User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Don't ya just love Mondays...

I hate days like this (as I'm sure everyone else does as well)...

I was supposed to deliver this morning @ 7am. Well, the power flickered last night at home, so I woke up @ 7am to a flashing alarm clock. I get dressed to leave, head to the truck and it won't start - dead batteries. After an hour or so of jumping it off my car, I get it running and head to work.

I get to the shop around 9am and fuel up the truck. I then drive 30 mins or so to make my delivery (no problem there with being late). I get my next load which is about 30 miles away and head there. When I arrived at 11:30am, they said the load won't be ready until 5pm. Ok...

So I drag the empty trailer to our shop about 30 mins away and go off duty. I stand around our shop BS'ing with everyone for a few hours, go to the local truck stop for some lunch and head back for my pickup (again).

I arrive at 4:30pm (remember, they said it'd be ready at 5pm). I go inside and they said it won't be ready until 6pm. Ok...

I go back to the truck and watch a movie. At 6pm, I walk inside - 7pm now before it's ready.

Well, it's 7pm now and still nada. I've driven a total of 91 miles for the day. The bad part - they want this load in Cleveland at 7am. That's not so bad, but the winter weather sure is. Not to mention the fact that the sitting around all day has got me tired as hell. Once they do load me, I'll probably just go back to our yard for the night and make the drive tomorrow am.

But, my preplan they have me on for tomorrow is from Cleveland to Lancaster, PA. Bah...

Last edited by Malaki86; 11-17-2008 at 11:15 PM.