've got XM radio of course and also roaming Itunes for decent free podcasts.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Board Icon

Why not just turn the CB on and listen to Sesame Street??

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videodrome View Post
Okay I've tried the traditional audio book and listening to 1 actor read a book is boring IMO. Also it could be that listening to one person play multiple parts seems weird to me. Yes some of them can change their speech and accent quite well but still don't care for it.

I have been tempted to try one of those Graphic Audio stories though because they're supposed be more like a radio play then just people sitting there reading a book to you. They have a cast instead of just 1 person.

Just wondered if anyone had tried them. I keep trying different things to pass the time while on the road. I've got XM radio of course and also roaming Itunes for decent free podcasts.
I buy the Graphic Audio(graphicaudio.net) books all the time, they are excellent, depending on the type of books you like to read or listen to. They're around $12 to download each book.

They also have downloading from their website, but you have to be able to convert from a VMA file to an audio file your ipod can read, but those are readily available. The one I use is called Protected Music Converter. It does a very good job at converting VMA files to MP3.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Rookie

I don't have an Ipod just my laptop which usually sits on my passenger seat because it's also my GPS. My truck has a tape deck so I just have a cassette adapter I plug into the laptop's headphones jack.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videodrome View Post
I don't have an Ipod just my laptop which usually sits on my passenger seat because it's also my GPS. My truck has a tape deck so I just have a cassette adapter I plug into the laptop's headphones jack.
Well there ya go! VMA files play real well in the Windows Media Player, just download the book & play away.

I don't take my laptop on the road with me...there's no internet or phone service, for that matter, where I run, so no point. I have an iTrip for my iPod so it plays through my truck stereo, works great!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"