User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A Card of Thanks

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to all my brothers and sisters here on CAD for the kind words and prayers following the death of my dad last Thursday. We buried him yesterday (Friday, May 25) and the service was beautiful. I held up pretty good until our church choir sang his favorite hymn "Spirit Song" then lost it for a minute or so. Dad is no longer in pain, is at peace, and is with his two brothers and mom and dad. Once again, thanks. You guys really helped me through the most difficult time of my life. 8)
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'm glad he had a good service and may he rest in peace.

It may really take awhile for a lot of this to sink in. It was a couple months later for me. Everyone responds in their own way. If you feel you need to reach out in the future, you can always call on me.
May God bless you Bro, and your family, through the days ahead.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Midnight Flyer, when my grandpa died, I about lost it. He lived in Ft Smith, and my mom's family does. Anyway, I grew up going up to Ft Smith, and staying with my grandparents in the summer. I loved fishing with him. We used to go to Clear Creek, and Lee Creek all the time. He died in 2000, and I found myself not letting it go. I never thought that I could pick up a fishing rod agin. I went fishing with my dad, and nephews for the first time this year, since my grandpa died. The last time that I fished with grandpa, was back in 1995, or '96. Shortly after, his health went downhill. I find myself doing things that I enjoy that my grandpa, and I did together, but I couldnt do in the past.

I dont know why I typed all of that, but hopefully, it's encouraging. I encourage you to be thankful that your dad taught what you know, and you can echo those things to your family. Death is a fact of life. It's God's plan that he called your dad to come home. I know that it is hard to think about, and endure, but knowing that you dad is with our Lord, is encouraging. Midnight Flyer, be strong in the Lord, and the power of his might.(Ephesians 6:10)
Still keeping you, and your family in our thoughts, and prayers.

http://watsonsysco.com/