User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default This was strange

Last week I was going west on I-10 through Mississippi, I am grossing 79,980 pounds. I cross the weigh in motion and I get the sign " truck okay to bypass scales" I deliver and head back empty. cross sensor on eastbound side and get sign " tuck must enter weigh station" I went through and was not stopped so I wonder why it made me pull in? Stupid sign!!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Senior Board Member

They probably had things set up to pull in every "X" truck regardless of how much they weighed.

What I really love is the scales houses that use pre pass and the weigh in motion bit on the highway. More than once I have gotten a green light on the pre pass and the sign says to pull in to weigh or have it go the other way around. :roll: :roll:
Old 09-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: This was strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Last week I was going west on I-10 through Mississippi, I am grossing 79,980 pounds. I cross the weigh in motion and I get the sign " truck okay to bypass scales" I deliver and head back empty. cross sensor on eastbound side and get sign " tuck must enter weigh station" I went through and was not stopped so I wonder why it made me pull in? Stupid sign!!
I believe I have an answer; at least for those of us in north Missisippi:

They turn the scale signs "OPEN". That way word will get around that the scales are OPEN.
But they're not open. They want the bad guys to take the back roads around the scale - and that's where they are waiting.
It works, too..........friend of mine landed a whopping 1100$ fine because he was WAAAAAY overweight and went around the "OPEN" scale.