User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pray for this drivers family & friends - 6-1-07

Everyone please pray for this drives family and friends, I live in Newton, NC which is about 10miles SE from Hickory, NC and I found this in this mornings newspaper. If I hear any news as to the driver of the Silver Toyota Pickup I'll keep ya'll informed. As of this morning 6-2-07 they haven't come forward. The paper is Hickory Daily Record. You can follow it along also at their website www.hickoryrecord.com

"JULY 1st, 2007-HICKORY, NC - A man died after his tractor-trailer truck flipped at least three times on Interstate 40 and split into two pieces.

Bill Ray Parker, 52, of Fayetteville, Ark., was driving a US National truck out of Van Buren, Ark., said Terri Byers, public information officer for the Hickory Fire Department.

Parker was transporting a load of jarred pickles. The pickles littered the highway after the crash and the smell lingered in the air throughout the night.

N.C. State Highway Patrol troopers are looking for a silver Toyota pickup truck. They do not have confirmation on a license plate.

Troopers say the pickup truck was entering the westbound lane of I-40 at the Fairgrove Church Road on-ramp. The driver proceeded to enter the highway. As he did, the Toyota bumped up against another tractor-trailer truck.

That caused the Lee’s Transport truck to move into the leftbound lane in which the US National truck was driving. Investigators believe Parker over-corrected and lost control of the 18-wheeler. The truck jackknifed and rolled several times. It came to rest against a road sign and on the other side of a guardrail.

The crash happened around 6:20 p.m. Thursday.

Brian Younce was traveling in the eastbound lane of I-40 when he witnessed the tractor-trailer flip.

“This is one of the worse things I’ve come up on,” Younce said. “It’s amazing how life can change in a moment. God must have a different plan for him.”

A portion of the grass along the westbound lanes caught fire, Byers said. Firefighters also contained two small diesel leaks, she said.

I-40 westbound was shut down from the Fairgrove Church Road exit to the McDonald Parkway exit into the night as crews cleaned the scene. One lane was reopened at 9 p.m.

Eastbound traffic also was moving slowly from about the U.S. 321 intersection to the wreck scene.

Anyone with information on the wreck or knowledge of a silver Toyota pickup truck in the area should call Highway Patrol at 466-5500. "
Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Pray for this drivers family & friends - 6-1-07

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy
Everyone please pray for this drives family and friends, I live in Newton, NC which is about 10miles SE from Hickory, NC and I found this in this mornings newspaper. If I hear any news as to the driver of the Silver Toyota Pickup I'll keep ya'll informed. As of this morning 6-2-07 they haven't come forward. The paper is Hickory Daily Record. You can follow it along also at their website www.hickoryrecord.com

"JULY 1st, 2007-HICKORY, NC - A man died after his tractor-trailer truck flipped at least three times on Interstate 40 and split into two pieces.

Bill Ray Parker, 52, of Fayetteville, Ark., was driving a US National truck out of Van Buren, Ark., said Terri Byers, public information officer for the Hickory Fire Department.

Parker was transporting a load of jarred pickles. The pickles littered the highway after the crash and the smell lingered in the air throughout the night.

N.C. State Highway Patrol troopers are looking for a silver Toyota pickup truck. They do not have confirmation on a license plate.

Troopers say the pickup truck was entering the westbound lane of I-40 at the Fairgrove Church Road on-ramp. The driver proceeded to enter the highway. As he did, the Toyota bumped up against another tractor-trailer truck.

That caused the Lee’s Transport truck to move into the leftbound lane in which the US National truck was driving. Investigators believe Parker over-corrected and lost control of the 18-wheeler. The truck jackknifed and rolled several times. It came to rest against a road sign and on the other side of a guardrail.

The crash happened around 6:20 p.m. Thursday.

Brian Younce was traveling in the eastbound lane of I-40 when he witnessed the tractor-trailer flip.

“This is one of the worse things I’ve come up on,” Younce said. “It’s amazing how life can change in a moment. God must have a different plan for him.”

A portion of the grass along the westbound lanes caught fire, Byers said. Firefighters also contained two small diesel leaks, she said.

I-40 westbound was shut down from the Fairgrove Church Road exit to the McDonald Parkway exit into the night as crews cleaned the scene. One lane was reopened at 9 p.m.

Eastbound traffic also was moving slowly from about the U.S. 321 intersection to the wreck scene.

Anyone with information on the wreck or knowledge of a silver Toyota pickup truck in the area should call Highway Patrol at 466-5500. "

Either the newspaper needs to hire a proof-reader or we just entered the "Twilight Zone".

I don't mean to make light of someone being hurt but something here is not right.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Board Regular

Yeah I agree. He posted this elsewhere and I said that the date was only June 1, 2007 now.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Rookie
Default yea i messed up

Yea I messed up on the dates on that, I work 3rd and I'm still getting used to the difference. Just a mix up in the dates. The actual wreck actually happened on Thursday May 31st, and was in the June 1st paper. Sorry about any misunderstandings/misprints on this subject yall.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Board Regular

I didn't click on the article before cause of the date. I thought maybe there might be something wrong with opening the article. I have since read it and am so sad for the loss of the driver and the loss for the drivers family.

Drive safe everyone.