User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wow

Company will pay the fine? what an attitude.

My company not only didnt pay those fines, i once got written up for having a flat. I did an honest to god pti (tires lights etc). Left up near rittman, oh. Pulling through scales they stopped me, wrote me up and made me get it changed. The morons in safety at my company decided i should have psychicly (sp?) known. I was about to yell at them when i got there but a buddy was there and we started laughing about it so hard i just left.

On the other hand the guy going down ME may have known and had to take it to a shop to fix.

On a side note i seriously dont get why people freak out so much over monteagle. It isnt even in the top 5 most dangerous stretches in the SE imho.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
We seem to have allot of that out here anymore! Going though OK today, there was a container hauler ahead of me, no brake light on one side, and no turn signal on the other, and a flat inside rear to boot! Called him on the radio, and he actually answered, told him of the issues, and guess what the response was ....!

Ahhh, I ain't worried about it, the company will pay the fine!

That was not the point, but oh well, guess we cannot fix stupid!

Although I hate calling in on another driver, sometimes they just deserve it! About a month ago had to call in on a Schneider truck coming out of Laredo, the right brake chamber on the rear axle was hanging from the air lines, :shock: , just a little beyond unsafe on that one. Since Schnieders dispatched did not seem to care, claiming that the trailer number I gave them could not be on the road, since it was in the shop, hmm :?, Texas DPS was more than happy to dispatched 2 units to intercept this unfortunate and uncaring driver. Sure he will do a better pre-trip next time!

Picked up one of our trailers that had been across the border, had to replace the license plate light, one clearance light and one taillight before I could roll yesterday. Certainly you cannot expect the drivers across the border to pre-trip a trailer, now could you?

Later all,

Dont feel bad about it. you may have saved a life. sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do..
Old 08-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i agree, no brake lights are bad but cause an accident?? can you say unassured clear distance?
well, you never know when Joe super trucker is going to be coming down the hill at 65 mph . I follow back enough so I can realize that the car or truck in front of me is stopping, but there are a lot of drivers out there who ride your bumper and the only they can see is your tailights.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Board Icon

Doesn't matter that nobody should run into the back of you, it does happen, a lot. When it happens, DOT is going to show up and write you for not having tail lights and then they will go ahead and start checking the rest of your unit over to see what else is wrong. That fellow truck driver may hold his distance so as not to run into you, but as Fredog said, what about BBR or those pesky 4 wheelers who aren't paying attention until it's too late.

Neighbor was in a head-on in his dump truck, driver in a Caddy was determined to have committed suicide. Neighbor got cited for having his tag light burnt out even though it had nothing to do with the crash.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i guess too bad for them for not paying attention and tailgaiting. by the way i did not say he was ok driving with no brake lights, it was stupid.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM

8) How do you know it was the driver with the faulty break lights that came on the radio? You know there are 1or 2 jerks out there just waiting to ste :twisted: w the chit!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh
Default Re: A very unprofessional Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Friday afternoon, I pull into the brake check station before heading east bound down monteagle, the US Express truck in front of me stops at the light, and I tell him on the c/b that he has no brake lights on his trailer, he says thanks and heads off down the mountain, not a care that he might cause a wreck, maybe he couldnt have fixed them, but he didnt even bother to try. since he was empty ( judging by the way he took off) and I was loaded I couldnt get his truck number, I would have called us express and voiced my complaint about this lazy uncaring steering wheel holder, I imagine he had one of 2 thoughts, either, he was dropping the trailer and figured someone else could worry about it, or he was heading to the shop and figured they could fix it and he didnt need to bother, either way, it was very unsafe thing to do, I hope he made it okay. and I hope everyone behind him made it also
A complete and utter arsehole eh? Too many of em on the road these days. Sad to say

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit