User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default tired of the Iraq war and a Republican? vote for Ron Paul!

The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.

We can continue to fund and fight no-win police actions around the globe, or we can refocus on securing America and bring the troops home. No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution.

Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations.

Too often we give foreign aid and intervene on behalf of governments that are despised. Then, we become despised. Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists, or the Afghan jihads themselves, and their friend Osama bin Laden. We armed and trained them, and now we’re paying the price.

At the same time, we must not isolate ourselves. The generosity of the American people has been felt around the globe. Many have thanked God for it, in many languages. Let us have a strong America, conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Is this the official Ron Paul forum????????? My God - there are 8 posts in a row from the same idiot about Ron Paul.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Rookie
Default Re: tired of the Iraq war and a Republican? vote for Ron Pau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmon man
The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.

We can continue to fund and fight no-win police actions around the globe, or we can refocus on securing America and bring the troops home. No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution.

Under no circumstances should the U.S. again go to war as the result of a resolution that comes from an unelected, foreign body, such as the United Nations.

Too often we give foreign aid and intervene on behalf of governments that are despised. Then, we become despised. Too often we have supported those who turn on us, like the Kosovars who aid Islamic terrorists, or the Afghan jihads themselves, and their friend Osama bin Laden. We armed and trained them, and now we’re paying the price.

At the same time, we must not isolate ourselves. The generosity of the American people has been felt around the globe. Many have thanked God for it, in many languages. Let us have a strong America, conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.
I'm tired of Democrats and Republicans. The whole country would be better off if we fired every one of them and voted for a person that will do what the people want and not by party lines. Until this happens you can vote for Paul or anyone else it will just make marginal differences if at all. Just look what it took for illegal immigration amnesty. That was the voice of the people and probably the most heard from the people in decades and still was closer then what it should have been. Until we can get away from parties, adding crap to bills that will pass because they are good for the nation and going to get voted in so add crap to it so it will get passed as well (One bill one vote each and every time), senator’s and congress able to take money for their vote even legally, and NO Democrat or Republican party just the persons way of thinking instead of I’m a Democrat or Republican and by God that is how I vote crap then enjoy what we have because people have changed to much for this system to work anymore.

About the Iraq war me being retired military, GET THE DANG DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS OUT OF IT and let the General’s on down do what needs to be done (we are the experts in war it is by the way our life’s job) we will never lose. But add just one thing to the mix that isn’t strictly military and you have a huge problem every time.

Am I sick of the war in Iraq NO I’m sick of people that think they know crap and really don’t, sticking their nose in it. If they would just give us the money and not worry how many dang troops we have there and tie our hands every time we (as in military people) take a step this thing would have been over within the first year or two at the most. You can only have this many or the people will ask why so many, if you ask for this much money the same thing will happen so this is what we will give you at a time, and the best BS of them all, you can not go into that building or area because it is a no combat zone or building. But we have seen weapons going in and out. Doesn’t matter it will not look good if we do. HELLO neither does a war for what 5 YEARS and X amount of money is doing. We could have done it faster, with less money, and less loses of life if the American people and Government would stay out of it From the beginning till now.

So whose fault is it you are sick of the Iraq war. If you’re not a military member during the years in question then just look in the mirror more then likely you are the ones why money, troop build-up and withdraw cycle will continue to recur, and lose of life is so great.

Now that is something to think about.

You DANG people didn’t learn from the first time. Vietnam was the same way. We won both World Wars why, because we were allowed to fight it like a WAR. General's have your men kick their ass and don't stop to take names. You search every nook, cranny and building then you move on. Just because it is a mosque doesn’t mean you don’t look. Yes you can search my church if you like. Now bombing a church or mosque is totally different then searching and securing to rid it of weapons or to eliminate it having weapons. You know what would happen if we did search a mosque in Iraq you would find weapons and resistance fighters, they would shoot at us from the mosque. HELLO if they do that then is it really a legitimate mosque? NO Just an example.

We as in our military can win any war or battle but you can't tie our hands. We will fight it by the Geneva Convention laws as we are held to abide by them.

Just a few
* Attacks may be made solely against military objectives.
I'm talking searching mosque not attacking them.

* The red cross or red crescent on a white background is the distinctive sign indicating that such persons and objects must be respected.
Get to painting IRAQ but we still have the right to search just not attack.

You getting what I'm saying.

JMO
Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Board Regular

I agree totally in voting them all out. They, the administration and the Congress, have been a disservice to the country of late. The amount of fiscal irresponsibility, partisan posturing, corruption, airport bathroom antics, and general lack of concern for the future of working America is disgusting.

As for the Mideast. After 9/11 we had the support of the entire world to do whatever necessary to find and destroy those responsible for the cowardly attacks. Those persons were in Afghanistan and the Western tribal regions of Pakistan. Unfortunately, our country was led down another path by lying, incompetent and corrupt leaders in the White House. Bush as a personal vendetta, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitcz, Pearle, et al, to “experiment” with their “nut case” neo-conservative doctrine of “pre-emption.” And of course “secure” more oil. Thus they didn’t bother to listen to the Generals, Americans, or the world community (they had far bigger fish to fry, ie. Oil) and withheld needed troops and material from finding, capturing and hopefully killing those responsible for 9/11, in Afghanistan! The invasion of Iraq took precedence.
We as a nation, and our Armed Forces in particular, are now left with a mess, to say the least. We have lost considerable respect from the entire world community. Fostered dissent at home which is now dividing the nation. The threat is still there, maybe more so now, due to the astronomical blundering of the current administration.
I do not know why anyone would want to be the President and follow this administration, they will be left a monumental task of securing and exiting Iraq, finding those responsible for 9/11 and continue to fight terrorism, stopping the runaway spending of Congress and the exploding deficits, keeping the economy from recession, repair our international reputation, saving American jobs from outsourcing, dealing with immigration, on and on and on.
The elections are still over a year away. I am already tired of listening to all of them. Unfortunately, again, the majority of Americans, even from that particular party, will be left out of the nomination process. The candidates making the most promises to corporate America will secure the most corporate money, and will “win” their parties nomination.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member

i am still waiting for the green aliens to come down here in a flying saucer and lazer zap the entire congress. one can only hope.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Is this the official Ron Paul forum????????? My God - there are 8 posts in a row from the same idiot about Ron Paul.
No need to insult people.....keep reading my posts...maybe you will see the light!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member

You need to stop wasting your time with Ron Paul. He doesn't stand a chance. He doesn't have the name recognition or money to get close. I haven't wasted my time reading your other posts, but what the hell does this have to do with trucking?

If he wants to get on the ballot he needs to get with the Libertarian Party.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

M-O-O-N-B-A-T... A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Jihad...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: tired of the Iraq war and a Republican? vote for Ron Pau

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolsr1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmon man

I'm tired of Democrats and Republicans. The whole country would be better off if we fired every one of them and voted for a person that will do what the people want and not by party lines. Until this happens you can vote for Paul or anyone else it will just make marginal differences if at all. Just look what it took for illegal immigration amnesty. That was the voice of the people and probably the most heard from the people in decades and still was closer then what it should have been. Until we can get away from parties, adding crap to bills that will pass because they are good for the nation and going to get voted in so add crap to it so it will get passed as well (One bill one vote each and every time), senator’s and congress able to take money for their vote even legally, and NO Democrat or Republican party just the persons way of thinking instead of I’m a Democrat or Republican and by God that is how I vote crap then enjoy what we have because people have changed to much for this system to work anymore.

About the Iraq war me being retired military, GET THE DANG DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS OUT OF IT and let the General’s on down do what needs to be done (we are the experts in war it is by the way our life’s job) we will never lose. But add just one thing to the mix that isn’t strictly military and you have a huge problem every time.

Am I sick of the war in Iraq NO I’m sick of people that think they know crap and really don’t, sticking their nose in it. If they would just give us the money and not worry how many dang troops we have there and tie our hands every time we (as in military people) take a step this thing would have been over within the first year or two at the most. You can only have this many or the people will ask why so many, if you ask for this much money the same thing will happen so this is what we will give you at a time, and the best BS of them all, you can not go into that building or area because it is a no combat zone or building. But we have seen weapons going in and out. Doesn’t matter it will not look good if we do. HELLO neither does a war for what 5 YEARS and X amount of money is doing. We could have done it faster, with less money, and less loses of life if the American people and Government would stay out of it From the beginning till now.

So whose fault is it you are sick of the Iraq war. If you’re not a military member during the years in question then just look in the mirror more then likely you are the ones why money, troop build-up and withdraw cycle will continue to recur, and lose of life is so great.

Now that is something to think about.

You DANG people didn’t learn from the first time. Vietnam was the same way. We won both World Wars why, because we were allowed to fight it like a WAR. General's have your men kick their ass and don't stop to take names. You search every nook, cranny and building then you move on. Just because it is a mosque doesn’t mean you don’t look. Yes you can search my church if you like. Now bombing a church or mosque is totally different then searching and securing to rid it of weapons or to eliminate it having weapons. You know what would happen if we did search a mosque in Iraq you would find weapons and resistance fighters, they would shoot at us from the mosque. HELLO if they do that then is it really a legitimate mosque? NO Just an example.

We as in our military can win any war or battle but you can't tie our hands. We will fight it by the Geneva Convention laws as we are held to abide by them.

Just a few
* Attacks may be made solely against military objectives.
I'm talking searching mosque not attacking them.

* The red cross or red crescent on a white background is the distinctive sign indicating that such persons and objects must be respected.
Get to painting IRAQ but we still have the right to search just not attack.

You getting what I'm saying.

JMO
I just felt like quoting a long post :wink: