User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey,no smokes for 3 weeks. I can go up and down those stairs fine now. Of course the extra 20 lbs in 3 weeks don't help.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Hey,no smokes for 3 weeks. I can go up and down those stairs fine now. Of course the extra 20 lbs in 3 weeks don't help.
3 WEEKS without a smoke........................................I'm shocked the world is still turning.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Well,you know the jails are non smoking now.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Board Regular

That must be a nice job for a trucker:thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Default Update Sun April 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00m View Post
That must be a nice job for a trucker:thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!
Yup b00m it beats the heck out of working for a living.

Sun April 19th Update:
Well last weekend went pretty good in Midland, TX at Midessa Motorcycles for their annual open house. The wind blew like h*ll and there was a threat of rain all day Saturday but luckily the rain held off till after the event was over. I don't know how many people actually showed up but they served 178 hamburgers. I didn't have to do the full setup with the awning/floor/walls so it was a pretty easy show, just unload 24 bikes into the parking lot then answer questions all day. I finished packing up about 5:30 then I went into town with some people from the dealership for dinner. It started raining just as we finished eating then on the way back to the dealership it started to hail. We were in a brand spanking new Toyota Tundra 4 door and the hail was between golfball and baseball size so needless to say the Toyota looked like a golfball itself when we got back to the shop. Luckily I had turned the truck aroud to load so it took the hail in the tailgate which is 3/16" stainless so no visible damage. The roof of my trailer on the other hand looks like the surface of the moon, still waiting on Featherlite for the estimate but their guessing somewhere around $8500.

Anyhow I left Midland about 8:30pm Saturday night and made it to the Hampton Inn in Weatherford about 1:00am Sunday morning. I left there at 9:00 and headed to Strokers Ice house then home sweet home.

Spent the week getting a few things taken care of on my trailer and working on my crotch rocket then loaded another show load Friday afternoon. Left home yesterday and made it to the Hampton Inn in Tucumcari for the night and today I made it to the Hampton Inn (beginning to see a pattern - I love their beds) in Kingman, AZ where I'm now at for the night. I'll head over to Laughlin, NV to the Colorado Belle tomorrow morning then begin setting up for the River Run. The rally runs Wednesday through Saturday then I'm off to Newport Beach to deliver a bike to Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider Movie) to ride for a few months.

Once I get the bike delivered to Dennis I'm headed back to Tulsa, OK for Iron Lightnings Party in the Parking Lot then off to Hooters in North Myrtle Beach, SC for two weeks of chaos before Memorial Day weekend at the lake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hail_sm.jpg (83.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Great posts Catalina! You are indeed living the life!

It definitely shows in your marked change in personality since your return to where you belong. (Beach, ND....never again I'm sure) Sounds like one adventure after another. Good for you! I just hope that at least one of these monkeys on here read your posts and realize that there is so much much more out there in the trucking industry than running coolie carrier freight from A to B.

BTW, when are you coming by Indy with Paige and Ashley? LOL Beer will be ice cold and the steaks thick and juicy.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 AM

Thanks Belpre:
I don't know about "living the life" and all that but it beats the h*ll out of working for a living :lol: As for others reading my posts, I'm just answering ahead. Every time I turn the radio on or stop in a truck stop I get hammered with questions about the bikes, the job, if we are hiring and "how can I get a job like that". The money is way better than the average Mega carrier but not as good as specialized except - I eat 3 meals a day that don't come out of my pocket and I sleep in a nice motel every night AND I only work as hard as I want to, I'm not having to cram miles into my day just to make a check, I get a salary so I get the same check every two weeks regardless of ow much I drive. Here's the catch, I will be outside in 100 degree heat today and tomorrow setting up then working the show from 10:00 to 10:00 the next 4 days (which actually translates into 9:00 am till about 1:00 am).

A lot of the people back at the factory think that we just go out to these big rallys and get to run around and party till they have to go work one for a week then they never ask again. They come in at 7:00 and go home at 3:30 Mon - Fri so when they go to a show and have to work a few 14 hour days over a weekend and realize we don't get to go party (very much) they have a whole different opinion. In fact one of them that has been pretty vocal the last couple of months is flying in on Wednesday morning and will be spending 5 days at the truck in the 100 degree heat plus having to help me tear down on Sunday then get on a plane to fly home all hot a sweaty. The up side though, we do get to drink beer while at work as long as we don't let it become a problem. Even the owner of the company will stop by from time to time a drink a cold one with us.

As for coming through Indy, I pass through there a few times a year and in fact we do a show there the end of January every year. I doubt that my wife would be to impressed if I was hauling Paige and Ashley around with me though, they were just local Scottsdale girls who were hanging around the truck that night trying to get some free beer and a ride on the bikes.

I finally got a new phone that has a camera (as well as everything else I never imagined a phone could do) so I will get some pic's the next few days of setting up, the show and tearing down then post them on here.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Catalina I here you there if I had to carry those 2 in the truck with me to bike rallies. My WIFE WOULD BE IN THE SEAT BESIDE ME WITH A SHOT GUN going you touch them say bye to your MANHOOD.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Say hello to everyone in Bullhead for me.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Say hello to everyone in Bullhead for me.
I think you should come down for the weekend - or are you sill waiting on the statute-of-limitations to run out?

Ironeagle_2006 - If those two were in my truck for any reason my wife would throw me under it.