User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

There is nothing FREE that comes from the government. The government will give you $1 and take $3. I would rather the government started downsizing. It would make more sense. Government doesn't make anything. If the size of government was reduced then our taxes could be reduced. A smaller government would require less taxes to operate. More people working in the private sector would be paying more taxes. The result would be for all of us to pay less taxes and have a less intrusive government. It sounds good that the government is going to give everyone a FREE check. Rest assured that we will pay dearly for this FREE money.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Part of my stimulus money will go towards an important investment. :wink: My son will be entering pre-school and it's going towards his tuition and the start of his education. The rest, probably bills.

I did read on msn.com how some stores will be offering a gift card in the amount of your 'check' + %10. Of course, you an only use it at their store. Walmart is suppose to be one of the stores that will be doing this.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Senior Board Member

After paying my Lawyer off, who did a great job at getting my kids for me..
I will buy a 6 pack of beer, yesterday I was craving a beer. Realized I havn't had one in 2 years.. that 6 pack will last me all year, Unless someone comes over and drinks it!.

I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

mommee
Quote:
I did read on msn.com how some stores will be offering a gift card in the amount of your 'check' + %10. Of course, you an only use it at their store.
We already have a large grocery store here called Reasor's/chain ... claims if you cash your check at their store ~ they will sale you a $325.00 gift card for $300.00 .... guess they figure everyone has to eat .. some people spend that kind of money monthly on grocery's (not me :shock: ) ~ so I guess that will help pick up part of the taxes on your grocery's.

mommee do you remember where on msn you found the info ... that would be interesting. :wink:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roses
mommee
Quote:
I did read on msn.com how some stores will be offering a gift card in the amount of your 'check' + %10. Of course, you an only use it at their store.
We already have a large grocery store here called Reasor's/chain ... claims if you cash your check at their store ~ they will sale you a $325.00 gift card for $300.00 .... guess they figure everyone has to eat .. some people spend that kind of money monthly on grocery's (not me :shock: ) ~ so I guess that will help pick up part of the taxes on your grocery's.

mommee do you remember where on msn you found the info ... that would be interesting. :wink:
Here is the link:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...GiftCards.aspx
Old 05-01-2008, 11:00 PM

For those of you who want to put the blame solely on Bush for this, remember: your liberal Congress is in on it too.

If this weren't an election year there would have never been a stimulus package.

All politicians regardless of party will attempt to capitalize on this for re-election's sake.

I, too, think it's ill-conceived but I'm not blind and biased enough to pin it entirely on one man who, while his approval ratings are poor, has consistently higher approval ratings than your liberal Congressional "leadership".
Old 05-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilici
Actually the joke is on all of us. This is no "stimulus". Were gonna have to pay the money back come next tax season, just like last time bush gave us a "stimulus".
Ummmm, no. Try to get your facts straight next time.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069
well if they cut 5 to 10 % people off welfare that dont need to be on it that should pay for it. :lol:
Should we start with the President and work out way down? :wink:
No. We should start with the top 5 to 10 % of CORPORATE WELFARE recipients. Then, we won't HAVE to work our way down to the SMALL businesses, and the whole COUNTRY could be supported on welfare! :lol: :lol:

Here's the problem with Bush...... after years of telling us how strong our economy is, how much HE has done to GROW it, and how many jobs he has "imagined" into existence.....in an election year, (when he is a lame duck and can't be held responsible for FIXING it,) he finally admits we're in a "slowdown" and offers this incentive to boost the economy that he's been telling us was just FINE! :shock:

And he tells us we MUST spend it to boost the economy! THEN....... when his policies result in economically STIFLING fuel prices, he sheepishly BACKS OFF that mandate, and says that the stimulus will ALSO "help many OFFSET rising fuel prices!" :shock: :shock:

Does this guy HAVE a side of the mouth he hasn't SPOKEN out of yet?? :roll:

Does this "Texas Two-stepping" remind anyone ELSE of how many times he changed his story on WHY we're dying in Iraq??

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Board Regular
Default ? Your IRS Rebate check ?

I for <1> Think I will by a Verizon or AT&T internet card U install into the port on Ur laptop so you don't have any Wi-Fi dead spots,So I don't miss out on reading some of the Useless, Seneless & Nonsensical comment's for the reason of our current State of afairs in our Country. Such as President Bush being the cause of all former, current & future problems of this Nation. Before Taking Office & After leaving Office henceforth & forever. & How residents of our country that are on Welfare or perhaps SSI are resposible for our economic Woes. Be it as may Taxes under Clinton in 1999 for Single making 30K- $ 8,400, Under Bush 2008 for Single making 30K- tax $ 4,500. Married making 75 K a year tax $ 21,000 Under Bill & Hill, Under Bush, Married making 75K a year tax $18,750. $ 11 Billion to $ 22 Billion a year for Welfare for Illegal Aliens. ( source) WWW.tinyurl.com/zob77 you get the drift. maybe We sould use the Disabled & indigent citizens to pick up the Urine bottles on the side of the Road or some other form of degradation from some trucker,So they earn what they recieve, Or maybe Flying-J, T/A OR Pilot could hire them to disenfect the parking areas daily from the Drivers who can't walk 5 yards to the Head like civilized people. $ 3 Million A Day to incarcerate Illegals. (source)http://WWW.transcripts.cnn.com/TRANS...1.html,Etc-Etc. you get the general idea :idea:

Quote:
The Only Time People Dislike Like Gossip is When You Gossip About Them ! Will Rodgers 8) :idea:
Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3B3L
Agreed. However, being below poverty level doesn't mean they need welfare. [...] That doesn't mean you or I should be supplementing their income because they are too lazy to get an education or get vocational training of some sort to better their situation. They are a burdon on our system, among other things.
It depends on where you draw the line. 15 years ago, I was on welfare (even though I had a four-year college degree and a good GPA, incidentally.) I got foodstamps, government help to pay for my wife's prenatal expenses, and WIC. I think I'm a great example of a welfare system the way it's supposed to work. I needed help getting on my feet, and I took that help gratefully, all the while being totally humiliated by having to be reduced to that. I bought cheap food at Mega Cheapass Mart with my foodstamps, to make it go as far as possible, for example.

I got off Uncle Sam's titty as fast as possible, and when the social worker said "We're sorry, but you no longer qualify for benefits" I about tapdanced with glee.

Now I pay taxes up the ass. I've paid it back and then some, and I don't feel guilty for getting the help I needed. I'm not an example of a broken system. I'm an example of how it's all supposed to work.

The missing ingredient here is shame. You should use welfare if you have to, but you should be ashamed of it, and want to get the hell off ASAP. I think that would solve most of the problems with the welfare system right there.