User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Driver Recruiting from Home, How do you get started ?

What’s involved in getting started & who are some of the companies someone may start working for as opposed to putting out $$ for leads & going all out to start a small recruiting biz.
I’m not looking to work in house but rather for a recruiter that may for example hire for many different carriers. My resume includes being an former OTR driver. I’d like to do my part in helping to reduce the ever increasing driver shortage we're facing. Any Suggestions? Any info shared would be greatly appreciated, thank you…Be Safe Out There!
Email: [email protected]
Old 05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Most of the time when you see at home recruiters, they are paying for their own websites and leads. Which can be really expensive. Example... I recruit for JB and work from both the office and home. Even though JB provides me with leads. I still purchase my own from outside sources, I have my own website, and I also pay out of pocket to market that website. Just doing this costs me a little over a grand a month, sometime more. Its all relative. The more I pay out, the more I will make. There are a few recruiters here that pay up to 3 grand a month for leads.
Yes, you can make good money as an independant at home recruiter. However, its going to cost quite a bit of money to make money.
Also, recruiters working from home for multiple companies are usually considered independant contractors and most likely wont get any benefits. Which is what has kept me from ever going independant.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Just the info I was looking for, thanks Sheepdancer