User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
The proof is in the pudding. 6 years executive experience vs. zero for Obama. Last time I checked my math facts, 6 was greater than 0 and I'm of the majority that believes Palin's mayoral and governing years counts as good experience. So I can say it all I want because it IS so.
Just like McCain, your presidential nominee. 0 by your calculations.

Quote:
-- if I need someone to run the country, I'll call Obama.
Quote:
I'm not sure Obama's going to be getting that phone call, but thanks for playing.
I think he will,but only time will tell.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Just like McCain, your presidential nominee. 0 by your calculations
I don't disagree with that at all. But people are going after Palin's alleged lack of experience and in doing so, they insert their foot in their mouth. When you boil it all down, Palin has more executive leadership experience than McCain, Obama, and Biden together.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Board Regular

Excuetive of what? There are millions of people that run their own businesses, some larger than the entire state of Alaska's "oil welfare."
Hell, I've run my own business for 12 years! More than 2X that of Palin's "excuetive experience." That makes me qualified?
The Republicans said Obama was not qualified because he only had 6 years as a state senator and only 2 years as a U.S. Senator, and no foriegn policy experience, and McCain has a zillion years as a U.S. Senator and is some sort of foreign affairs expert. . Now the Republicans want to say Palin is qualified to be President because she was the mayor of some some little podunk town in Alaska and has been a Governor for 2 years and has absolutely no foreign policy experience.? You can't have it both ways.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
Excuetive of what? There are millions of people that run their own businesses, some larger than the entire state of Alaska's "oil welfare."
Hell, I've run my own business for 12 years! More than 2X that of Palin's "excuetive experience." That makes me qualified?
The Republicans said Obama was not qualified because he only had 6 years as a state senator and only 2 years as a U.S. Senator, and no foriegn policy experience, and McCain has a zillion years as a U.S. Senator and is some sort of foreign affairs expert. . Now the Republicans want to say Palin is qualified to be President because she was the mayor of some some little podunk town in Alaska and has been a Governor for 2 years and has absolutely no foreign policy experience.? You can't have it both ways.
Politics 101....Mayor/Governor/President = Executives
Senators=Legislative
Not saying a Senator cannot make a good President, but the raw qualifications...Palin is the only one with executive experience.
You Dems want to keep focus on the Repub VP nominee keeping the focus off the President nominee.
Of the 4 candidates....Only one is really qualified for President.
You Dems....keep undermining Palins qualifications....You handing the election to McCain.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:12 AM

No foreign policy experience?

Wrong

She has negotiated the pipeline deal with Canada, that in and of itself is something that Gov's of Alaska could not do for 30 years prior to her taking the job.

She regularly deals with Canada, Russia, and Japan regarding international waters and fishing rights.

Alaska has far more than oil going for it. There is the fishing industry, which is huge. There are several very large mines in the State. Tourism brings Billions to Alaska every year. Logging is not what it once was, but is still there and has an impact on the State revenue. The military has a very large presence in the State, after all Russia is literally a few miles away and Alaska has always been the #1 location for missile and bomber defense.

Those of you dismissing Alaska as some backwater podunk place don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Palin was sitting in elected office and making executive decisions for 5 years before Obama even ran for State Senate. Oh, btw, y'all might want to check out how it was that Obama got elected to the State Senate and then how he got elected as State Senator... it's an interesting read.

Obama keeps harping about 'change'. Then chooses a 35 year career politician as a running mate... yeah, that's change all right.

Obama is the #1 most liberal member of the Senate. Biden came in at #3 on that list.

When Obama was chairman of the State Health and Human Services Committee, he supported and helped pass the bill that provides comprehensive sex-ed for kindergartners. Look it up, read the bill and the attached approved curriculum and see for yourself.

The libs are all saying that Palin, as Governor of Alaska is unqualified to be the Vice President. I find that very interesting considering that just 4 years ago they wanted Howard Dean, the Governor of Vermont on the ticket. Before that they ran and elected Bill Clinton, the Governor of Arkansas, not to mention Jimmy Carter, the Governor of Georgia. I sure don't remember anyone saying that they weren't qualified for the job of President, much less Vice President.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWulf

Obama is the #1 most liberal member of the Senate.
That list is clearly flawed. Russ Feingold will always be at the top of the list.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWulf
When Obama was chairman of the State Health and Human Services Committee, he supported and helped pass the bill that provides comprehensive sex-ed for kindergartners. Look it up, read the bill and the attached approved curriculum and see for yourself.
Does it really? No.

I suggest before you start spouting off talking points from a TV add you actually read the bill. It is ambiguous in parts but wholly supports the idea of teaching kindergartners of the stranger danger, not sex ed. Not a single politician in America would ever support sex ed for 5 year old children and you know it.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Take it from someone in Obamaland. His record here in IL is nothing to CROW about. Why you ask all the bills he got passed he had HANDED TOHIM BY HIS SENATE DADDY EMIL JONES WHO HAS A BIGGER GOD COMPLEX THAN GEORGE W BUSH DICK CHENEY GOV ROD BLAGOAVICH AND BOTH CLINTONS COMBINED. He also forced the incumbent State Senator to withdraw by challenging her campigan petitions after she lost a primary election for the House of Reps that is how the Messiah Obama launched his Political career. We all saw what he did when he was running for the US Senate what he did to Ryan digging up sealed Divorce records out of California to spread all over the Chicago media and forced him out. Simply because Obama was BEHIND IN THE POLLS BY 5 points. Then all the GOP could get to run against that Obama did not challenge the petitions of was Alan Keys.

Obama is so dirty yet he preaches change if his kind of political change is you attack them and refuse to let a legit challenger come after you sorry I do not want him in office anymore.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
people are going after Palin's alleged lack of experience and in doing so, they insert their foot in their mouth.
I think you would consider this a reputable attack on her experience :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzhFDQIgGSg

Wait for it, wait for it........

All politicians will say ANYTHING to get elected
Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
TF wrote:
Quote:
Imanutjob
ROTFLMAO

MommaKay wrote:
Quote:
Just saying it don't make it so. The "libs," as you color us, don't "forget" that Governor Pailin' is "better qualified than Obama," we reject the notion outright. If I need a tasty recipe for Moose, I will call Governor Pailin' -- if I need someone to run the country, I'll call Obama.
No disrespect intended here, MommaKay. "Libs" short for Liberal. Dont think color is involved.
To say Obama is more qualified to run the country without indicating what makes him qualified is meaningless
To say Palin is best to offer a "recipe for Moose..Hmmm...seems to me somewhat "Sexiest".
Criticizing another woman does not make me "sexist." My criticizms of Governor Pailin' have nothing whatsoever to do with her being female, they have to do with her policies and past performance, along with her blatant hypocrisy in claiming to be a Christian while actively and knowingly lying about the opposition (not that she is alone in that). I disliked Hillary for other reasons, but there are women that I do feel would be highly qualified for the office -- Patricia Schroeder, for example (though she has returned to private life) or Ann Richards (unfortunately deceased).

In any event, I agree that simply stating that one person or another is more qualified for office is meaningless if no supporting data is provided. But when offered as an opinion, no supporting data is necessary.