User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Someone Says Thank You To the Drivers

I stumbled upon the topic "costumers show appreciation" in another forum. Lately the drivers in my area have had a bad rap because of a murder commited near the truck stops here. I am here to write something good about the drivers.

A while back I had a flat tired on I-78 in NJ. I had my 2 small children with me and was near the exit 7 truck stop. I thought it would be safer to stop there, than on the highway. I called AAA and they said they would be there in about 1 hour. So I waited and a lot of people parked in front of me and nobody would look at me, because them they would be obligated to help. An older gentleman driver asked if I needed help. I said "no thank" and told him AAA was coming. A driver from Knight pulled in and saw me. I guess after he gassed up, he saw I was still there and came over. I also told him AAA was suppose to come. Well, he and the other gentleman,who had come back, changed my tire in 10min.

I was very grateful for their help. The older driver disappeared on me. I had tried to pay the Knight driver, but he wouldn't accept the money. I called the Carlisle, PA terminal and told them what happened. Since I didn't think to get any names or drivers' numbers, there was no way to tell who they were or to put any acknowledgement of their good deeds to their records. A lot of people passed me by that day and it's nice to know that there are still good people out there.

And THANK YOU to those drivers-who ever you are.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

There are still a few Knights of the Road out there. Good post.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member

I would like to stop and help people but since am driving a dump uselly there is a paving crew or something waiting on me so i really cant stop and mess around. But if i had time to kill i would have no problem helpin a lady like her. We need more drivers out there like that.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug