User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Your Advice is My Dollars

Hello, I am interested in buying a truck, but I am a first-time buyer and don't know whether it's worth it or not. Listed below is the information about the truck.

Type: Semi-Sleeper Conventional
Class: Class 8 (33,001 lbs or more)
Make: Freightliner
Model: Century
Year: 2001
Mileage: 781229
Title: Clear
Condition: Used
Number of Axles: Tandem
Engine Make: Detroit
Engine Horsepower: 500
Fuel Type: Diesel
Transmission Type: Manual
Transmission Speeds: Super 10
Suspension Type: Air
Tire Size: 22.5

Based on this information about the truck, what do you think the truck's worth? In addition, I would like to know how much more fuel per mile a 500 horsepower engine will use compared to a 400 horsepower engine.
I really appreciate your help and would like to thank you in advance for your advice.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Board Regular

Well that same truck your talking about is currently 14,600.00 with 27 bids on ebay.

it looks to be a older Swift Truck though it has LTI on the top.. The discription states it has some damages.

I would approach with very high caution. I have driven a Truck that was suppected to been a former Swift Truck. Let's say I was in the Shop least 2 times a month. Once it was in the shop for 6 weeks. But that was THAT ONE TRUCK. The one your looking at very much could be in better shape.

I looking on ebay to see what they were going for, and found that one your discribing. So I do not know from own experence how much they are worth. Just comparing.

2000 Kenworth KW T2000 w/ 500HP Cummins with about 100,000 less miles and a 13 speed asking price $40,000.00 buy it now.

2000 2000 FREIGHTLINER CENTURY 500HP Cummins Buy it now 16,000.00. But I would be extra lery since they do not show you the Right side. They show a different Truck right side. One they are trying to sell was leased onto Bar-Nun the one they showed the right side of was leased onto Landstar.

As a Seller on ebay, becareful. Lot of scams going on there on ebay.