User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Saw a trucker have a bad day.

I stopped at a local burger joint to get some lunch. Blakes Lotaburger for those of you who know New Mexico. Anyways I noticed one of their trucks in the parking lot nose first with the driver talking to one of the cooks and what looked to be a customer at the back of the trailer near the entrance to the main road going past. The customer and the cook walked out into the street to stop traffic so the driver could back out and turn around. As it turned out, the driver was new to the company and didn't realize he needed to pull in to the OTHER entrance in order to get set up to make the delivery. ops:

Well while the truck was backing out, a lady in a Buick who decided she was too important to stop tried to drive passed the cook. The cook shouted to her to stop because of the truck. She started screaming that she was late for something and didn't have time to stop and that she was going to call the cops, blah blah. She was already on her cell talking to someone so I don't think she ever did. :evil:

Well the driver got the trailer and tractor into the street but needed the car to move in order to pull forward. He drove the truck up to the Buick and shouted "Do you want an accident? Then please back up!" The lady said something unpleasant and backed up so the truck could pull forward, then she put it into drive and peeled out, taking off at a clear high rate of speed. :?

There was a cop that was waiting in traffic going the opposite direction. Did he pull the lady over? Nope, he pulls into the parking lot, gets out and demanded the truck drivers license and proceeded to tell him that what he did was illegal and that he'd recieve a citation for impeding traffic next time. :roll:

The officer got in his car and left. The driver, clearly frustrated over this, got into the trailer and started breaking down the freight so it could be unloaded. I held my tongue but I really wanted to say something to the officer.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Board Regular

I think you should have talked to the driver, offering to appear in court for him as a witness. That is unless he pleaded guilty on the spot.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Board Icon

Should have stopped holding your tongue and dished it out at the cop.

I had a guy drive behind me and park while I was backing up at a convience store. I popped the brakes and hopped out and asked him to move that I was backing up and he was in my way. He got chit mouth with me so I told him to move his POS or I was running the truck over. He sat and laughed until I got back in the truck and started backing up again, he not only moved his truck but left the store parking lot and went elsewhere. I'm not usually like that but he had no reason to get nasty with me, I asked him nicely first. When that didn't work I tried another approach. F him for not paying attention to me backing up and then getting nasty with me.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Board Icon

If yall havent ever been through Wichita Falls, we have US 287 that runs though here. Anyway, we have an "overhead" overpass that passes over downtown now. It got built a couple years ago. Used to, all of 287 traffic drove through downtown, through all the stop lights. Anyway, my dad, and I was running errands a while back. We were getting off the exit from 287, to go to downtown, through the lights. A truck with an unmarked dry van was in front of us. He was in the left lane, and he needed to get in the right lane, (3 lanes of traffic) so he can jump on 82 west. It was about 1:00 or so in the afternoon. Of course all the dumb yahoos were heading back to work from lunch. He had his turn signal on. I have a radio in my pickup, and I told him to "bring her on over." He thanked me, and he told me that he needed to get on 82 west. I told him that he had to be in the right lane, etc. So, I was able to find a hole in the traffic, and was able to block off the idiots. His turn signal was on the whole time, and of course, people are blind. :P
After he made his way over to get where he needed, there was a lady in a Chevrolet Tahoe that was on my right side. She was boiling mad, and she was on the phone while she was giving me dirty looks. My dad, and I just waved, and smiled. That made it all worse. She ended up turning on a side street, but what makes these nutcases think that they are more important than professional truck drivers.

http://watsonsysco.com/