User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

^^^^ HAHAHA lmao. he will probably get a few years behind bars lol.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Man was I disappointed with this link. Not your fault, Dobry.... but.... I heard Sheppard Smith giving the play by play, also helped by the helicopter pilot, for most of the chase. It was pretty cool. I can't believe they only showed the last few seconds of the "chase."

And that "article" was atrocious! Not ONLY do reporters not know what they are talking about these days (tractor-TRAILER) but, they didn't mention anything about how they ripped his tires off during the chase, etc!

Now... someone explain to me why the Owner jumped off when the truck was about to come to a stop?? :hellno:

Looks like that was a USXpress daycab....so I seriously doubt the driver on the back was the owner. Seriously. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Looks like that was a USXpress daycab....so I seriously doubt the driver on the back was the owner. Seriously. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yeah, sorry. I was still in the mindframe from the play by play that Shep did on Fox. HE kept callnig him the "owner," (after getting some clarification to such in his ear,) and I had a picture of an O/O saying.... "Oh HELL No.... you ain't takin MY truck!"

Dobry.... as for jumping off when it finally slowed down... Any fool could figure out that in two more seconds it was gonna be at a full stop. The guy almost crushed his own skull on the pavement with that "backflip dismount!"

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
I never thought of that. Even Sheppard Smith said that the guy on the back was the owner. How funny.
Well, wait a minute. A friend of mine owns a couple of Petes. He drives them. So, you know...who knows.

:rofl:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

First of all, if some guy were to try to take my truck, I'd want to be able to tell the cops where he was with a cell phone. What better way to do that then from the back of the cab... Since I could not get inisde.

I can't imagine the cops shooting the tires out while someone is riding on the back. The outside one sure looks shredded. Maybe the guy ran over something when the cops gave chase.

As for jumping off before it comes to a stop, if he was on the cell phone, he may have been instructed to do just that when it slowed down. With all those weapons drawn, it seemed likely that some lead might fly. If it's addressed to someone else, not to worry. If it's addressed to me, it's going to find me anyhow. But the ones addressed "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" are just a bit worrysome. I'd like to be out of their way.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
I can't imagine the cops shooting the tires out while someone is riding on the back. The outside one sure looks shredded. Maybe the guy ran over something when the cops gave chase.
Shep said both front tires were down to the rims. He was "told" that the cops put out the spike strips.

If the cops told him to jump, and he was injured, he'd have a lawsuit. I doubt they did so.

If, indeed, it was a company truck? I'd have just "phoned it in" and started looking forward to my NEW truck. LOL.

Funny thing: The way Shep was telling it...and CALLING it a T/T.... I pictured this guy standing on the DOT bar and holding on to the door bars! Riding on the catwalk was a piece of cake!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:08 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Funny thing: The way Shep was telling it...and CALLING it a T/T.... I pictured this guy standing on the DOT bar and holding on to the door bars! Riding on the catwalk was a piece of cake!
My mind was running 100 miles an hour, trying to picture the whole thing when I was listening to Shep tell the story. I thought, "my gosh! How can they see the driver, if he is on the back of the truck? Is he standing on the step on the fuel tank? Or is he inside of his trailer with one door open??" It was the funniest thing after I saw the clip. I thought, "Where's the trailer??"

http://watsonsysco.com/