LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
  • Proposed the largest budget in U.S. history;
Great way to fix the deficit, make it bigger!
Quote:
  • Suggested $1.4 trillion in new taxes over the next decade;
Great way to help Americans get out of debt, take even more of their money!
Quote:
  • Released highly confidential CIA memos detailing strategies used that produced timely intelligence and thwarted further deadly terrorist attacks;
  • Proposed cutting missile defense by $1.4 billion just days after North Korea tested a long-range missile.
Great way to protect the security of our country, letting everyone know the secrets and removing our defenses!

Wow what a wonderful President! Of course I never expected anything less from the beginning anyway!

Before he was elected, everyone thought I was just being racist when I tried to state my opinion of him as a possible president, which was ludicrous because none of my opinions had anything to do with that, but the funny thing is for those people that thought I was against him because of color, are the ones that supported him solely on that fact! The American people so desperately wanted something new and different, but never looked past the appearance of the man to see what he is about. Sadly the majority of the population have no clue or even care about how the system works!

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Senior Board Member

You said it so well Met. I know people (2) that voted for him just to prove there not racists! That's a great reason huh? I hope he does well but I think he's going down the wrong path. I believe we should be:

Tax cuts= building a strong economy

Cut spending- start with waste and duplicate services and go from there

Cut the welfare rolls= no explanation needed

Do away with capitol gains tax=more incentive to invest and puts money back in circulation

short and simple
Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post

Oh, and BTW.... the one that got the MOST criticism was the one about "surprised, humbled, enchanted and troubled." And I thought his answer to that was the most inspired of the night.
This question was one of the biggest wastes of air time in the history or presidential news conferences but was exactly the kind of question I expect big Obama fans to love because it allows him to speak and sound thoughtful and human without causing him to have to actually speak on a real issue. I could not belive when watching that that a reporter gets a chance to directly ask the most powerfel leader in the world a question and he asks the president of the U.S. what has enchanted him? What the hell is that all about. The only thing that question was good for was taking up 5 minutes out of the hour away from the important stuff.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Senior Board Member

if you don't worship obama, then you are a RACIST and a non-believer. he is the f'ing messiah. you MUST bow down to him and accept his word as the gospel itself! :rofl:
Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
I don't get it.. people always have something slick to say about Obama but if McClain was president people still would be bitch'in.. i mean he basically the same polices as Bush.. am i wrong??

p.s this is not directed at anybody in particular
Fact is, it's not the President himself, but the caliber of the advisors. They are virtually all the same caliber from one administration to the next.
"People are not saving their money... THEY'RE BUILDING FINANCIAL BOMB SHELTERS".
I'd like to know just what people this guy is talking about. Sure, people have to start spending money in order to turn the economy around, but... In order to do that, they have to have the money first, in order to be able to spend it.

Centuries ago, it was said:
"Destroy the cities and they will rebuild them...
Destroy the farms and grass will grow in the streets of the cities."

Now, apply that to our day... "Destroy the blue-collar worker and grass will grow in the executive offices".

Obama's stimulus package is reaching the executive offices, but not the blue-collar worker. It won't do any more than the last $154 Billion, which has yet to come due to the tax payers. Because the exonomic experts have not gotten a handle on it, I'm afraid Obama won't do any better than the last administration. And, the executive offices are still far too well focused on executive salaries, executive bonuses, and golden parachutes to be of a mind to do any good. Look at AIG... Send the exec's to an exclusive resort, give out executive bonuses... That's doing a fantastic job for the economy.

Oh, Mr. President... Can I have some federal funds to visit Hawaii??? Please???

Old 05-02-2009, 03:50 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I have plenty to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
But, to keep from falling into the same pit that O'Reilly accused HIM of.... keep your points short and simple.

I guess what you expect of everyone else doesn't apply to you, huh? But then again, you've never been able to keep your points short and simple.
Okay, ya GOT me there! :clap:

I was in a hurry. Actually, I guess I meant that I had alot to say about how Fox has been dumping on him. As for those HERE who have been doing so.... I've seem most of what they say and feel, and I just wanted to be able to "debate" their major points of contention without being overwhelmed by too much propaganda.

So far, I am pleased with how the responses have gone. As for when I get around to posting on this thread...well.... it IS my thread, so I can talk as much as I want. :lol2:

To be honest? I was about to delete the thread. But, I think I'll leave it and see where it goes.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
To be honest? I was about to delete the thread. But, I think I'll leave it and see where it goes.
Can we go towards Line 5?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Board Regular

I sure hope that Obama will take this country into a new direction from what it has been.But the leftist people that are around him just plainly scares me.The napoletano memos for ex veterans that would do terrorist acts just infuriated me,along with other concerns for the rights of some miserable people that would cut our head off in a heart beat.