Old 03-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Did they pay for a new one or something?
THATS the important question
Maybe those Blue Beacon guys stared at it long enough that it fixed itself :wink:
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Senior Board Member

no-- they got serious when I pulled my camera out and started taking pictures- while still in the bay- then instead of the usual talk about -- I having to call the corporate office and "file" a claim- I think they understood my next step was to pull forward- block their bay until a police officer arrived and filed a report.... so they offered me "petty cash" to settle it-- and I like the dumb-ass I am couldn't remember how much I had paid for the damn thing-- so I settled for $30.00 cash. that's $20.00 + tax too little.

Fortunately, I do remember using my Pilot Driver Reward Points when I purchased it. And it still works-- duct tape does wonders!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Board Regular

I have used Blue Beacon a number of times in the PAST, have not been satisfied 1 single time and won't go back. Tuesday morning I was sitting in the Love's in Houston, a bobtail had just left the Blue Beacon and backed into the space next to me. I walked over and jokingly (since I had just watched him come out of the Beacon) asked if he had just gotten his truck washed. He said, yeah and they did a good job didn't they? I laughed and suggested he walk to the passenger side of the truck and also look at the back. It was obvious, they had ONLY washed the hood, top and driver side of the truck. The rear of the cab and most of the passenger side had not been touched!

He took it back and they did a poor job the second time but at least you could see the streaks where they rubbed it a bit.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Board Regular

Hopefully, headborg didn't pay for the wash. We get to take a truck to the wash... Oh, shoot, it's now 'spring', so once every 45 days.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Senior Board Member

My Oldman uses the blue beacon all the time. But before they start he gives them a 15 doaller tip and they always do a good job on his truck.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh
Hopefully, headborg didn't pay for the wash. We get to take a truck to the wash... Oh, shoot, it's now 'spring', so once every 45 days.
No way-- me pay to wash THEIR truck! Not going to happen. Maybe a quarter coin op touch up on the way Home-- but not OTJ. Reminds me of the old days-- when they would talk about drivers-- suppose to "take pride in THEIR ride" and stick the driver with the tab. I remember these company drivers spending HOURS polishing the chrome on "their" trucks-- but then complaining that they either a) weren't getting the miles. and/or b) weren't making any money. Yet they could find the "time" to set around a truckstop all afternoon polishing the chrome on their boss's-- 379 Pete.

Now if it's actually-- YOUR CHROME & YOUR GOOD NAME on the door-- that's a different matter.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 PM

The best Blue Beacon I've ever gone to was the one in Oakley, Kansas on I-70. They did a phenominal job at getting my truck clean. They did like a 5 minute walk around with a flashlight after the wash to to be sure my truck was absolutely clean.

I was impressed.

The Blue Beacon in Kansas City, Missouri on I-435 sucks now. They used to be really good.