User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Karl Krueger for President '08

Check out Karl Krueger's website: http://www.krueger08.org/

He is a fellow trucker, straight shooter, and would make a great candidate. It is time we get the politicians out of politics. Time for a real American in the White House.

What ya'll think?
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 08-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Karl Krueger for President '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman

He is a fellow trucker, straight shooter, and would make a great candidate. It is time we get the politicians out of politics. Time for a real American in the White House.

What ya'll think?

Neat idea, just not practical.

Look, I don't like it anymore than you do, but we once had a President named Jimmy Carter who had the same good intentions. He was from outside the beltway, and with the exception of Walter Mondale, he built his cabinet and advisors around outsiders as well.

Now, I do believe that Carter was a good and decent man, but, speaking as a Democrat, he was not a strong or effective President. One of the reasons that his administration was such a failure was because he had no one who could handlr the deal making and brokering inside the beltway smoke-filled rooms.

Even if this guy had a snowball's chance in Hell of winning the White House, he would have no political base upon which to operate.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Karl Krueger for President '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman

What ya'll think?

Neat idea, just not practical.

Look, I don't like it anymore than you do, but we once had a President named Jimmy Carter who had the same good intentions. He was from outside the beltway, and with the exception of Walter Mondale, he built his cabinet and advisors around outsiders as well.

Now, I do believe that Carter was a good and decent man, but, speaking as a Democrat, he was not a strong or effective President. One of the reasons that his administration was such a failure was because he had no one who could handlr the deal making and brokering inside the beltway smoke-filled rooms.

Even if this guy had a snowball's chance in Hell of winning the White House, he would have no political base upon which to operate.
Point well taken, but, look at this - not only do we have a Presidential elections coming up in 2008 - but 1/3 of the U.S. Senate seat are up for the taking and all 435 seats of the Legislature are up. So, with that in mind, take out the trash and bring in new blood across the board.

An American Revolution without any blood shed!

Think of this also! I get so tired and fed-up with the Democrats this, the Republicans that! What the H***, are they not Americans first and foremost. I want to know that the person representing me is and American to serve the interest of the people, not the interest of the Democratic or Republican party or the Special interest as****** that are trying to crush the trucking industry.

So be it, catch you all later.
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 08-11-2007, 04:27 AM
Senior Board Member

I understand what you are saying, Countryhorseman!!

The problem is, as you just stated, that 1/3 of the Senate us up for re-election......and there is no legitimate third party out seriously campaigning for them.

No President can lead or govern without a political base, and as we saw in the second term of THe Nixon Administration, as well as The Carter Administration. We also saw that happen during the Ford administration when, in the aftermath of Watergate, combined with a very serious recession coupled with double digit inflation and rising interest rates, President Ford was left to deal with a veto-proof congress.

When a President loses his political base, or fails to build a solid political base, or, for whatever other reasons, is left without a solid base on The Hill, the world can become a rather dangerous place.

Although I was no fan of Billary Clinton, I must give credit where credit is due. During the first two years of the Clinton Administration, the screw-ups and mangling of (non-extramarital) affairs, combined with the political savvy of Newt Gingrich, (like him or not, he was a very astute politician) caused The Revolution of 1994 not only in Washington, but also within the ranks of Governor's Mansions, as well as legislative balances at state-wide levels. That bloodless revolution caused the political machinery to be handed over to The Republican Party on a national and statewide level.

I would love to see a serious, legitimate 3rd party in America, but there is hardly unanimity in respects to what that "third party" would stand for, or what agenda that would be persued............... so at least for now, we are stuck with a two party system, and very few attractive candidates.

All we can do right now is to try to make the best of things.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Board Icon

Countryhorseman said:

Quote:
Point well taken, but, look at this - not only do we have a Presidential elections coming up in 2008 - but 1/3 of the U.S. Senate seat are up for the taking and all 435 seats of the Legislature are up. So, with that in mind, take out the trash and bring in new blood across the board.
I didn't check out the website yet, but I agree it's time for a "house" cleaning! The President "may" need people who are insiders, but our "representatives" should be more of the average Joe! The only problem with getting this former trucker into power, is we might also mess up and fill all the seats in Congress with Truckers! Then, they'd NEVER agree on anything, and more of NOTHING will get done! :roll: :lol:

Quote:
An American Revolution without any blood shed!
That's gonna really disappoint of few of my favorite gun toters on this board! :wink:

Quote:
Think of this also! I get so tired and fed-up with the Democrats this, the Republicans that! What the H***, are they not Americans first and foremost. I want to know that the person representing me is and American to serve the interest of the people, not the interest of the Democratic or Republican party or the Special interest as****** that are trying to crush the trucking industry.
I'll admit to playing my part in that kind of "debate," but the reason is exactly what you are saying! When a Representative steps before a microphone, you can predict what he will say 90% of the time. It will be just MORE of the party line "water toting!" They no longer "represent" anyone but the POWER base that keeps them in office, and tells them what to think and say!

Part of the reason, I believe, that so many Americans feel "disenfranchised" is that they are not really represented at all in the states that they live in. What I mean is... a Red state will normally elect almost ALL Republican representatives and senators. the NUMBER of these representatives is apportioned based on population, but it's winner take all if there happens to be a few more voters of one party or another living there. What about all the minority party believers in that state? Don't they have similar concerns and issues?

It has become a "shell game" of inducing certain political persuasions to live in certain areas, for the purpose of "loading" the Congress in a certain manner. Why does America HAVE to be a place of "Majority Rule?"

By all accounts, there are pretty much an equal number of citizens in EACH of the two main parties. Why not apportion the number of representatives by population (for good reason,) but just say there has to be an equal number from each party... so that ALL inhabitants of a state are represented? I know... some will say: "Stalemate! Nothing would get done!" Well... not much is getting done anyway, and what is, is usually detrimental to half the population. And then the pendulum swings, and we spend years "undoing" what little got done by the last Congress! :roll:

Perhaps, faced with equal numbers of votes, our representatives would decide.... "Hey! Why don't I just vote my conscience?" Seems there would be MUCH more "reaching across the aisle!"

I for one, could stomach a vote I disliked much more easily if I thought it really WAS his position, instead of just more "party speak!"

Anyway.... just a thought. Just my opinion. And didn't I do a pretty good job of "toning down the rancor" I'm so adored for?? :lol: :lol:

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Board Regular

If he's related to Freddie, he gets my vote. :wink:
Old 08-12-2007, 03:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by continental
If he's related to Freddie, he gets my vote. :wink:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW!! Talk about finding ways to SLASH government!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Senior Board Member

It would take a little while, but I have been saying this for the past several months.

For the next 3 elections, regardless of how well they are doing the job elect someone else to do the job. Do not re-elect anyone. Then by the time the 4th election rolls around lets see how well an elected official listens to the people who put him/her in office.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
It would take a little while, but I have been saying this for the past several months.

For the next 3 elections, regardless of how well they are doing the job elect someone else to do the job. Do not re-elect anyone. Then by the time the 4th election rolls around lets see how well an elected official listens to the people who put him/her in office.
Exactly, continuously re-electing these folks makes them lazy and worthless to the general population. Flush the entire system! The thoughts that some have posted here have some merit, but it is that thinking that has put Government in the positions it is in to ignore the People. IF everyone keep on status quo, then things will not change, and we will continue to fall. If everyone changes their thinking, and choses to rid this nations of the flawed two party system, then good can and will come of it.

I do not believe in the system where our repesentatives actually represent the party and not the people. The biggest scam of today is the option on ballots for straight party voting. You know those two little boxes on the top that make people lazy and not think about their actions. Some people are confused by those little boxes and check them thinking they are asking if you are a Democrat or Republican, heck, my own mother did that for years until I explained it too her, that once that box is checked, it cancels out any other mark on the ballot. Those straight party ballots should taken away, forcing people to make a physical choice between the candidates running for that office. It will force people to pay attention to the real issues! It would give the no party or minority party candidates a half-a-chance to make a difference.

I am not saying KK is going to be the best choice, but at least he will stand in front of you and give real answers to real problems. Several of the Democratic and Republican candidates have flip-floped on issues so much lately, I am suprised they have not all changed their names in the process.

Enough for now, have a nice day and be safe out there on the road.
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 08-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Senior Board Member

I didn't look at him, but I wouldn't vote for him. I hate it, but the closest to a viable third-party candidate I've seen in my voting years was Ross Perot. I think he did a good job of undermining the potential for any future third-party candidate to make a difference. Everybody is more afraid than ever of throwing away a vote on an un-electable candidate after that.

Ah, the hell with it, I just deleted pages of ranting. Thinking about the political machine in this country really pisses me off, but I don't want to sit here for two hours raging about the unstoppable machine of oligarchy, so I'll go nuke some lunch, and maybe play with my dogs while that's still legal.