User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Really bummed out

Well the O/O I am driving for is about to lease his truck on with someone else because he just isn't getting enough money from the current company he is leased on to. Well now they will not qualify me, but he is going to lease on to them anyway. So now I am about to be stuck. I spent all that time trying to get back on the road, finally did and now this ****, I am really pissed, depressed, and upset. The agent he is leasing on with is trying to get them to qualify me anyway, and says he might have a few alternate ideas for me if they don't, but it doesn't look good. I am so pissed off. In the process of trying to get qualified for this company he is leasing on to, I found out that 1: My MVR is completely spotless, 2: My DAC is completely spotless, 3: Even their insurance says I am spotless (I new this anyway from the guy I am driving for now), the only reason they will not hire me is because I ADMITTED to the accident I had at swift, even though they cannot find any evidence of it other then that I admitted it. This really pisses me off. I am ready to take this truck and drive it into a lake, well no I won't do that but I want to right now.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 04-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

That just stinks, Matcat :tears:...I hope another door opens for you. And better opportunities come out of this. :thumbsup:
Old 04-24-2009, 03:35 AM

What she said. If I hear of anything I'll shoot you a PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

that stinks. if you need an inspirational video to watch in this time of turmoil. i suggest checking out free to be....you and me. it's okay to cry.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Come on Matcat, Lets turn that frown upside down. Into every life a little rain must fall.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I am a very optimistic person, and I do firmly believe things will always ultimately work out, but it is the interim I worry about. I really don't have a 'home' to go to, I live out of the truck. Even if I have to layover for a while to find something else, I am stuck in a bad situation. With a few months now of safe driving it will be easier for me to find something sure, but still not that easy, there are drivers with YEARS of experience and an awesome resume that can't find a job.

But this time I know for a fact insurance wise I am insurable, I know my actual MVR and DAC are spotless, and I have an employer that will have nothing but good things to say, but I need to find something in the next few days! I am getting a load tomorrow to take this trailer back to the company it belongs too, then a load to NC where the agent that is leasing the truck will take it. So I don't have much time. The agent himself was suppost to talk to the person that disqualified me today and try to change their minds, considering I won't even be a company driver but driving a leased on truck, plus the agent says he knows other places I could go if he can't get them to change their minds. I called that safety manager 10 times a day for the last few days, I faxed this, that, emailed this and that, got her to reconsider twice already! But she still came back to saying no. I have already begun looking for some smaller companies and O/O's but prospects look grim.

It sucks because I have not lied to anyone about my accident, I have been completely upfront, but even with PROOF that the insurance companies will still cover me, they still don't care. How I managed to NOT get that accident all over my MVR and DAC is beyond me, it SHOULD be there, but it is not, so because of it the insurance companies see my record as spotless. I think partially because swift is self insured, I guess their insurance doesn't talk to everyone else. Also they never put ANYTHING on my dac, not even that I worked for them. This company got to the bottom of it though, DAC had my info mixed up with someone elses, so no one could of put anything on it anyway because of the info mismatch, but they did straighten it out for me, had to fax DAC my D/L and SSC, and it was fixed, so it shows completely clean with nothing on it at all. As far as my MVR goes, I have no clue WHY it doesn't show the accident. I am thinking partially because PA doesn't communicate well with other DMV's, so Virginia probably never reported it to PA.

At either rate I still won't lie about it, and as much as I hate to lie about it, I am really considering finding a small company and just not informing them of swift at all. I know it is wrong and unethical, but I am running out of choices. I also found out from this company that most companies wont even bother verifying with swift because they charge to do it, part of her second reconsideration was that I get the verification from swift and forward it to them since they refused to pay for it, which I did, it included Drug and Alcohol Report, and Employment Report. All of which I forwarded to them. What was interesting to me, is Swift has my rehire classified as 'Upon Review'.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 AM

I hope everything works out for ya, man. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member

hey matcat.....how long have you been driving? do you have 2 yrs OTR?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Man, it really sucks to be out of a job plus no where to really go because of it. But there are driving jobs out there. They are probably not the positions you most desire, but they are out there.

I would check for current driving jobs on craiglist.com.

Good luck, I am sure things will turn around for you. :thumbsup:

Last edited by Creek Jackson; 04-24-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: I like to edit!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
I am a very optimistic person, and I do firmly believe things will always ultimately work out, but it is the interim I worry about. I really don't have a 'home' to go to, I live out of the truck. Even if I have to layover for a while to find something else, I am stuck in a bad situation. With a few months now of safe driving it will be easier for me to find something sure, but still not that easy, there are drivers with YEARS of experience and an awesome resume that can't find a job.

But this time I know for a fact insurance wise I am insurable, I know my actual MVR and DAC are spotless, and I have an employer that will have nothing but good things to say, but I need to find something in the next few days! I am getting a load tomorrow to take this trailer back to the company it belongs too, then a load to NC where the agent that is leasing the truck will take it. So I don't have much time. The agent himself was suppost to talk to the person that disqualified me today and try to change their minds, considering I won't even be a company driver but driving a leased on truck, plus the agent says he knows other places I could go if he can't get them to change their minds. I called that safety manager 10 times a day for the last few days, I faxed this, that, emailed this and that, got her to reconsider twice already! But she still came back to saying no. I have already begun looking for some smaller companies and O/O's but prospects look grim.

It sucks because I have not lied to anyone about my accident, I have been completely upfront, but even with PROOF that the insurance companies will still cover me, they still don't care. How I managed to NOT get that accident all over my MVR and DAC is beyond me, it SHOULD be there, but it is not, so because of it the insurance companies see my record as spotless. I think partially because swift is self insured, I guess their insurance doesn't talk to everyone else. Also they never put ANYTHING on my dac, not even that I worked for them. This company got to the bottom of it though, DAC had my info mixed up with someone elses, so no one could of put anything on it anyway because of the info mismatch, but they did straighten it out for me, had to fax DAC my D/L and SSC, and it was fixed, so it shows completely clean with nothing on it at all. As far as my MVR goes, I have no clue WHY it doesn't show the accident. I am thinking partially because PA doesn't communicate well with other DMV's, so Virginia probably never reported it to PA.

At either rate I still won't lie about it, and as much as I hate to lie about it, I am really considering finding a small company and just not informing them of swift at all. I know it is wrong and unethical, but I am running out of choices. I also found out from this company that most companies wont even bother verifying with swift because they charge to do it, part of her second reconsideration was that I get the verification from swift and forward it to them since they refused to pay for it, which I did, it included Drug and Alcohol Report, and Employment Report. All of which I forwarded to them. What was interesting to me, is Swift has my rehire classified as 'Upon Review'.
i'm sure there are others...hope this helps...BOL 2 ya..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Class A Driver

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show