User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Great place to eat

If you havent eaten at the Chinese Buffet on Monteagle, you need to as soon as possible, even if you dont like Chinese, they have plenty of food you will like.. exit 135 go past the truck stop and it's about a block on the left..
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Great place to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
If you havent eaten at the Chinese Buffet on Monteagle, you need to as soon as possible, even if you dont like Chinese, they have plenty of food you will like.. exit 135 go past the truck stop and it's about a block on the left..
ok...I'll try it--- what's their hours of operation? can you walk to it from the old truckstop? I thought they finally leveled that place? can you still park there? or is there plenty of parking down at the "egg roll"
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I live just down the hill from Monteagle over in winchester, that old truckstop is still alive and kicking, the parking lot is rough but still has plenty of room. If you make it down the hill to Manchester get off at the Wal Mart exit and park there or across the street at the BP and the wal mart shopping strip has a real good mexican place. As a side note that Wal Mart has actual truck parking. about 10-15 spaces if you ever need a place to snooze and Monteagle is full.There is normaly room across the street athe BP truck stop as well.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Great place to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
ok...I'll try it--- what's their hours of operation? can you walk to it from the old truckstop? I thought they finally leveled that place? can you still park there? or is there plenty of parking down at the "egg roll"
they have plenty of truck parking at the "egg roll" good place to spend the night, they even have showers... the Monteagle truckstop is a good place to lose your hood and the lot across the street has holes that will swallow your truck.. anyway, I think the egg roll is open something like 11 to 11
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 AM

Exit 52E off the I-90 Buffalo NY
Thats a good truck stop with good food right at the stop and restaurants all around. Plus a huge shopping mall right across the street. Anyone been there?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Board Regular

Pig Out Palace on I-40 in Oklahomas pretty good too!!!!! I think..
Old 03-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS
Exit 52E off the I-90 Buffalo NY
Thats a good truck stop with good food right at the stop and restaurants all around. Plus a huge shopping mall right across the street. Anyone been there?
Jim's truck stop. I used to stop there all the time for fuel when I was running local a few years ago. They usually had the cheapest fuel around. Don't park in Kmarts side of the lot, they usually have a security guard there and that's all he's there for is to kick truckers out. I stopped at Jim's a few years back for some lunch. I pulled over towards Kmart to eat my hot dogs before I left and right away security came over right away and was bitching at me. I was in a pick up with goose neck trailer so I told him to "take a chill pill" then rolled the window up and finished my hot dog. Galleria mall is across the street with a movie theatre and also Kenworth is down the road. On the other side of the thruway there is a Target that you can park in the back really easy for some shopping. 8) 8)