User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Things that might help you stay healthy...

I've known about eggs for some time. Several years ago, a study showed that "EGG-BEATERS" give you higher cholesterol than whole eggs. Back then, it said there is an ingredient in the yolk that inhibits absorbing of cholesterol.

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/slid...5&imageindex=6

Eggs (+)

Eggs get a bad rap. Their negative reputation started because egg yolks are a source of cholesterol. But studies have not shown that the risk of cardiovascular disease increases in egg eaters. For example, in a study of more than 115,000 men and women, there was no association between egg intake and the risk of coronary heart disease or stroke over an eight-year period, except among those with diabetes. Women who ate more than one egg a day actually had the lowest risk of coronary heart disease. Eggs also are a great source of protein, and many organic eggs are now rich in omega-3 fatty acids, thanks to a change in chicken feed.

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/slid...5&imageindex=8

Artificial Sweeteners (+/-)

Surprising news for people trying to stay slim: New research suggests that even noncaloric sugar substitutes, whether “natural” or artificial, may contribute to weight gain. Researchers at Purdue University published a study in February showing that rats gained weight when fed foods artificially sweetened with saccharin. The researchers speculated that when the sweet taste of the sugar substitute wasn’t followed by lots of calories, it threw off the rats’ response to calories in general. As a result, they ate more food. Although this response doesn’t necessarily apply to humans, many dieters find that after eating sugar-free food, they compensate by indulging in other calorie-rich sweets.

Soo much for the diet drinks too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wow this one isn't about women not having enough sex. Glad to see you branching out. :wink:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Board Regular
Default http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34878&am

The only thing I know,

About Eggs is some years back I bought A book called the Fat Flush & gave it to my Wife,Thinking this might be Inspirational & prompt Her to lose A few pounds,It called for the participant to eat {2} hard boiled Eggs & drink A substantial amount of Cranberry Juice each Day, & low & behold U would lose weight with Ease, Well that was the End of that Stoke of Genius,Don't Ya know. I thought it was A Cool Idea Though :roll: :idea: All Though I will have To admit She Did not Feel the as I did! 8) :idea:
Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 AM

Arby's used to sell 5 beef and cheddars for $5. Now it's 2 beef and cheddars for $4. More for less, but healthier, right? 8)
Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Wow this one isn't about women not having enough sex. Glad to see you branching out. :wink:
Want to try reading it again???

Quote:
For example, in a study of more than 115,000 men and women, there was no association between egg intake and the risk of coronary heart disease or stroke over an eight-year period, except among those with diabetes. Women who ate more than one egg a day actually had the lowest risk of coronary heart disease.
Then, think about all the ads on TV you've seen lately about checking with your doctor to see if "YOU ARE HEALTHY ENOUGH FOR SEXUAL ACTIVITY"...

You girls are going to have to maintain your health if you're going to keep up with us guys... :wink: :lol: :lol: 8)

Old 08-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think it is more important to eat a balanced diet than go along with all of these "fad" diets. We don't need to eat everything in sight. Everything in moderation with exercise will do more for our health than anything else.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Board Icon

I just think it's funny. At one time, don't drink too much milk. Too much calcium. Now, there's no such thing as too much calcium. It helps fight diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.

Don't eat eggs. But the folks that were eating "EGG BEATERS" wound up with higher cholorestrol than the ones eating normal eggs.

With things like diabetes and heart problems being the two biggest reasons a driver has to quit (or so I'm told), things like what to eat are important. To be honest, I really don't think they know what they are talking about.

A diet to reduce cholorestrol says you should stay away from butter. But peanut oil is fine. Yet, some years ago, a study done with monkeys showed that butter only gave slightly higher levels, and peanut oil put the readings through the roof.

A number of years ago, I read a report that poly-unsaturated fats can mix with body chemistry and form carcinogenics. But, go ahead and use margarin. Well, I can eat oatmeal and reduce my level of cholorestrol. What do I eat to reduce possible carcinogenics?

And, REB... I simply copied and pasted the things on the beginning of this thread. I didn't do anything to point to women until your comment. But, I do have a copy of an interview with a doctor... A female doctor... Who is also a lesbian. I do not have the link, and I've been kicking myself for not copying that too. But she has a few very interesting things to say about hormone replacement therapy. After 27 years of being a lesbian, she now has a man in her life because of her condition. She will not take estrogen because of the risk of cancer. But, if I post that, it will either be on the thread in the women's section, or on your own FIGHT THREAD.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Board Regular
Default http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34878&am

The book I,
Bought for my wife was written by Ann Louise Gittleman & She holds a master's degree in nutrition education from Columbia University & has appeared on PBS , CNN & Good Morning America & is Highly esteemed for her work in Nutrition & Detoxifying your Body! One COOL Idea 8) :idea: