Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Recent letter to the President

Quote:
Dear Mr. President:

Centuries ago, it was said:

"Destroy the cities and they will rebuild them.
But, destroy the farms and grass will grow in the streets of the cities."

That can be updated to our day and our problem.

For every one person that is able to donate $100,000 to the Republican Party,
Or $2oo,ooo to the Democrats,
There are, perhaps, 10,000 of us that must actually look carefully to see if we can afford to
donate $1.00 to the Presidential Campaign on our tax return.

Economic experts are saying that we must start spending our money to turn the economy around,
but they are not telling us where to get that money. "People aren't saving their money, they're building
financial bomg shelters". I wish I had one. But where I made $47,000 in a year, fifteen years ago,
last year was less than $30,000. Looking at the effects of inflation over the last fifteen years, I'd be
far better off if I were on a fixed income all that time. This year is promising to be even less.
I have nothing to do for the fifth week this year, due to the economy. The money to save just
isn't there, much less to build a financial bomb shelter. The fact is, that Corporate America has
been far too focused on "corporate salaries", "executive bonuses", and "golden parachutes". But,
for more than the last ten years, far too many of us have not even heard of a "cost-of-living-raise".
That means, living on a "fixed-income", while our expenses have been steadily climbing. And, I would
suggest that ENERGY and FOOD be included in that cost of living equation. The last stimulus package
has done nearly nothing for the downward slide of the economy because the majority of it was left at
gas stations and the grocery stores. I don't expect the current one to do any better.

The high-speed rail system between L.A. and Vegas will bring the steel rails in from Japan, the cars will
be put together in Mexico, the railroad ties shipped in from Canada, and the labor provided by illegal aliens.
And, America's Benefit???

So, to bring that ancient quote up to date:

"Destroy the blue-collar worker (forget all about "middle-class". Look at the "Blue-Collar Worker" as the group.
Anyone who's job gives them dirt under their fingernails.),
And, grass will grow in the executive offices".

That's what has been going on, and the bill has come due.

Sincerely,
A guy after my own heart. But... He could have said a bit more.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
A guy after my own heart. But... He could have said a bit more.
Or been more accurate!

Quote:
For every one person that is able to donate $100,000 to the Republican Party,
Or $2oo,ooo to the Democrats,
These amounts are NOT ALLOWED...BY LAW. the O.P. is an idiot! (not YOU, WW.... the one who created this stupid email!)

Quote:
There are, perhaps, 10,000 of us that must actually look carefully to see if we can afford to
donate $1.00 to the Presidential Campaign on our tax return.
Too STUPID to tie HER shoes! The $3.00 "allocation" block on the tax return, just "allocates three dollars of your tax payment to that particular party's GOVERNMENT funding for their campaign. It's like "personal pork!"

It doesn't COST you a SINGLE friggin dollar! :hellno:

It's NO WONDER that our country is in the shape it's in! Our citizens are too stupid to even understand campaign laws OR the "donation" block on the tax form! :hellno:

Jesus, friggin Christ get me off this planet! There's no intelligent LIFE down here! :hellno::moon::lol2:

Except on CAD.... of course!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 05-05-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Or been more accurate!

These amounts are NOT ALLOWED...BY LAW. the O.P. is an idiot! (not YOU, WW.... the one who created this stupid email!)
May not be allowed by law today, but not all that long ago, the Republican party had "THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE". Membership was $100,000 donated to the party. The POOR MAN'S PARTY, the Democrats, required $200,000 for you to join the "TWO-HUNDRED CLUB". In each case, it gave you a seat on "THE PLATFORM COMMITTEE".

For that matter, the author did not state that people WERE donating that much, only stating that they could AFFORD TO DONATE that much.

Quote:
Too STUPID to tie HER shoes! The $3.00 "allocation" block on the tax return, just "allocates three dollars of your tax payment to that particular party's GOVERNMENT funding for their campaign. It's like "personal pork!"

It doesn't COST you a SINGLE friggin dollar! :hellno:

It's NO WONDER that our country is in the shape it's in! Our citizens are too stupid to even understand campaign laws OR the "donation" block on the tax form! :hellno:
And, if you've ever watched the show "STREET SMARTS" on TV, you would find it impossible to believe that they have even survived long enough to reach the age they were at. I also do not know that the "10,000 to 1" ratio is accurate either. But, the point behind the letter is a lot of what I've been saying for a long time. There were some bad loans made, but I believe there were far more that simply went bad because of the poor decisions by management with regard to employee wages. I know what kind of KICK IN THE PANTS my own finances got when my wife was diagnosed with cancer. The surgery was done with Blue Cross coverage, and a $3000 annual cap on our cost. But the radiation and chemo was done after the company switched to Humana, and while 80% across the board doesn't sound that bad, all the items that were not covered by the policy really added up in a very short time. The annual cap from Blue Cross was sorely missed for a long time. I'm now married to a "$60,000 woman". (Actually, it was more than that.)

No, not everyone was faced with a catostrophic illness, but without any cost-of-living raises, it's not that hard to understand all the foreclosures going on, even now. The financial commitments were made when times were better. At the time, the stats looked far better than they do now. So, the context of the letter may be far more accurate than you give it credit for.

Quote:
Jesus, friggin Christ get me off this planet! There's no intelligent LIFE down here! :hellno::moon::lol2:

Except on CAD.... of course!
appology excepted...:smokin: