User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I guess the fact that the groups that were mentioned are union and or at least organized escaped conclusion?

The problem is that the spokespeople on most strikes have a well read, and informed spokesman and the members who are striking have at least been briefed on what to say and how to say it to get their point across to those who are asking what their beef is.

It's already started! The "media" has already latched onto the fact that there are "strike" rumors and have run to their nearest bastion of the American trucker.. the truck stop.

They usually grab the first willing person who will have anything to do with them. This usually is the guy who doesn't wash, has no teef and the last interview was him describing what the UFO sounded like when it landed out behind his trailer.

Then they pick a few more who remind me of the war protesters of late.. they have no idea why there are there.. but it beat going to work, class or sitting at the welfare office all day.

Tell us what the issue is and how striking will do ANYTHING to change it.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i am sorry but if we strike it is going to have to be on sunday or monday. my run goes the other days of the week. but on a serious note, i agree that something has to be done...fuel prices, rates, respect. but when our own people...fozzy, put us down and throw in the typical stereotype of the trucker then nothing will work. and there are way to many guys like myself that almost run paycheck to paycheck to support there family. are these guys going to recieve any compensation from these groups that want all drivers to shut down...i got kids to feed. on day of work really hampers the budget for the week if ya know what i mean.