User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default worst case of "super trucker" you have run across?

I ran across my new record for a super trucker this week sitting at a truckstop. Got to talking to the guy on the cb and he proceded to talk about how he cant run now like he used to because he is not on his own authority anymore. He spoke of how he used to run from tunnel hill georgia to Yakima washington straight through stopping for nothing but fuel running 3 log books and running speeds of anywhere between 70 mph and an amazing 120 mph. when asked when he would stop to eat he said when he would do his one stop for fuel he would just grab 10 or 12 hot dogs and some drinks and roll with it. said he would go 42 hours straight non stop and he just had to make over the fact several times that he would run his rig up to 120 miles per hour.

42 straight hours non stop running between georgia and washington stopping for nothing but fuel, 3 log books, 120 miles per hour and 10-12 hotdogs and not one single stop by the police and no mechanical problems....
now thats a super trucker story....whats the best one you have heard lately? the only thing missing from this one is a story at the scale house involving calling the US Marshall
Old 12-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't think that story can be beat. That guy sounds like a true super trucker!

Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Well you can easily call BS on that story.

Tunnel Hill to Yakima is about 2450 miles, at 60 mph that would be 41 hours of driving and if he was really doing between 70 and 120 the whole way it would take a lot less time. :roll: :roll:

The best super trucker bit I heard and seen happened while sitting at a truck stop on I 10 in Texas. Truck pulled in with the driver running his mouth about how he had driven straight through from Los Angeles and as soon as he got some fuel and coffee he was heading out towards Jacksonville, FL and was asking for someone to run with him. When asked why he was running so hard his answer was just to see if he could.

He kept asking for someone who was a real runner to pass some miles with him but most drivers called him an idiot, etc. Finally one guy came on the radio and said he would run with him if he would wait for him at the exit while he got some fuel.

The super trucker stopped on the road just outside of the exit and next thing you know a Texas bear was pulling up behind him.

I watched all of this before going into eat and when I came out I seen the bear loading Mr Super trucker into the back of his squad car and a wrecker hooking up to the front of his truck.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001

Tunnel Hill to Yakima is about 2450 miles, at 60 mph that would be 41 hours of driving and if he was really doing between 70 and 120 the whole way it would take a lot less time. :roll: :roll:
I know you don't have to fuel every time you go to the store for diapers, but the rest of us have to fuel several times on a 2450 mile trip.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

got talking to a flatbed driver on the cb . he told me last month he got pulled in for a dot inspection, he said the officer came out from under the trailer with a 9/16 wrench and told him the brakes were out of adjustment and he was out of service. Driver says soooooooooooo
"I whipped out my federal marshall badge and arrested him. I told him he was lucky to be going to jail, I usually dont take prisoners"

funny thing, my cb stopped working after that
Old 12-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001

Sustained 120 mph would pop his tires in a heartbeat.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm drive a tri-axle dump for now. We were at a quarry waiting to get loaded when someone started the lies. This guy was telling us he missed the old days when he could haul 40 tons in his tri-axle back in the 70's. I can bearly haul 25 tons without the rock spilling over my side boards :roll:
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Driver
I'm drive a tri-axle dump for now. We were at a quarry waiting to get loaded when someone started the lies. This guy was telling us he missed the old days when he could haul 40 tons in his tri-axle back in the 70's. I can bearly haul 25 tons without the rock spilling over my side boards :roll:
Rocks must have weighed a lot more back then. :roll:

Old 12-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Driver
Rocks must have weighed a lot more back then. :roll:
yea, they were bigger
Old 12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I know you don't have to fuel every time you go to the store for diapers, but the rest of us have to fuel several times on a 2450 mile trip.
Which still would not account for the time taken at the speeds he was allegedly driving. I know math is not your strong suit but try to keep up anyway. :roll: :roll:

2450 miles at 70 miles per hour is 35 hours. Now if he spent 7 hours fueling and fixing hot dogs on that trip he has a real problem.

Do you understand now Rev-know-nothing or does someone need to come along with the 1st grade version written in washable crayons for you.

BTW: I know it is a lot to ask but maybe you can figure out a way to grow up just a little bit and get over your diaper fetish. :roll: