User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Regarding bannings

Since there are some members here who are being overly dramatic and claiming that they are going to be banned, let me set the record straight:

Nobody is being banned.

But since the new Admins were added, there has been a lot of "back seat moderation" going on, as well as people who are complaining publicly about my promotion. As I'm sure you remember with the whole Steve Booth debacle, Twilight Flyer did not allow members to publicly complain about the moderation team, or the way that the board was moderated publicly on the forum. The reason behind it then is the same reason it holds true now.

The owners of this board have carefully chosen their team. Their reasons for why they chose who they did are not open to discussion. They are operating a business with ClassADrivers.com, and as such, are using people who they feel will keep the business running properly. When members are publicly bashing the moderation team, it reflects upon the site in a negative way. Since we are in charge of keeping this site running in a positive fashion, we cannot allow that.

From the rules, which you agreed to follow when you joined the site:

Quote:
ClassADrivers.com. has a small team of forum moderators who act in the best interests of the board. Their job is to generally allow discussions to take place and ideas to be exchanged. They will step in and moderate in the event that a discussion gets out of hand. But do not lose track of the fact that they are the moderators and you are not. Let them do their job - they are tasked to keep the board running as smoothly as possible.
If you fail to follow this rule, you will get one verbal warning (which may or may not be on the public forum). If you fail to follow it afterwards, you will get a 3 day ban. If you fail to follow it after that, you will get a 7 day ban. If you fail to follow it after that, you will be banned permanently.

As always, if you have a problem, you can PM either GMAN, Scoe, Ridge Runner, or myself. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

~Rev.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Senior Board Member

would it be possible for the banner to use 3 day ban and 7 day ban respectively, under an avatar to let us all know the stage for the banee? until you explained big jeep's situation we had no idea he was allowed back.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Board Icon

Sorry, but no. If you want to know, all you have to do is ask via PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Can I make up for all the months I used to get a "BANNED" message when trying to get into CAD from a Flying J???

Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Board Icon

Hmmm.... kind of makes me wonder why my FIRST (and only - so far) banning, euphemistically called a "time out" (non-red letter edition,) was for "several weeks." It was graciously reduced to about ONE week....through much pleading and gold paying by some on my behalf.

Guess that was just another one of those things that is only supposed to happen to golfhobo! :lol:

NOTE: REV had nothing to do with that! :thumbsup::lol:

From "Absence of Malice"

Paul Newman: "Who do I see about that?"
Wilford Brimley: "Ain't nobody to see about that."

Republiconism at its best.

Serious question: If someone breaks ONE rule, and ignores the warning, and receives a 3 day ban, and then later breaks a DIFFERENT rule, do they GET a warning on that infraction? Do they get a 3 day ban, or a 7 day ban cuz it's the second banning?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Hmmm.... kind of makes me wonder why my FIRST (and only - so far) banning, euphemistically called a "time out" (non-red letter edition,) was for "several weeks." It was graciously reduced to about ONE week....through much pleading and gold paying by some on my behalf.

Guess that was just another one of those things that is only supposed to happen to golfhobo! :lol:
It was because of you that the rule was invented. True story.:thumbsup:

Quote:
Serious question: If someone breaks ONE rule, and ignores the warning, and receives a 3 day ban, and then later breaks a DIFFERENT rule, do they GET a warning on that infraction? Do they get a 3 day ban, or a 7 day ban cuz it's the second banning?
Would you like to test it to find out?

(3 day ban for the first time a rule is broken that is serious enough to warrant a banning, preceded by a warning. 7 day ban for the second time a rule is broken that is serious enough to warrant a banning, preceded by a warning. Permaban from then on.***)

At this point, golfhobo, your "banning chart" is at zero. You've only received a warning about it, so if you were to do again what you received the warning on, you'd get a 3 day. In reality, this has pretty much been the "unwritten rule" prior to my promotion. I'm just letting you all know that it is there.

***management reserves the right to skip any number of these steps in this process if the situation arises that calls for it.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
It was because of you that the rule was invented. True story.:thumbsup:

HaHa.....Nawwww! I don't buy that. Too many cases went before me. Besides, I'm starting to recognise the "thumbs up" smilie as your "j/k signature."

Would you like to test it to find out?

NO. I just like to understand the rules! For instance.... my first "banning" was for slamming someone's family. This time I "allegedly" questioned a mod. (or something like that... I still don't know.) I just wanted to know if they were cumulative or coincidental. Relative or irrespective. Concurrent or conjoined.

(3 day ban for the first time a rule is broken that is serious enough to warrant a banning, preceded by a warning. 7 day ban for the second time a rule is broken that is serious enough to warrant a banning, preceded by a warning. Permaban from then on.***)

I think that answers my question, thank you. If I read it right, there should at least be a warning before the second banning (brought on by a violation of ANY rule.) Is that right?

At this point, golfhobo, your "banning chart" is at zero. You've only received a warning about it, so if you were to do again what you....

Damn.... how did I lose the text I was referring to? (this board has some serious problems in the quote/copy function.)

you'd get a 3 day. In reality, this has pretty much been the "unwritten rule" prior to my promotion. I'm just letting you all know that it is there.

Whatever. Did you know that once you change the color to red, you can't change it back?

***management reserves the right to skip any number of these steps in this process if the situation arises that calls for it.
I can certainly understand THAT. But, I can't say it in black! :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member

IMHO, this whole string of threads is pretty gay. :moon:
Old 12-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member

whenever i'm going toward the westbound banning, ca scale, i always get a green light on the pre-pass. it's great seeing all those speed racers being pulled in, passing them due to it, and never seeing them again until i'm exiting the freeway at cherry ave in fontana.:thumbsup:
Old 12-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member