User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw View Post
$35,000 for insurance? Please tell me that was a typo, please. And for only $750,000?

I have encouraged you in many of your pursuits and dreams. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUY THIS TRUCK. $35000 for a $6000 truck is asinine. $3500 a month just for insurance? Let's do some numbers for fun based on 2000 miles a week(not likely intrastate) assuming you can get freight with 750K

.43 Insurance
.50 Fuel
.14 Mile for MINIMUM WAGE (13,000) a year or $6.55 an hour

$1.07 a mile assuming you never need tires, motor work, oil changes, get sick or hurt and need to goto the hospital ever want to retire or silly stuff like that. Did you want to replace your truck someday or just run it for 47 years? Gotta include that also.

Big Diesel is an Ass, but he is an ass who knows what he is talking about. Believe it or not both him and Rev have YOUR best interests in mind when they say don't do it. Your youth is precious and short. Don't try to grow up too fast. A truck will turn you grey or bald or both.
The insurance for the truck itself is $4,500 a year. It would be around $35,000 with the cargo and trailer. The $750,000 is just temporary, I need to get the truck road ready mostly new batteries and a new wheel seal and some other minor stuff.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
The insurance for the truck itself is $4,500 a year. It would be around $35,000 with the cargo and trailer. The $750,000 is just temporary, I need to get the truck road ready mostly new batteries and a new wheel seal and some other minor stuff.
You just don't get it do you........:roll:

Posters on the other board have told you the same things that I and other smart business people on this board have also told you...... Fantasyland dreams again.....
Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Board Regular

This does NOT sound like a good idea Double L. The entire industry is hurting badly and now is not a good time for someone who is new to try and break into the industry even as a company driver, much less a O/O.

Just a thought, with the market so flooded with drivers (o/o and company) right now, some of which are very experienced, why would someone want to put an 18 y/o guy with 0 experience in charge of hauling their product and their livelyhood. I'm not trying to be an azz, but times are going to be hard for most people right now and people are going to be very cut throat when it come to finding work.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Board Icon

And to think. At one point he actually had a SMART idea about becoming a diesel mechanic. An actual CAREER. And one that would have paid good money, too.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
And to think. At one point he actually had a SMART idea about becoming a diesel mechanic. An actual CAREER. And one that would have paid good money, too.

He would still have to compete with all them truck drivers that are switching back to being a mechanic.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
He would still have to compete with all them truck drivers that are switching back to being a mechanic.
Comrade Orangetxguy.... [<<<<<<censored>>>>>>] Comrade Roadhog.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Board Regular

well double, i am not going to call you stupid...that would be mean and you already told orange tux that you are not stupid. that being said....this is damn near the dumbest f'ing idea i have seen out of anybody in a long long time. are you stupid and just too stupid to admit that you are stupid? listen to these people that have more years behind the wheel than you got on gods green earth. i know you are 18 and know everything and the rest of the world are all morons...i was your age just a meesley 15 years ago. you have no savings, no knowledge...hell you do not even realize that you will not be able to lease on with anybody. do you have a business plan? do you know what one is? what if this farm does not let you lease on with them? i'll tell you what, you are f'ed. you think this guy is going to buy the truck back? odds are the guy selling you the truck is alot smarter than you, he sees a sucker with money to burn. he may be an asshole for taking advantage of you but still smarter than you. there is no way you hell that you should even consider this..especially now, do you understand what economic dispair this country is in? why don't you go to college, or a trade school and learn something...like the diesel mechanic thing. then in 5 years or so you still got the itch to drive, go be a company driver for a year or 2 and then look into buying a truck. one more thing for you to think about. many companies have age restrictions on the trucks they lease on...the one you are buying is already 9 years old, so in 5 years when you are old enough to lease it on somewhere that truck will be 14 years old. good luck there son. i hope the world turns out to be as bright as it is in your dreams, lots of pot filled dreams to think this up, but dreams none the less.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Here you go Double L:

MIDWEST REPLICAS has them in blue,black and red. They are $49.00. A Lot cheaper then the $6500 you plan to shell out and they need no insurance.:lol: Now you can "PLAY" trucker in the comfort of your home.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE

Last edited by Double R; 11-05-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Larry, no one is trying to squash your dreams here. Everyone is simply telling you that you're putting the cart before the horse and I agree with that. You're in a good position right now, don't squander it. Do the mechanic thing for the time being and maybe you can find a farmer that you can haul locally for. Right now is a prime time to be doing that, as lots of them are in the fields at the moment. Take it slow, save your money, and build your business plan. In a few years, with some time in the business, you'll be much better prepared to take the steps you want to take now. But you gotta crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run. And you're not even in the crawling stage yet. So, don't take things personally...if no one gave a damn, no one would be warning you.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Board Regular

double r, i would get the remote controlled one...it might even make truck noises that he would find really cool!!!