User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Clinton "STOLE" the election!

Okay, that was just to get you in! I might be just a bit premature! :lol:

But, it is not so far fetched! She is trailing Obama in the primaries, and it's going to be a very close race! So, now we have the specter of the "Super Delegates" that COULD reverse the will of the people.... and possible lawsuits to "seat" the delegates that were "disenfranchised" in Michigan and Florida! :shock:

Haven't we SEEN this situation before? Surely, the DEMS won't resort to the tactics of the BUSH campaign!! :roll:

I don't know WHAT idiot thought it was a good idea to "exclude" the delegates of those two states, thinking it wouldn't come home to bite them. Sure, they broke some "convention" laws.... but you just can't take away the right of the people to VOTE, whether in a primary race OR a national election!

And WTF is this stuff about "super delegates" that can vote AGAINST the will of the people (if they have the cajones) and "select" the candidate that they WANT to represent us in the national election??

Smacks of the Supreme Court decision in 2000 to ME! :lol:

IF Hillary wins the nomination fair and square, I will DEAL with it! But, if she is "selected" because a few "party leaders" feel she is more electable against McCain..... then why do we even BOTHER to vote??

You all KNOW how I feel about the election of 2000! Now, perhaps you will understand that it is NOT "partisanship!" It is because of my DEEP belief in, and love for, our Constitution and our Individual freedoms and rights!

How can we "advertise" to citizens... and indeed "induce" them to VOTE by telling them it is not only their RIGHT.... but their DUTY...... when the reality of "politics" often disabuses them of that "priviledge?" :roll:

I am EMBARRASSED that my (registered) party is even DISCUSSING such possibilities, in light of how we felt about 2000!

I WELCOME any thoughts or criticisms of this "ordeal." I want to know what Y'all think! You can open up with both barrells if you want. Unfortunately, I won't have the pleasure of debating you over it!

It's NOT that I don't understand it..... I just can't BELIEVE it!

And I certainly can't support it! I would rather LOSE the election, than win it with a candidate that "may" have STOLEN THE PRIMARY!

So SUE me! Dammut..... I've got PRINCIPLES! :!: :!: :!:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Board Icon

Wow, you have a selective memory. :roll:

Apparently, you don't remember the Democrats pulling this exact tactic in 2004. Claiming that voters were disenfranchised and immediately filing suit over it, calling for delegates to vote against the will of the people, etc. etc. etc. etc. These are not, as you so eloquently put it, "tactics of the BUSH campaign". They are Democrat tactics that are very quickly becoming par for the course. :roll:
Old 02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Clinton "STOLE" the election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

But, it is not so far fetched! She is trailing Obama in the primaries, and it's going to be a very close race! So, now we have the specter of the "Super Delegates" that COULD reverse the will of the people.... and possible lawsuits to "seat" the delegates that were "disenfranchised" in Michigan and Florida! :shock:

Maybe the peopole in Mi. and Fl. need to wake up and really see what the core belief of their "party" is. ( I'll address this at the end )

Haven't we SEEN this situation before? Surely, the DEMS won't resort to the tactics of the BUSH campaign!! :roll:

They ( the DEMS ) have done far worse and for far longer. ( See the end )

I don't know WHAT idiot thought it was a good idea to "exclude" the delegates of those two states, thinking it wouldn't come home to bite them. Sure, they broke some "convention" laws.... but you just can't take away the right of the people to VOTE, whether in a primary race OR a national election!

And WTF is this stuff about "super delegates" that can vote AGAINST the will of the people (if they have the cajones) and "select" the candidate that they WANT to represent us in the national election??

IF Hillary wins the nomination fair and square, I will DEAL with it! But, if she is "selected" because a few "party leaders" feel she is more electable against McCain..... then why do we even BOTHER to vote??

You all KNOW how I feel about the election of 2000! Now, perhaps you will understand that it is NOT "partisanship!" It is because of my DEEP belief in, and love for, our Constitution and our Individual freedoms and rights!
How can we "advertise" to citizens... and indeed "induce" them to VOTE by telling them it is not only their RIGHT.... but their DUTY......
when the reality of "politics" often disabuses them of that "priviledge?" :roll:

Could you please point out to me the part in the Constitution that gives one the right to vote?

I am EMBARRASSED that my (registered) party is even DISCUSSING such possibilities, in light of how we felt about 2000!

I'm embarrassed for you. I always thought you a smarter person than that.

I WELCOME any thoughts or criticisms of this "ordeal." I want to know what Y'all think! You can open up with both barrells if you want. Unfortunately, I won't have the pleasure of debating you over it!

And I certainly can't support it! I would rather LOSE the election, than win it with a candidate that "may" have STOLEN THE PRIMARY!

IMHO this is a good example of how the leaders of the Dem. party think. They think that the Goverment needs to make all of your decissions for you. You really can't be trusted to vote for the person YOU think should run the country. That is why we have this little "plan" in place. Just in case you "think" you may know best, we can step in and really make the BEST decission for you. That is why we (the goverment) need to take over health care in the U.S. because you can't be trusted to make the "right" choice. See, we know you dont want to be saddled with all these hard decissions, that's why we're here. No mattes what the subject you just need to turn to us and let us make the "right" decission for you.

You'll see how much I'm helping you if you will just listen to some of my talking points. See, I am going to get the money to take care of you with the money I take from those evil, nasty rich people. See, they might not spend that money in the "right" way. I'll just take it away ( through taxes ) and I'll spend it in the "right" way.

Sadly there are many out there that fail to see this happening. Have you ever noticed that everttime something comes up that will give the people the power to choose for themselves the Dems. are against it? They REALLY don't believe you are smart enough to choose.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Senior Board Member

His selective memory does not remember that the dems. went to the Florida Supreme Court first to try to overturn the results of the election. The Republicans then went to the United States Supreme Court. The dems didn't want to count all the ballots, especially the overseas absentee ballots from our military.

When it was all said and done, the dust settled and all the ballots were counted, Bush won. I wonder why that didn't get much media play?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Super-Delegates explained...

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/edcut?bid=7&pid=266130
Old 02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Senior Board Member

FOZZY FOR PRESIDENT!!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Clinton "STOLE" the election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

How can we "advertise" to citizens... and indeed "induce" them to VOTE by telling them it is not only their RIGHT.... but their DUTY...... when the reality of "politics" often disabuses them of that "priviledge?" :roll:

my belief is that Hillary doesnt have a chance of becoming president, is she is giving the nomination, most people who would have voted for her will just stay home and not vote..
I cant bring myself to vote for any of the poor choices we get this time.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Board Regular

This goes back to when man first setup goverments.....the people of the nations are to stupid to decide anything for themselves so we have those men and women that are MUCH more intelligent than the rest of us to run things. :roll:

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The face of American politics in one word... corruption.

If you take care of this problem, then things can improve.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

As a FAR right conservative, I cant think of anything better to happen then for hillary to sue her own party to get those delegates in michigan and florida to count. Im still hoping for Hillary to win the nomination. Mainly because she will be a lot more fun to beat in the general election.
THe swiftboating of hillary will be so much fun to watch. Im a little sad that my party didnt get to be the downfall of hillary. Its not much fun watching her own party take her down. I was kind of hoping to hear one of those famous Clinton "vast right wing conspiracy excuses" for the reason she failed.
Im really not worried about obama. No sport in beating obamaon a national level. Sure, during the primaries hes done quite well, making great speeches and actually saying nothing. The uneducated vote is very powerful in the democrat party. However, when he gets into the national arena, that form of campaigning isnt going to work. He is going to be forced to actually take a stand on the issues and show his true liberal side. So just for the PURE ENTERTAINMENT, im still hoping for Hillary to win the nomination.
As far as McCain....YEAH THAT SUCKS...Cant stand the dude. But sometimes you just have to hold your nose and vote even if the canidate isnt really a conservative. At least hes a little to the right of obama and hillary. My best hope is that McCain chooses a good VP. That way when he dies in a few years from old age, I will get the president I want.