User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Canadian/U.S. border traffic after 9/11

Hi folks, I'm an editor at Truckers News, working on a story that involves border logjams after 9/11 -- trying generally to get a feel for what happened for truckers after security procedures were heightened after 9/11. Anybody involved in a back-up coming into the U.S. during that time? -Todd Dills
Old 03-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Rookie

Have no trouble crossing the border just need to have you paperwork in order and be sporting a passport is always helpful.

Had no trouble before or after 9/11....business as usual...eh?
Old 03-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I wasn't driving a CMV in 2001, but the border guys have been real peckerheads for passenger cars ever since then. In contrast, I've really never had a delay in my CMV at the border. As the previous poster mentioned, when the paperwork is in order it's a pretty simple deal.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

I cross every week. The paper work is the biggest problem. When you fax your paperwork to a broker your hoping things will be ready when you cross, if not you need to see your broker. For me its happens about once or twice a month that I must go see a broker If you load is bonded you must see customs.
Than there is the random search that is pain and a time consuming. And most OTR do not compinsate drivers much if any for there time. In a course of a year I spent about 40 hours at the boder waiting to cross for some kind reason.