User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default April Truck Strike????

I know most don't go very far but just currious if there is validity to this one? I've heard rumblings but a number of dates as well.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Default Re: April Truck Strike????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammonman
I know most don't go very far but just currious if there is validity to this one? I've heard rumblings but a number of dates as well.
CAUTION!!!! RANT AHEAD

There is never any validity to any of these strikes. it is just not feasible. maybe better results might come from complaining to the right sources. not that that has worked either. I have a feeling that gas prices are going to rise until they really become to high for people to afford. and I am not talking about drivers I am talking normal everyday people. the problem is that most people don't rely on gas and fuel for their living it is just a convenience in their everyday life. you know except for the part about getting their food and clothes and everything else. Until the prices for these commodities start rising more and the blame is put on shipping costs nothing is going to happen. By the time this happens every O/O will be out of business and most of the small and union trucking companies will be broke and the only ones left will be Swift and and the big pumpkin. :x :x :roll:

NOW FOR THE REAL CRAZY SH*T!!!!

One good thing about astronomical fuel prices is maybe at one point it might become economically feasible to start producing products in the USA again. instead of shipping it all from China and Korea. Maybe if more work was done on raising the quality of life in those areas maybe one day their life style would rise to equal our own or even surpass it and then we can produce stuff at lower cost because of our cheep labor and then we might be able to move back into homes made out wood and cement instead of tin cans and mud. Maybe...

WOW was that great or what?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Board Member

SSDD....
Old 03-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Board Icon

The only way for a truck strike to work is to encase Washington in it. I don't mean a few O/O's screwing up traffic for an hour, I mean the big boys putting their trucks out there to protest and shut it all down in and around DC. You need the trucking companies, all of them, to ban together to lower the diesel fuel prices. They are outragously high when it is cheaper to produce diesel vs gasoline. Gasoline needs more refining and more work so it should be higher priced. Instead they price diesel higher because they claim it pollutes more and therefore needs to be taxed more.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

where do we sign up for the strike....i think it would be best for us all to park the trucks. but do you think that maybe we will be replaced as fast as we got out?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Board Icon

Here is my simple solution:

All 3 million drivers out there.... send me ONE day's pay! (approx $100 each.) With this I will pay the salaries of the SMALL group of drivers who actually NEED to strike...... Tanker Yankers!!!

No deisel, gasoline or jet fuel moves for a day or two!!! This country will come to a screeching halt!!

Of course, this will affect ALL of us drivers, but so would a strike that we can never agree on! We will ALL lose a few days pay, and it will be hard to pay some of our bills, but our problems will be EVERYONE's problems then!!!

The important thing is, rather than a few pennies increase in the cost of milk that some congressman doesn't HAVE to buy today..... The whole country will feel an IMMEDIATE impact, especially the ones whose attention we need to get.

They CAN'T replace all the tanker yankers with scabs, cuz not everyone HAS the endorsement.... and more importantly.... the TRAINING! Accidents would go through the roof if they tried!

Yep, if we could just "PAY" all the Yankers to hit the beach for a day or two, I think our voices would be HEARD!! And the "target" would be clear to all...... FUEL prices!!!

Make checks payable to GolfHobo, and let me know what day would be best for you! My choice would be the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Rookie
Default Re: April Truck Strike????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammonman
CAUTION!!!! RANT AHEAD

There is never any validity to any of these strikes. it is just not feasible. maybe better results might come from complaining to the right sources. not that that has worked either. I have a feeling that gas prices are going to rise until they really become to high for people to afford. and I am not talking about drivers I am talking normal everyday people. the problem is that most people don't rely on gas and fuel for their living it is just a convenience in their everyday life. you know except for the part about getting their food and clothes and everything else. Until the prices for these commodities start rising more and the blame is put on shipping costs nothing is going to happen. By the time this happens every O/O will be out of business and most of the small and union trucking companies will be broke and the only ones left will be Swift and and the big pumpkin. :x :x :roll:

NOW FOR THE REAL CRAZY SH*T!!!!

One good thing about astronomical fuel prices is maybe at one point it might become economically feasible to start producing products in the USA again. instead of shipping it all from China and Korea. Maybe if more work was done on raising the quality of life in those areas maybe one day their life style would rise to equal our own or even surpass it and then we can produce stuff at lower cost because of our cheep labor and then we might be able to move back into homes made out wood and cement instead of tin cans and mud. Maybe...

WOW was that great or what?
:!: YOU JUST HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!! That is what ALL of this is about. The O/O's and small fleet owners are SOON going to be history..
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
SSDD....
No no no - it's "SSDP" (Same Stuff, Different Post)