User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If you consult the google machine, there are quite a few people who have done successful "car PC builds" to integrate with a large number of on-board systems. Also, with the price point of SSD's coming down, that's certainly something to consider given that semi's are a fairly high vibration environment.

Also, AMD's line of A6 APU's are pretty phenomenal when it comes to portable (or in this case transportable...) computing applications. Low power consumption and integrated graphics. certainly something to consider.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Rookie

Hello Drivers, Computers and Trucks do mix well! I have been running in cab for SIX YEARS a 24" monitor, mini book, ext Blue-ray/DVD, GPS and any program any one could want! Its not to bright at night...there are controls for that...darker contrasting colors take care of that. It is above my line of site, can be a touch screen or not. Guess what if you can see it easily because it's big and within a bent elbows arm away a glance can give you more information than any 4" to 7" stuck to a Windshield like "Garfield"! You can see more roads and POI's surrounding the route. A slight move to the center of the overhead and watching a movie in the bunk thru the in-truck radio and the cab is rocking to the sound track! Office software for your business, music, Faxing Printing complete the circle. Way be on the road unproductive, and unhappy? Chat with your family etc. and do the things you like on your off time...Most of all be safe out there...honk when ya see me!