Old 10-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Did you see this Mesh news?

I was just at Topix and saw this article and thought of Slimland:

Quote:
Hernia Mesh Patch Recall -

FDA Warns of Death and Serious Health...

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/TE4DF83JKBNACOFNO
Karen Kline
Old 10-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Hello Consider How have you been?

I do know about the mesh, and I do have the same brand inside me, and this mesh that got recalled, was recalled 6 months after my surgery. But I found out there is a catch.. I have the mesh Plug and patch repair.. The one's recalled are the mesh with recoil ring and they are just a patch.. My surgeon was supposed to be back from Irag oct 1st, but come oct2nd I was told she will stay in Iraq untill december 3. So I have opted to go to pain managment, and see a phycologist to help with pain and fighting work comp, untill she returns..
The mesh I have according too two surgeons, needs to come out, my pain could be caused by plug migration, or loss of stitches, or just came undone. The thing is this stuff don't show up very well on sonagrams, catscans etc. All those have shown is I have small amout of Fluid in the surgical area under the mesh.. There are the possibilitys above which could have caused that, and then caused an infection, but it is walled off.

Thank-you for thinking of me Consider--you don't know what that means to me, exspecialy the hard time's I am going through.. I havn't been on here much, becuase there is not any good debate's going on that have my interest. But I do log in, a check every once in a while.

Thank-you
Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Senior Board Member

:shock: Thats scary. My husband had a triple-H surgery about 3 years ago or so; he seems fine tho; then again, when he is in pain or anything, he never says a word about it to anyone.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

(((((((Slimland)))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the pain. I'm really sorry to hear that. I was so hoping your surgeon had come back and things were better. December 3 must seem very far away.

I wonder if it's a bit related that I popped something in my back this afternoon... sharp pain... which could have happened because things have been even more stressful and I forgot to take serrapeptase and I couldn't walk because my knee kept buckling.

If you haven't seen my page on serrapeptase, take a look. I think serrapeptase helped my back because it removes... swelling... I forget exactly. When I started taking serrapeptase I wasn't convinced, I just thought it was worth a try... But the changes over a few months were impressive.

Up until today my back pain was entirely gone.

http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Serrapeptase.html

I sure hope you get some relief, and a LOT of relief soon.

(((((((((Slimland))))))))))

Karen Kline
Old 10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consider
(((((((Slimland)))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the pain. I'm really sorry to hear that. I was so hoping your surgeon had come back and things were better. December 3 must seem very far away.

I wonder if it's a bit related that I popped something in my back this afternoon... sharp pain... which could have happened because things have been even more stressful and I forgot to take serrapeptase and I couldn't walk because my knee kept buckling.

If you haven't seen my page on serrapeptase, take a look. I think serrapeptase helped my back because it removes... swelling... I forget exactly. When I started taking serrapeptase I wasn't convinced, I just thought it was worth a try... But the changes over a few months were impressive.

Up until today my back pain was entirely gone.

http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Serrapeptase.html

I sure hope you get some relief, and a LOT of relief soon.

Thank-you Consider--
I have looked at your site, and it looks like serrapeptase is for inflamation. Though I do have some, and have taken OTC and Prescription anti-inflamitorys, they do not work on the pain, and just kill my intestins..
I used to have a stomach of Iron, now that I am getting older, I have notice I don't have a lot of what I used to. Only in my head do I. :shock: ops: :lol:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Board Member

(((((((Slimland))))))))

I just had an answer almost complete and it closed and disappeared for some reason. Darn.

I had said how I've been taking magnesium since I read an article on how calcium can contribute to pain. I did a web page on it:
http://www.health-boundaries-bite.co...alNetwork.html

And, I mentioned that I use magnesium for headaches now, and it works great.

I said I saw on a forum that sugar can contrbute to pain, increase it, and I wondered if the fact I asked the people who deliver my evening meal during the week not to bring desserts any more since I didn't have a fridge anymore, had helped get rid of the pain.

And, I said I was taking Whey amino acids because the pain articles suggested that a particular amino acid was needed to ... I forget how it works, but it plays a part in reducing pain.

Also, on another forum I read an article about how each year over 5,000 Americans die from over the counter pain killers, like aspirin.

Let me see, what else.

I told you that I'd do all the things I did again, and I thought it might help if you were taking Methylcobalamin because it helps nerves. Pain is very stressful and stress reduces the B12 we have in our bodies. So the more pain we have, the more intense it begins to feel as our nerves become less and less healthy from the pain.

Oh... and I said how the periodontist had told me that Ibuprofen weakens the jaw bone, as does Fozimax. He's the best periodontist here in Santa Fe, and he said I have to have a portion of the bone in my jaw out because of the infection.

That's when I started taking the magnesium and whey amino acids, and ten or more grams of vitamin C a day to control the infection, which it does. (I'm 6 ft tall, so someone shorter and less heavy wouldn't need as much.)

It was better written the first time... sorry I lost the first one.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon. ((((((((Slimland))))))))

Karen Kline