User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tony Stewarts Home Depot Tractor trailer flew past me in Oh

It was about 10pm on wed 8-13-08 I-75 north mile marker #152, Ohio :lol:

It was going to try to snap a pic but

1.It was too dark
2.he had to be 70mph I was going 55

They are racing in Michigan on Sunday 8-17-08

About 2 months ago I seen 3 of Kasey Khanes MOPAR tractor trailers at a truck stop on I-75 north, It was his dirt track cars.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't know who drives the Lowes car, but I saw 2 Lowes trucks in Las Vegas over the winter.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Board Icon

It's not uncommon to see them boys and girls hammer down. Probably due to the fact that not many cops will give them a ticket if they open up the trailer for a walk through. I followed Evernham's 2 haulers when it was just Mayfield and Kahne driving for him up 95 headed for Dover in my car. I was able to pace them at 85 when they broke loose from traffic in a 65. I see just about all of them when they are headed to Dover or New Hampshire. I think when they go to Pocono they run 77 up to 81 and run that most of the way up.

Mat, that was the Jimmie Johnson car.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I think when they go to Pocono they run 77 up to 81 and run that most of the way up.
When Pocono follows Dover, they run 95-476-80. Seen them twice every year doing that when I ran out the way on mondays.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Board Icon

That's funny R, the "Oval Office" officials trailers go up 77 to 81. Past one coming back from Tennessee just north of Roanoke, Va heading North a few years ago.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Senior Board Member

I ran into a driver one day and his son drives a truck for one of the Nascar drivers. I don't remember which one.

I always thought I would like to do that. Ya know, drive the truck a little every day taking your time then pull into the race track, park, setup your easy chair and just hang out until the race is done......WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every race team has at least 3 people that can drive the truck. Every truck driver has at least one other job and some are qualified to work as a pit crew member. Most have jobs behind the wall and work non stop from start to finish.

So much for that dream.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
I ran into a driver one day and his son drives a truck for one of the Nascar drivers. I don't remember which one.

I always thought I would like to do that. Ya know, drive the truck a little every day taking your time then pull into the race track, park, setup your easy chair and just hang out until the race is done......WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every race team has at least 3 people that can drive the truck. Every truck driver has at least one other job and some are qualified to work as a pit crew member. Most have jobs behind the wall and work non stop from start to finish.

So much for that dream.
Not the same as hauling the equipment for a band on tour or some of those industrial shows. Worst thing about the industrial trade shows was backing into a dock on the third level of the McCormick Center in Chicago with an extended hood and a 53'.

But, you do get to watch the races... once in a while. :wink:

Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Rarely if ever is the truck driver part of the race day pit crew. They are more of a gopher and see very little of the actual race. Once the race starts their job is to pack up everything in the garage stall and start loading the truck up. Remember seeing Peter Jellen(driver for Kyle Busch's car) get followed around by camera's for a race. He has been in Nascar as a truck driver for more than 15 years but he is only a gopher on race day. He will help in the pits gluing lug nuts on or getting more fuel in the cans but once the race gets to the halfway point, he goes and starts packing up everything in the garage. He said driving a hauler is just like driving an OTR gig. He might get to see home about one day a week to about one day every 2 weeks depending on the race schedule and if the team is doing testing during the week. When he does get home, it's more along the lines of, go home, get a couple hours of sleep then head to the shop. From there you wash all the uni's from the weekend, re-pack the truck, go grocery shopping then your heading out later that day. If your going to a track that is an 11 hour drive away it is easier that week if the team is not doing any testing. You might get 2 nights at home.