User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The interview results

Interview went GREAT! I'm not getting my hopes up yet. There are still alot of unknowns such as how the season is gonna play and stuff. I told her that I'm willing to work weekends and not afraid to work and not afraid of the heat. She showed me around and everything and we talked. She said that I'm an ambitious young man and she asked about co-op so I told her and I told her I'd call her back when I find out for sure on the 8-11 everyday schedule. She said she may provide me with a truck for the road test but she isn't gonna committ to anything yet. She told me that after harvest is done they transport the grain from their farm to East St. Louis. Also as apart of the job description I'll have to do some small maintainance stuff such as checking the oil and stuff like that and I told her I enjoy working on vehicles and she smiled and said that is good. She said I can't take the truck home but she did say that I may be hauling grain along with fertilizer and it's all non hazmat. The Ammonia Anhydrous they let someone else haul it! BUT there was a catch, when I got off the interstate it wouldn't go into 4th gear. So I made it there and when I left I finally got it into 4th but it popped back out so I was like this is just great. So I said forget it I still got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. I noticed first was grinding inside the tranny, so I was on the interstate and I just noticed the gas gauge running on empty and I was about 20 miles from home, so I slowed down and was drafting off a Landstar rig, no it wasn't Rev! :lol: I finally got off the interstate and it started sputtering, great only 5 miles from home but I finally got it home and was on fumes as I pulled in. So I put some gas in it and took it to a friend of the family who works on cars and been doing it for years. He told me I'd have to get a new tranny, now GREAT. I had a feeling something would go wrong today. Oh well sh*t happens. :roll:
Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Board Icon

Double L said:

Quote:
so I slowed down and was drafting off a Landstar rig, no it wasn't Rev!
How could you tell? No flames coming out from behind the cab? :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Nope, I could tell that it wasn't him because I seen the mirrors and seen it was a Freightliner Columbia. Also found out I'll be getting paid by the hour and she made it seem like I would get the job and now I need to go see to the school and see my guidance couselar talk about my schedule and find out for sure the schedule for co-op and then call ILLFF back and let them know. It went better than I expected thats for sure MUCH better.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

It's weird that I had 4th gear on the way up there and then when I get off the ramp and push in the clutch it was VERY tight like a rig and normally it doesn't have much resistants to it. I think it has air in it but I got to replace the tranny so will have to rebleed the clutch and I might as well take the time to look at the clutch and make sure it's still in good shape! I tried putting some fluid in there and it didn't help it at all. It won't even go into 4th at all, it's like the gate is frozen shut and I'm afraid to drive it cause if 4th went out I'm sure the rest will fail and blow the tranny which I heard when a tranny goes it's scary. So I'm not taking my chances on it and having it towed back home. I'm gonna replace the tranny out of a junkyard instead of rebuilding it cause it's cheaper but at the sametime I prefer it rebuilt so I know nothing else will go wrong. Back on topic now, thought I'd explain the situation a little further!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Great news LL (the interview, NOT the tranny!)

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Thank ya, I'm gonna get my DOT physical tomorrow and gonna get a copy of my mvr and send it to ILLFF.