User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A hobby geared just for us drivers- model trucking

:lol: Hey everyone, I am a professional driver in Kansas City working for an LTL carrier here driving OTR. Anyway I was letting all drivers know that there is a hobby geared specifically for us professional drivers- Radio Control Model Trucking. Just like our real trucks and trailers, there are realistic models, multi-speed transmissions, air-ride suspension systems, aluminum wheels, TONS of aluminum accessories, full LED lighting systems, super single duals, wide fronts, multi axle driving systems, multi axle steering systems, fully operational hydraulic systems, many trailer configurations to choose from, converter dollies, EVERYTHING you can think of to make this 1-14 scale and 1-16 scale hobby as close to the real thing as possible. If that were'nt enough, there are also fully operational machines for playing in the dirt- like Caterpillar front loaders, dozers, cranes and many others- mostly all metal construction, full hydraulics and lighting, and scale operational realism. Every year there are several model trucking shows here in the U.S. and we are trying to attract more people into this great hobby. Many of us have had radio control cars at some point in our lives, but they were nothing like this. If you would like LOTS more information, pictures, video and more about model trucking please visit my website at www.macc1-14scaletrucking.com we build crates, and pallets out of hard wood for model trucking and provide lots of information about the hobby. We support "GOOD STUFF... Trucks Bring It"
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Pretty cool site. The print was hard for me to read being different colors but very interesting. Do you know how much a basic model is?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: A hobby geared just for us drivers- model trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja52999
:lol: Hey everyone, I am a professional driver in Kansas City working for an LTL carrier here driving OTR. Anyway I was letting all drivers know that there is a hobby geared specifically for us professional drivers- Radio Control Model Trucking. Just like our real trucks and trailers, there are realistic models, multi-speed transmissions, air-ride suspension systems, aluminum wheels, TONS of aluminum accessories, full LED lighting systems, super single duals, wide fronts, multi axle driving systems, multi axle steering systems, fully operational hydraulic systems, many trailer configurations to choose from, converter dollies, EVERYTHING you can think of to make this 1-14 scale and 1-16 scale hobby as close to the real thing as possible. If that were'nt enough, there are also fully operational machines for playing in the dirt- like Caterpillar front loaders, dozers, cranes and many others- mostly all metal construction, full hydraulics and lighting, and scale operational realism. Every year there are several model trucking shows here in the U.S. and we are trying to attract more people into this great hobby. Many of us have had radio control cars at some point in our lives, but they were nothing like this. If you would like LOTS more information, pictures, video and more about model trucking please visit my website at www.macc1-14scaletrucking.com we build crates, and pallets out of hard wood for model trucking and provide lots of information about the hobby. We support "GOOD STUFF... Trucks Bring It"
Just what I need, a toy truck to drive on my days off..... :lol: :lol:
Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Rookie

Well starting prices for 1-14 Tamiya models run about $325 for a truck, and the trailers start at about $180.00. These are for kits, that are non-inclusive of everything you need to run the truck- although perfect for just a static model. If you want a truck and trailer to actually run, your going to spend about $1000.00 and that is still keeping it fairly basic. Prices go up from here, different manufactures and materials makes prices vary.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Default R/C

Hey where you located?.I have some 1-4 and 1-16 scale D.O.T. robotic cops with portable scales, and they come complete with ticket books! :twisted:
Old 06-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Rookie
Default Re: R/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpuppy
Hey where you located?.I have some 1-4 and 1-16 scale D.O.T. robotic cops with portable scales, and they come complete with ticket books! :twisted:
We are located in Kansas City, MO.- those sound cool!!! Do you make them or where can we get them?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: A hobby geared just for us drivers- model trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja52999
Just what I need, a toy truck to drive on my days off..... :lol: :lol:
LMAO
Old 06-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't laugh today I logged 1000 1/16 scale miles and picked a Barbie Doll hitchhiker along the way.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo
Don't laugh today I logged 1000 1/16 scale miles and picked a Barbie Doll hitchhiker along the way.
Wholy crap... thats a 1-16 scale log violation!!!