User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DUMP TRAILER WORK in VIRGINIA

I have 4 tractors with dump trailers sitting. I have 2 end dumps (1 framless and 1 framed), and 3 side dumps not working! If you know anything in this area, or between MD and SC where I could work these trucks STEADY........drop me a line, or give me a call at 540-840-2477

Thanks.

Pork Chop
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Board Icon

Pork, around the I-95 corridor in Fredericksburg you could try Colonial/Ennstone INC. They do a lot of hauling with end dumps from Rt.3 out by King George up to Winchester and Front Royal. I see a number of O/O's pulling sand and stone for them along with their own fleet of trucks. 540-775-5773 and 540-775-0950

Have you tried giving Reece a call, they are out of Dumfries I think. They do a lot of hauling from NOVA down to Richmond. I have heard Steve Reece is a jerk to work under but I have no idea about being an O/O for him or if he even has that stuff.

I would suggest Duffield but I have heard some real bad things about them and I don't think they do anything other than company drivers.

We have some mulch haulers down this way that might need some help. 2 places off of Rt. 29 in Culpeper at the Brandy Rd. exit. Have no idea what their names are, so I can't help with a phone number.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Rookie
Default Hey Hey

Hey man, give me a ring sometime to talk in person about this! I called Duffield today but the rude lady wouldnt tell me no info other then ick up a haul packet and fill it out: I kinda wanna get an idea of what and how they pay before going to step 2, ya know?? As far as the mulch goes......I know MOST guys haul with a walking floor, but...like I said, we got 4/5 trucks and at least 4 trailers sitting right now. Could the mulch be hauled in a side dump?? Give me a call sometime when you get a mintue to discuss!

Chop 540-840-2477
Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Board Icon

Stay away from Duffield. I looked at them 2 years ago and saw nothing but trouble, especially for company drivers. You break it, you buy it seems to be their motto. You blow a tire or need one replaced because it's worn out, you the driver will have it deducted from your paycheck last I heard. They haul a lot of crap and when I say crap, I mean do-do. Very nasty, dirty work.

I have never seen a side dump. :sad:

Here is the number to Reece, (703) 441-0999 I have no idea what all they haul but the company drivers get paid darn well if you can put up with Steve Reece.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Rookie
Default Hey

Hey,

Thanks for that info. I know duffield has been into the sludge and contaminated dirt for sometime now 15+ years. I don't mind it, it seems to pay at least $35 per ton here lately. I'm just trying to get some of these trucks that are sitting on the road! I'm in a dump truck now for who I work for, and they have a KW, a PETE, a FL, and WS just sitting with trailers.....its a shame that they can't be working! But.....I guess its cheaper to have them sit then barely paying the billz and driver! If you guess ever get anymore leads.....throw'em over to me! Thanks again, and keep the info coming!

Chop
Old 08-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Board Regular

Duffield is probably your best bet to stay busy. The construction market kind of fell apart here in northern VA, but every body has to poo so duffield will probably be OK.