User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey Skywalker, unfortunately Elmdor who posted … “don't worry, you're not missing much. It’s just another one sided 'truckers are bad drivers and cause every accident on the road' kind of video.” is grossly wrong on his take of the video.

And Snowman 7, you said, “It was a waste of time for something labeled ‘must see’".
Really now, Snowman?!!

Shame on both of you!

The link posted by LA to Cleveland, who started this thread, is a pictorial video titled "Nightmares of Trucking." It is a tribute to all the drivers, including the passenger vehicle drivers – but perhaps moreso, the truck drivers, who may have lost their lives in each of the individual accident photos.

At the beginning of the video are two separate statements that say:
“This is dedicated to all those who have lost their lives on the highway.”
And,
“Administration (NHTSA), 71% of the fatal accidents involving two or more vehicles – in which one is a truck – are caused by the other vehicle, usually a car.”

Therefore, if over 7 out of 10 fatal accidents involving a truck are NOT the truck driver’s fault, how can anyone say this video is another slam against truck drivers? It is NOT! It is just the opposite! Perhaps someone is trying to over-promote the poor us martyr syndrome.

Mattangcobra got it right when he said “I guess you guys didn't read the front of the video. It said that 71% of wrecks involving trucks are the fault of the 4 wheelers. It was worth watching."

The pictorial video ends with a picture of a rainbow, and then switches to a picture of an American bald eagle superimposed above an American flag and reads “Proud to be a TRUCKER” for its final picture.

EGADS! Some of you guys need to enroll in a Reading-Viewing-and Comprehension class, ASAP!

The complete pictorial video is underscored with a beautiful and solemn song played on a single bagpipe.

In case some of you may not read this thread again, I feel somewhat obligated, why – I don’t know, to correct some previous misinformation in reference to this thread. Therefore, I will also email this post to you.

Sincerely,

Class B

P.S. Below are some recent posts of viewers from YouTube.

Comments & Responses Post a video response
Post a text comment

Most Recent ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Oldest
warspite2 (5 hours ago)
Nice video man! Me, I am not going to turn my truck over, lose control or crash to avoid anything. If I can't stop, I am running them over. I'm sorry but I am not putting myself and/or others in danger.
(Reply)
fryloc359 (9 hours ago)
I had to go back and look again at 2:03... I used to drive for those guys and almost had an incident like that about 200 yards from the drop lot where I park for the weekend. Keep your eyes peeled 100% of the time.
(Reply)
chainsmokinchick (2 days ago)
My hubby drives I go with him all the time. This is heartbreaking to watch. I think they should show this to everyone before youre allowed to drive a car. There's nothing that can turn my blood to ice water quicker than watching how carelessly car drivers drive around big trucks.
I got much love for all truckers. I only wish you guys got the respect you deserve.
(Reply)
truckertwotimes (3 days ago)
Good Video
(Reply)
BigRickSharpe (4 days ago)
Thanks to the old school truckers who told me never show out, just get there safe Charlie Guy, Mike Foster,Rattcliff, my late father in law Jesse Dixon, who did in his days of trucking drink n drive sadly, thankfully only runied the tractor and had lic. yanked! I have driven for Swift, TSMT, Warner, and Lessors Inc. TSMT outta Joplin was the best esp. I had since the Army, and if I had my own rig again I'd sign on there.
(Reply)
jeepkid7998 (1 week ago)
I didnt see a single Baby Blue Gordon trucking rig....
(Reply)
motleyphuckincrue (1 week ago)
Bag pipes are a Memorial of "Honor"
(Reply)
motleyphuckincrue (1 week ago)
I'm sorry ya feel that way as I grew up around trucks & now drive 1 to feed my family & pay my mortgage. Good luck dude! American(I give a shit) truck driver......
(Reply)
tukawuvy (1 week ago)
1,000,013 accident free mile then one day comming down a mountain pass during a snow storm, my speed less than 20 mph an then all of a sudden a car pulled out in front of me from the side of the road. Ruined my record of accident free driving and no I live daily with the memories of the death of the driver of the car on my mind and I'm no longer driving my 18 wheeler.
V8dieselpower (2 weeks ago)
I'm driving a truck for one month now.
Ive had my share of bad things already, last week I almost jack-knifed(spelling?), it was raining very hard and some idiot in a car overtook me and slammed the brakes to take the exit.
(Reply)
pittbulldawg (2 weeks ago)
To all my fellow trucker brothers and sisters, DO your jobs safely and remember we are professionals. I hope I don't see anymore of us like in these pictures. Keep em rolling fellas!
(Reply)
almostsims (3 weeks ago)
My uncle is a trucker, and some of these pictures made me shiver.
(Reply)
truthabouttrucking (4 weeks ago)
This video is a sad truth. I've been in trucking over 25 years now and have seen my share of this. Very sad indeed. This is a major reason why I am such an advocate of driver safety. The Trucking Schools should show this video instead of pushing the students out the door in a few short weeks, only to take their money.
(Reply)
milehi62 (4 weeks ago)
As a Career firefighter and part time trucker I see both sides of this way to often. Most of the time the 4 wheelers caused the mishap. Remember accidents happen but stupidity is a must.
(Reply)
trucker2478 (4 weeks ago)
this video made me misty eyed.......this coming from a fellow truck driver...... i agree you cant get out of some situationthat u may cause or the 4 wheeler and thate bad part is they will try and blame the driver of the truck
(Reply)
roaklin (1 month ago)
As a driver, I have seen to many brothers and sisters end up this way. Godpseed to them all. People dont relise that as big and as powerful as a rig is, it's only ever inches away from a wreck at any moment. Please drive careful.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class B
And Snowman 7, you said, “It was a waste of time for something labeled ‘must see’".
Really now, Snowman?!!
Yeah, really. I cant speak for Elmdor but I did read the beginning. I found it boring and as all18wheels alluded to, corny. Sorry if I dont get all teary eyed over some pictures set to Amazing Grace.

Call me what you will but also dont send me the chain emails about some missing child either.

I see accidents all the time and I am well aware of who causes the majority of them.

I've also been to a drivers funeral, and I did cry.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Rookie

Snowman7 wrote:

Quote:
"Yeah, really. I cant speak for Elmdor but I did read the beginning. I found it boring and as all18wheels alluded to, corny. Sorry if I dont get all teary eyed over some pictures set to Amazing Grace.

Call me what you will but also dont send me the chain emails about some missing child either.

I see accidents all the time and I am well aware of who causes the majority of them.

I've also been to a drivers funeral, and I did cry."

OK, Snowman7, I will gladly take back the "shame on you" I included you in. It doesn't pertain to you anymore. I just wasn't able to read in between the lines of your preceding post. Nor was it my intention to stir up any sad memories or experiences.

As far as calling you "what you will", I will only call you a respected and honorable individual, who happens to drive truck.

Warm Regards,

Class B
Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Class B I'm just a self admitted cynic(sp?) and hard to impress. It's not a big deal I just thought it was boring. I dunno maybe I just wasnt in the mood to get sentimental!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdrdog
It worked for me to and I'm using linux .
Get a real OS you stupid dweeb! Windows(tm) Vista(tm) Home(tm) Premium(tm) Advanced(tm) Edition(tm) offers you TEN TIMES THE VIRUSES AT 400,000% THE PRICE!

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!