User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 03:31 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Catalina, you need to tell them the truck number. If he gets fired for it so be it, he doesn't need to be going down the road at all with a bunch of missiles behind him that aren't secured. Who's to say he hasn't done this before and already been reprimanded?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
That 360 degree tuning ability is friggin cool. Everyone I've seen who has it mounts it at the rear center top of their sleeper on an "L" shaped bracket.
I don't think Wylie would appreciate me drilling holes in the back of the sleeper so I went for the semi-permanent mount that clamps to the grab bars. I have one on each side of my headache rack and the one on the right side is useless because I have a big storage box on that side.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Catalina, you need to tell them the truck number. If he gets fired for it so be it, he doesn't need to be going down the road at all with a bunch of missiles behind him that aren't secured. Who's to say he hasn't done this before and already been reprimanded?
I will see what happens Monday when the safety director calls me. I have no idea this guys history or situation but I assume he probably has a family at home relying on his paycheck to eat and keep warm. But then again I guess he doesn't give a rats rear end about the families he's putting in harms way.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

When you see how some of these so called professional drivers secure their loads it is no wonder the government keeps throwing more laws on us. Of course all they really need to do is enforce the ones already on the books. This guy just may not have known the proper way to secure a load. There is no excuse for not checking a load before pulling out. I make a point of checking a load every time I stop and before pulling out after spending the night. Things sometimes have a way of working loose on a flatbed.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinaflyer View Post
BTW, there are three options, Manual Remote, Automatic Stationary and In Motion. I chose the $646 Manual Remote. I will have to tune it but I will be able to do it from the comfort of the bunk and not having to hang out the window and jack with it while pulling some sort of acrobatic move to see the TV and tell if it's tuned or not.
I have it, takes 5min from the time I throw it up on the roof until I am watching tv. I don't have mine mounted because I want to use it in my 5th wheel camper also, I just store it in the sleeper and throw it up on the roof or hood.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Board Regular

I would have cross-chained each set of pallets and either gotten some sort of bulkhead in front of the first set or nailed a piece of dunnage across in front of each one. I've always believed that the critical thing is to keep the stuff from moving. It takes a lot less to stop something from sliding than it does to arrest it once it starts.

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"