User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is it just me?

Is it just me? Or is anyone else having problems getting their posts to go through? Everytime I click on "submit" it says "invalid session" re-submit.
I usually have to re-submit around 5-6 times to get it to post.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Default Re: Is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
Is it just me? Or is anyone else having problems getting their posts to go through? Everytime I click on "submit" it says "invalid session" re-submit.
Working good for me. Maybe your ISP is having issues.

Hi mom
Old 08-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Senior Board Member

I know if you take a long time to type a post, or, are typing a very long post :lol: without clicking on "preview" in a short period of time, even if your not done typing your post. You can lose the entire post when you click on submit, and have to start over again... Maybe the mod's, or CAD can give you a better answer to your question... :wink:

Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
maybe your posts are too boring.. just kidding
Old 08-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Board Icon

Much as I'd LOVE to say, "Naw... it's just YOU!" the fact is, I've been having this problem DAILY for the last 4 months or so!! I've complained about it recently, but I haven't posted about it in the "Ask Cad" forum!

I know ONE thing.... EVERY problem I've had so far has been experienced by MORE than ONE other poster. And, based on my experiences with other websites I post on... THIS is the only one having this problem.

So..... IT IS NOT ON MY/OUR END!! (the standard answer from the Mods)

I've grown so TIRED of this "process" that I've considered just resigning from the board and going back to watching T.V.!!! (NOT that anyone would really care!) :lol:

I even tried registering under a different login, and got the same problem! It's good to know that I'm not the ONLY one!

I SURE hope SOMEONE is listening.... and will forward this concern to Mama or Papa CAD!!! They got a guy or two up there who "knows" computers, and I believe can fix it! It's beginning to DRIVE me to DRINK!!! :shock: :lol:

For anyone who "thinks" they know the answer, I'll give you a hint. It has NOTHING to do with a "timeout" on how long it takes us to "reply." I've clicked on quote or reply and typed ONE line before (15 seconds at the most) and I still get the message!

If "I" had "special computer powers," I'd look under the list of error messages for the "INVALID SESSION - Please Resubmit FORM" and see what it says causes it! THEN, I'd either FIX the problem.... or AT LEAST let some of us know WTF is going on! :roll:

But, Hey! That's just ME!! :shock: :lol:

[Now... I'll COPY this post so I don't lose it, hit preview cuz it seems to help... NOT... and then hit submit for the next fifteen minutes or so, until it "takes!" ]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

UPDATE: This time, I had to hit SUBMIT about 3 or 4 times, then it logged me out. I had to log in again, then "paste" my post (which I had "copied") to the blank form. Now.... I'll have to COPY it again to keep from losing this update, then hit submit another 10 times or so!

This is getting REAL OLD, REAL FAST!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

I've noticed it takes longer for the post to go through. CAD's definately been slower lately.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

I have not had any problems thus far........we shall see.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
I've noticed it takes longer for the post to go through. CAD's definately been slower lately.
No offense, Greg... but this has NOTHING to do with "processing speed" of the posts.

We hit submit form, and we get the same box I'm typing in now BACK... with our reply and all quotes, etc. ABOVE this window, it says, "INVALID SESSION - PLEASE RESUBMIT THE FORM."

Then, we hit submit again and again and again.... each time getting this window back with that message overhead!

E-V-E-N-T-U-A-L-L-Y, we get the message to click HERE to view our post or HERE to return to the forum. OR.......

Sometimes.... we get the login form, and after doing so, we get a BLANK "reply" form in which we can "paste" our previous post (IF WE SAVED IT.)

How can it BE an INVALID SESSION?? And if it IS one.... how can it eventually get "posted" if we hit submit enough times???

There is a MAJOR problem here (for some of us) and it is enough to make me want to buy a GUN!!!! :shock: :lol: :roll: :shock: :lol:

YOUR most recent post showed up in the "history" file below, somewhere during my process of "RE-Sumitting!" It was NOT there the FIRST time my post got "rejected." Or the THIRD time, for that matter. So.... I posted BEFORE you, but your post got in while I was resubmitting.

At times, I've actually EDITED my post.... before it ever got sumitted successfully, based on a post like yours that showed up in the meantime!

I've been a member here since the fall of 05. It is now the fall of 07. NOTHING has changed on my computer in that time, but.... I've had this problem since the early spring of this year (IIRC!) That was about the time of the big crash that lost 70% of the history of this forum! Hmm....

Obviously there are some corrupted files SOMEWHERE! I don't know if they are in my LOGIN.... or the server in general. If I KNEW what the problem was.... I would FIX it before the SUN went down! But, I am convinced it is not on MY END! And "I" don't have super powers to fix CAD's problems. I had another problem, once before, and someone from CAD contacted me and told me to "clear cookies, history, etc." I DID that, but I don't believe that is what fixed it. In the process of "helping" me, he had to CHANGE my password. I am still using that "changed" password. I believe he did SOMETHING on HIS end that fixed the problem.

I'm no computer expert, but I'm a HELL of a "systems analyst." This "system" is broke somewhere, and it is NOT on my end. EVEN if it is related to MY ISP.... it is in the way the server interracts with it. I have NO PROBLEMS with any other site using the SAME ISP!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Board Member

There is a MAJOR problem here (for some of us) and it is enough to make me want to buy a GUN!!!!

Overkill. Just toss it out the window at 70 mph. Oh, wait, we'll have to ban big trucks or highways, no the heat, yeah that's it or maybe President Bush..........
Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
There is a MAJOR problem here (for some of us) and it is enough to make me want to buy a GUN!!!!
Overkill. Just toss it out the window at 70 mph. Oh, wait, we'll have to ban big trucks or highways, no the heat, yeah that's it or maybe President Bush..........
You mean toss the computer?? This is a desktop model, not a laptop!! :lol:

It would be easier just to SHOOT the dang thing!!

Not sure I understood the rest of your post but, yeah.... the weather has been extreme lately!! But like they say.... Everyone complains about it, and NO one DOES anything about it! :shock: :lol:

Ban Dubya??? You got MY vote!! :wink:

What are you trying to do, T.L???? Talk me OUT of buying a gun?? You KNOW I want one.... I just need a GOOD excuse to get one so I won't have to ADMIT I bought it just cuz I wanted it! 8)