Old 08-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
2. They are clearing the pipe of gas because the next load is Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. This is the new diesel that everybody will soon be running. One gallon of gas can ruin a 1000 gallons of ULSD. And the pipes will hold 2-5 gallons, depending weather they are efficient at unloading the fuel. Sometimes, a small amount will be left, and it's unavoidable.
Isn't that something Your supposed to do at the rack? It's mandatory that we do it that way.

If they catch us with a gas can in our car on company property.... no questions asked. Your fired. Something I also didn't know is that stealing gas is a federal offense because uncle Sam isn't getting the tax money they deserve.

Come on tell us. What company?

Talking to the older guys it used to be common practice to take the gas left in the trailers till it was abused.
Remember, the first choice was flat out stealing.

As far as draining at the racks, some racks forbid it. Period. Do it there, and be banned for life. This rack is Citgo of Ft. Worth.

Some have drain hoses, and one demand it. That would be Chevron in Ft. Worth.

On a exit, i would go with door number 1. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Board Regular

Can't remember the name of the company off hand but a fuel hauler in NY state just had two owners and another manager for the company indicted for stealing tens of millions by shorting shipments to gas stations for the last decade. Sell station A six thousand gallons deliver five and collect the full price then reload trailer. Sell station B six thousand gallons, deliver five, collect the full price. Few more deliveries you got yourself a full free tanker to sell. Article was in bulk hauler magazine recently.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Did they put the containers in their trucks when they pulled off? My SUV reeks like fuel when I go down the block to get gas for my mower :shock:
Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Board Regular

Many years ago in Chicago there were these guys who hauled fuel into the Amtrak yard. The tanks were over head, so a pump was required on the truck. As they pumped the fuel, a meter at the bottom of the tank measured how much went into the tank. An enterprising young O/O decided one night to see what happened when he reversed his pump and took some fuel back out, and soon realized the meter only spun when fuel was going in. So, pump 6000 gallons in, take 500 back to sell elsewhere.

The problem came in when the word spread, and some got greedy. Greedy to the point of taking the whole load back. It wasn't until there was no fuel to fill up the locomotives that Amtrak caught wind something was wrong So they started watching the drivers, noticing that the trucks were not bouncing over the tracks on the way out like an empty gas tanker should and caught several leaving with full trailers.

Those guys are probably just about ready to be released from the federal prison as we speak.:lol:

I had a good friend that was in on it at the beginning, but as soon as the others started getting greedy, he stopped, knowing it was going to hit the fan.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Senior Board Member

This reminds me wqhen i bought 50 gallons for 50 bucks at a truck stop a year ago. :lol:
Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Did they put the containers in their trucks when they pulled off? My SUV reeks like fuel when I go down the block to get gas for my mower :shock:
No - they put them into a dogbox on the side of the trailer.