User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Shuttin Detroit Down

This is a new song i just heard today. I got to say i love this song. It is so ture. Take a listen to it.

YouTube - Shuttin Detroit Down-by John Rich

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
This is a new song i just heard today. I got to say i love this song. It is so ture. Take a listen to it.

YouTube - Shuttin Detroit Down-by John Rich
Good song, Mackman. But, maybe a bit misplaced.

All indications are that the Big 3 have been BLIND to market concerns for over a decade now. And the unions have priced them out of the market.

A few years ago, I saw a news clip on a layoff at a Detroit car manufacturer. the big fat lady, whose husband also worked at GM, BOTH making over $25 and hour, [UNION] was almost in tears as she decried her "condition" and said, " I don't know WHAT we'll do now! I guess we'll have to go on welfare!" No lie.... she actually said that! :hellno:

Where was John Rich then? Cuz HERE IN THE REAL WORLD.... very few of us have a DREAM of ever making that much money!

If it weren't for the millions of "associated" jobs that would be lost all over the country, I'd say BURY the big 3 under their OWN bullchit!

Last one out of Detroit, turn off the lights!

I understand and agree with the sentiment against the Wall St. bankers and such. But, I have little more respect for the CEO's of Detroit.... OR the unions that have helped to bankrupt them!

I guess my biggest problem with that song is the implication that any of US are responsible for shutting Detoit down. They made that bed all by themselves!

If a major corporation(s) cannot survive (without a public bailout) for a mere 3 months without "liquid financing" from the banks, then they are NOT a profitable company! They are (and have been) living on borrowed time, and had NO BUSINESS paying huge salaries and bonuses to their CEO's... let alone wages 3 times higher than the average American makes at a GOOD job!

Shut it down! Plow the BLIGHT under, and start all over! At one time in our glorious history, that would have been considered the American Way!

Don't take anything I said personally, Mackman. I'm just P.O'd like every OTHER American these days!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.