User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Again, we really have no choices. It will business as usual in Washington, no matter who is elected.
One thing I will give to Obama, at least he has good organizational skills, he has run his campaign in a efficient manner. Both McCain and Clinton have gone broke and over spent their millions of dollars in contributions. Not very good management.
Experience? What has Clinton done? And being the wife of a philandering husband and first lady really doesn’t count. McCain? Helped sponsor a bill that gives amnesty to illegal immigrants? And his AZ campaign guy just got indicted in federal court for mail fraud, conspiracy, and a few other things, along with 2 other guys, facing 50 years in prison, although unrelated to his campaign, doesn’t show good judgment.
……………….
I really don’t know why anyone would want to be President after Bush/Cheney and the mess they will leave behind.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Again, we really have no choices. It will business as usual in Washington, no matter who is elected.
I will agree 100%.

Quote:
One thing I will give to Obama, at least he has good organizational skills, he has run his campaign in a efficient manner. Both McCain and Clinton have gone broke and over spent their millions of dollars in contributions. Not very good management.
Running or managing a campaign is hardly a requisite for President.

Quote:
Experience? What has Clinton done? And being the wife of a philandering husband and first lady really doesn’t count.
No fan of Clinton here. Can't stand her. But she has held office as a U.S. Senator for 8 years. She has also been around the political machine most of her adult life. Again, I'm no fan and hell would freeze over before I voted for her.

Quote:
McCain? Helped sponsor a bill that gives amnesty to illegal immigrants?
Which is why conservatives, like myself, don't like him. I'm still not sure I will vote for him in November. If he wasn't 71 I might have considered it. At this point maybe I'll vote for Nader as a protest vote. If Bloomberg enters maybe I'll vote for him. We'll see.

Quote:
And his AZ campaign guy just got indicted in federal court for mail fraud, conspiracy, and a few other things, along with 2 other guys, facing 50 years in prison, although unrelated to his campaign, doesn’t show good judgment.
How can he possibly babysit every campaign official? There must be hundreds across the country that run campaigns for him. I don't think you can fault him for bad judgement for something he had no control over.

Quote:
I really don’t know why anyone would want to be President after Bush/Cheney and the mess they will leave behind.
It's all about padding your resume and boosting your ego. Not to mention the millions they make writing books and making speeches when they leave office.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Yeah, Nader is just what this country needs!!

Well, the good news is that it takes money to campaign, and Nader doesn't have much going for him!!

GObama'08!!
Useless, I am hoping and praying fervently that your GoBama08 tag is a joke. I mean, we don't agree on everything. The fact is usually we agree on most things so I can't believe that you are a true Obama supporter.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
And his AZ campaign guy just got indicted in federal court for mail fraud, conspiracy, and a few other things, along with 2 other guys, facing 50 years in prison, although unrelated to his campaign, doesn’t show good judgment.

How can he possibly babysit every campaign official? There must be hundreds across the country that run campaigns for him. I don't think you can fault him for bad judgement for something he had no control over.
Must have been "faulty intelligence" or "fuzzy math."
Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Corporations SHOULDNT PAY ANY TAX AS A WHOLE. Corporations are owned by the stockholders and investors and they already pay taxes. Taxing the corporations AND THE INVESTORS (owners) is double taxation.
If that were the "total" truth to the matter Sheep, I would agree. However, stockholders and investor's only pay capital gains taxes on earnings from their stock investments, after selling those stocks. They may also pay taxes on dividend pay outs, if they receive them. Most "dedicated" investors do not receive dividend pay outs, they re-invest them instead, there by delaying taxes. Of course....the taxes shareholders and investors pay, are significantly lowered, if the shareholder or investor is in the "major" classification. Once in that classification, there are "loopholes" which congress has left open for them(in US tax code), so that they do not have to pay quite so much(if any at all) in capital gains tax.

Now....just wondering here...why shouldn't ExxonMobil, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Dupont..or Dow..or Caterpillar, just to name a few, pay taxes on their profits? None of them have a dividend that would re-distribute their annual profits to the investors and shareholders in full, as is also true of most corporations.

After you explain why those companies shouldn't pay taxes, then explain why companies such as BayerAG, BP PLC, RoyalDutchShell PLC, Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., Solvay, or BHP Billiton, all foreign operating companies, should not pay taxes (on the portion of their profits which originate in the US, which are significant), to our country?

While most all of the companies I listed here pay their "working class" employees well...and their "upper management" even better...none of them are "truck rate" friendly.

Just wondering here.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Now, I feel hurt. Not even one mention of ME running for President of the United States. I'm REALLY HURT. Thanks guys. Thanks a bunch. :sad: :cry: :cry: :!:

Old 02-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

i still remember ross perot's televised speech on how he was going to do things. he brought out all kinds of graphs with a bunch of junk written. i just remember him saying, "no! we're going to do things MAH way!"

even though i was in the fourth grade at the time, i started laughing. it was mostly because of his accent and the way he said it.
:P
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Board Regular