User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Let me see if I can clarify my response to, and the nature of, the recent debate between Gordo and Fozzy. As usual, I was in a bit of a rush, and AGAIN failed to totally comprehend the issue. (My apologies!)

Gordo quoted an article that, I believe, largely dealt with the issue of amnesty for illegal immigrants (though not SOLELY.) Since it was on a thread about the Pilot program, Fozzy rightly asked what it had to do with the Mexican drivers at issue.

I guess I further muddied the waters by "keeping score" for the fun of it.

To clarify.... I believe it IS possible that the drivers coming across the border in the Pilot program, MAY in the near future ALSO have some greater access to citizenship, since they will know the language, AND be "considered" to be adding to the economy and the betterment of America (in someone's warped opinion.)

However, Calderon's statement had MORE to do with the illegal immigrant problem. I believe Gordo AND myself, focused on THIS pool of workers who might SOON and easily gain access to our jobs.

What does ONE have to do with the OTHER?? Simple. Calderon believes that there should be NO obstacles, and GREATER cooperation (laws) to allow ANY Mexican citizen, whether working illegally in the U.S., OR still domiciled in Mexico but WANTING to "usurp" the rights and rewards of American citizens, to have a FREE PASS, and INSTANT rights, to migrate to the United States for that "better life."

Having FAILED to provide this better life for his own citizens, he is forcefully lobbying for his people's "perceived" right to rape and pillage the better economy of America! He has openly claimed a RIGHT to a sizable slice of the American pie, and is intent on achieving it as part of HIS legacy!

It is no wonder that he is in support of the SPP! And it is no wonder that he tacitly approves a mass (and illegal) migration of his "problem" to America! With historical precedence, and the current administration's complacency, he has EXPORTED his burden of responsibility onto OUR shoulders, and is aggressively pursuing it as his MAJOR foreign policy agenda.

What clout does he have to do so? Well... there's the enormous oil reserves that he threatens to align with Chavez. There's also the REAL threat to our economy and food supply chain that he controls by dominating the produce harvest in the Western and Southwestern states. There is also the fact that we RELY heavily on him to stem the flow of illegal drugs (and indeed PEOPLE) into our country.... not to mention terrorists and their WMD.

To say that Bush is some "strongman" who won't cave to foreign pressure, is total Bee ESS!!! All of his grand posturing in the Middle East is, to some extent, just a smoke screen to obscure the fact that, our security DOES rely heavily on the cooperation and participation of our Southern "neighbor." And without MAJOR concessions to Calderon, he is POWERLESS to protect our borders!

It may be just a BIT of a stretch.... but I submit that our current "conflict" with Mexico, and it's possible ramifications for our security, both physical and economic, COULD be likened to the Cuban Missile Crisis of '62. [sorry, that was a typo!]

Unfortunately, without the iron will of a President Kennedy, the total absence of ANY form of "blockade," and in fact a campaign of "appeasement" towards the invader AND our own citizenry....

.... this time it is WE who have "blinked!"

I am NOT "Mexiphobic" as Fozzy would say. I have no problem with them. Neither am I comparing them to Communists. In fact, with no disrespect intended, I am "objectively" considering them no differently than I would an invasion of Fire Ants or Killer Bees! Or perhaps more accurately.... to the historic examples of cultural obliteration by the invading hordes of the Mongols or the Moors.

I firmly believe that American society, and our economy, is under attack. By the Muslims perhaps... but not so much as by ALL Third World countries who have nothing so sinister in mind other than a DESIRE to share what we have. And even the greenest of West Point graduates would know that the most aggressive assault is coming from our Southern border!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
When did the president say that? This is fantasy again.
Bush said:

Quote:
“I assured the president-elect [Calderon] that the words I said … about a comprehensive immigration vision are words I still believe strongly,” Bush said, in reference to his desire to have a temporary guest-worker program that would allow some illegal immigrants to the United States to become eligible for citizenship.
http://usinfo.state.gov/xarchives/di...mfuak0.6738703

Fozzy, you are evading the subject. You know darn well what Bush's intentions are! And you KNOW that he has threatened to VETO any bill that doesn't meet his "proposals."

If you HAVE NO intelligent response, just SAY SO! Few, if any here, will be surprised.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
If you HAVE NO intelligent response, just SAY SO! Few, if any here, will be surprised.
You nailed it on the head.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Bush said:

Quote:
“I assured the president-elect [Calderon] that the words I said … about a comprehensive immigration vision are words I still believe strongly,” Bush said, in reference to his desire to have a temporary guest-worker program that would allow some illegal immigrants to the United States to become eligible for citizenship.

Fozzy, you are evading the subject. You know darn well what Bush's intentions are! And you KNOW that he has threatened to VETO any bill that doesn't meet his "proposals."

You keep eating those apples and oranges your gonna get the squirts!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bush said:

Quote:

You keep eating those apples and oranges your gonna get the squirts!!!
IBID